The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

6 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

No I'm pretty sure people are just disappointed with his progression.  Apparently he's still behind Brisebois, Sautner and Chatfield on the pecking order so we weren't planning on seeing him any time soon anyways and that was before the injury.  Point totals are good and that's a good sign but I thought we weren't supposed to just look at stats?  He has 5 even strength points in 18 games, apparently he's still soft and frigid, turns the puck over at bad times and is a -12

Our other top prospects would garner a lot more attention during injury news like that, not sure how you would dispute that.  

When he was drafted they roughly said it would take him a few years to develop. His progression is just fine man. This was expected, the injuries not so much...of course injuries suck but they can happen to anyone.

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

juolevi will be a regular nhl top 4 in a yr or two  hopefully knee will be ok. not sure why everyone is freaking out  he will be great for canucks 

I dont know if people are so much concerned with his play as they are with his injuries. At least that's the only thing that concerns me. One knee surgery, back surgery, and now potentially another knee injury (really hoping it's not serious) all before hes ever played an nhl game. That's what's concerning. He has the iq and tools to be a solid dman, but injuries can take that all away.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kushman said:

I dont know if people are so much concerned with his play as they are with his injuries. At least that's the only thing that concerns me. One knee surgery, back surgery, and now potentially another knee injury (really hoping it's not serious) all before hes ever played an nhl game. That's what's concerning. He has the iq and tools to be a solid dman, but injuries can take that all away.

Looks like Salo's teachings have taken effect ;)

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Olli is probably going to be out the next 2-2.5 weeks. Doesn't need surgery or anything. Then we'll see where he's at but we think he should be good to play after that." - Benning on Juolevi

He was picking up offensively.

image.thumb.png.de51bf0916fb840a29d3c9e0cd425dbd.png

That -12 also sorta stands out?

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Olli is probably going to be out the next 2-2.5 weeks. Doesn't need surgery or anything. Then we'll see where he's at but we think he should be good to play after that." - Benning on Juolevi

No structural damage. Phew!

18 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Care to quote a coach or manager that shares this character assassination crap of yours?

He has a tendency sometimes to look like he’s disinterested, even though he’s not,” Salo said. “Body language is very important in the NHL. You can’t have bad body language. He has to show he’s really into the games and wants to be out there.

“He got better this year as the season went on.”

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

He was picking up offensively.

image.thumb.png.de51bf0916fb840a29d3c9e0cd425dbd.png

That -12 also sorta stands out?

He's playing for a pretty bad club.  Horvat was -30 a couple seasons ago.  It's a stat that doesn't mean much without context.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Care to quote a coach or manager that shares this character assassination crap of yours?

If you need a link to Forsberg's post:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-top-prospects-no-2-olli-juolevi

Also, if you think that's character assassination, I wonder what you think of people who are actually giving pessimistic comments....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I posted that more than a week ago man. 

Anyway, @ForsbergTheGreat already found the Salo quote for you. 

Please just put me on ignore. It feels like you specifically have quoted me in this thread more than everyone else in every other thread combined. Just let it sleep. 

7 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Yeah you're right...those 18 games in Utica over nearly 2 months probably wore out the 20 year old.

Wow, is bringing some positivity too much for you or something?

I had looked at Nux's comment earlier going "I like that we have some optimism happening." I should have known someone would bring in the pessimism.