The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kerby Rychel to Leafs for Scott Harrington and conditional pick

Hmm, Rychel is pretty good and don't know much about Harrington but scouting report seems to be reliable, mobile defenceman.

On a team who needs a bit of everything I'd rather stockpile the defensive/goalie projects rather than take on offensive tools

Specifically when you have Marner, Nylander, Matthews, Kapanen.

That said Harrington wasn't their pick so maybe they didn't like him that much? Or he's waiver eligible but you'd think that Leafs would have a spot for him on the bottom end of their blueline???

Just now, youngbob_007 said:

Guess you should go become a leafs fan then...

im not going to be a leaf fan, but ever since they got lou they have been stock piing the draft picks, something I hope our management did. Sigh, im counting the 3 years. Disappointing draft, tdl, season, this is just a blunder of a season. Now I look forward to free-agent day, which I know benning will over pay. Just count 3 years, that's all im giving this regime. 

13 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

im not going to be a leaf fan, but ever since they got lou they have been stock piing the draft picks, something I hope our management did. Sigh, im counting the 3 years. Disappointing draft, tdl, season, this is just a blunder of a season. Now I look forward to free-agent day, which I know benning will over pay. Just count 3 years, that's all im giving this regime. 

You'll just say the same thing about the new regime when that happens so why bother. And you want to hold off using Toronto as a model until they have achieved something better than finishing dead last.

11 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Stockpiling draft picks is equivalent to buying as many lottery tickets as you can and hoping to win some money. There's strategy to making use of those picks but at the end of the day you're rolling the dice on imaginary value, nothing tangible. Benning is going out and finding immediate assets to help supplement this team and lead the franchise in the right direction. The Leafs are essentially a McDonald's franchise at this point, full of kids of varying potential and maturity who are pretty much going to be raising each other. Some may bottom out, others may turn out great but who knows if it will even be for the leafs. Their franchise is at the bottom of the barrel so the harm of throwing all of your eggs in the draft lottery basket is minimized.

Archived