The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Like an old Western movie...Ahlberg is on a one way train to Lockwood, it’s a dirty scrappy one horse town. Look out for yerself there kid! And keep yer head up. Ya never know when ol’ Willy is coming!

seriously tho...this kid loves to hit. Excited to see him develop. I had a dream about an all college draft pick line of Lockwood, Gaudette, and Boeser. But that was a while ago...you know, before Brock took over the league with his magnificent man flow, playing on a top line with Horvat...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Seems to be the fringe guy on the team. Lowest time on ice out of all US players with 10:09 total. 

Seems that way. But could also be them giving him a lesser role to rest up his injury against a weaker opponent/less meaningful game. Saving him for a tougher team knowing the reckless style he plays with. Could also just be bottom of the chain though haha

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Derp... said:

Definition of hard to play against.

North American Heart? Yup
European Skill? Still working on it.

Kid has heart, like someone said earlier he reminds you of Hansen. Really fast, not afraid to throw the body around and plays with heart. We didn't see much of him, but you notice his speed every shift for sure. Would love to see him in the lineup in a couple of years as he continues to develop now.

Edited by J-23

12 hours ago, guntrix said:

Seems to be the fringe guy on the team. Lowest time on ice out of all US players with 10:09 total. 

Definitely NOT a fringe player. He is coming off an injury and I suspect the coach wanted to bring him back easy by limiting TOI. It was questioned whether he would make the team because of that injury. He was a standout in the summer games.  

• Upvote 2

This thread is amusing.   Just reading this page only you got people saying he the next Hansen,  no he's the next Burr,  he's a great 4th rounder, no he's a 3rd rounder, he's a fringe roster player,  no he's just being saved by his coaches to be unleashed on better competition later, he's a reckless player, we need him on our team........in all honesty I've never seen him play,  just clips here and there but something tells me he isn't all of the above - or maybe he is and we really need him on our team, like right now ^_^?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PlanB said:

This thread is amusing.   Just reading this page only you got people saying he the next Hansen,  no he's the next Burr,  he's a great 4th rounder, no he's a 3rd rounder, he's a fringe roster player,  no he's just being saved by his coaches to be unleashed on better competition later, he's a reckless player, we need him on our team........in all honesty I've never seen him play,  just clips here and there but something tells me he isn't all of the above - or maybe he is and we really need him on our team, like right now ^_^?

...everyone here is an expert in there own mind...or out of it....

WL  is similar in playing style to both Hansen and Burrows...he has Hansen's speed and tenacity and Burrow's attitude and tenacity....

The difference is WL can also hit the net from further than 20 feet out...which is the other two's downfall....so...with 10 more Lbs. and a years growth all around, I think he pushes for a spot in camp next year but probably falls just short and is our "Goldy" in the minors next year.....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

...everyone here is an expert in there own mind...or out of it....

WL  is similar in playing style to both Hansen and Burrows...he has Hansen's speed and tenacity and Burrow's attitude and tenacity....

The difference is WL can also hit the net from further than 20 feet out...which is the other two's downfall....so...with 10 more Lbs. and a years growth all around, I think he pushes for a spot in camp next year but probably falls just short and is our "Goldy" in the minors next year.....

Won't he be returning to school?

• Upvote 1