The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

Hope so, kid can flat out fly and was looking to provide a really physical forecheck.

Was a lot of talk about him having to scale back his physical game because of the shoulder, hopefully this gives him the confidence to keep playing his game.

Don't know if can provide sustained offence at NHL level but could still have significant role.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Hope so, kid can flat out fly and was looking to provide a really physical forecheck.

Was a lot of talk about him having to scale back his physical game because of the shoulder, hopefully this gives him the confidence to keep playing his game.

Don't know if can provide sustained offence at NHL level but could still have significant role.

He's a certain NHL player (bottom six for sure) but not until his completely matured.  His style of play - to be in the league - is an aggressive one, and he needs time to grow.  Maybe he's the kind of player who really makes an impact in a playoff run as his first time up?  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

He's a certain NHL player (bottom six for sure)

I’ve seen way more heavily hyped prospects not make the NHL. 

Nothing certain Alf 

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I’ve seen way more heavily hyped prospects not make the NHL. 

Nothing certain Alf 

I didn't use my crystal ball on this prediction, but only looked at his style of play and his physical maturity - or lack there of.  We need to be patient with him.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

He's a certain NHL player (bottom six for sure) but not until his completely matured.  His style of play - to be in the league - is an aggressive one, and he needs time to grow.  Maybe he's the kind of player who really makes an impact in a playoff run as his first time up?  

He needs to figure out how to not get hurt first or he will retire in his early 20s.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

From a couple weeks back:

EDIT: hard not to get excited at the idea of a fully healed Lockwood, returning to action in the best shape of his life, and joining a sophomore Quinn Hughes for another year. I’m definitely planning on watching a lot of Michigan games. Might even have to spring for a paid package, although GoBlue should have at least half the games streaming for free (and there are ways to access the other broadcasts without actually hurting the pocketbook :ph34r:).

It’s nice Quinn is there as well! It’ll be that much easier keeping an eye on Lockwood. Canucks will probably sign both these guys when their season is over!

13 hours ago, BlastPast said:

Underrated prospect at this point.  Thought he looked good at the WJC and the coach obviously did too as I believe he made his way up to the top line with Mittelstadt and , I think, Trent Frederic by the time he was injured.

I didn't think he was ever underrated to be honest.

Most on here saw big things for Lockwood (including me) until his latest unfortunate injury.

• Cheers 1

With all this talk about proper english around here these past few weeks....I have noticed some garbled english by pro writers a lot  lately...like this, does the bolded even make sense?;

Mel Pearson on Will Lockwood: We have high expectations for him, and I mentioned that to Jim Benning. Will looks fantastic, it's the best shape I've seen him in. He's got definition top him this year, he's worked extremely hard. He's a very dynamic player and we missed him

22 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

With all this talk about proper english around here these past few weeks....I have noticed some garbled english by pro writers a lot  lately...like this, does the bolded even make sense?;

Mel Pearson on Will Lockwood: We have high expectations for him, and I mentioned that to Jim Benning. Will looks fantastic, it's the best shape I've seen him in. He's got definition top him this year, he's worked extremely hard. He's a very dynamic player and we missed him

Don't question it bruh. If I've learned anything this week it's that pointingout any grammar or spelling errors makes you a cyber bully. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

He has fat fingers and pressed both the 'o' and the 'p' at the same time ! ie 'top' is 'to'.

• Cheers 1

Maybe Hughes gives Lockwood that extra bump of motivation to make the Canucks. You know Hughes will make it next year for sure. I'm sure Lockwood will do everything he can to make it as well with his Michigan team mate. Maybe they also win a championship together next year. With the depth the Canucks have now, I kind of forgot about Lockwood. Other forwards became more polarizing (Pettersson, Dahlen, Gadjovich, Palmu, Jasek, etc). Canucks could have a heck of a team in 2-3 years.

On 2018-06-11 at 1:28 PM, Alflives said:

WL has potential but if he can’t stay healthy he has no shot at the show. 

He has the tools and the will but could ‘Rodin’ on us. I am pulling for him, love the tenacity.  Keep pushing WL.  

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Get he pitchforks guys, we have another spelling error!!!!  The nerve of fat fingered typists. 

• Haha 1