The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

14 hours ago, Fred65 said:

You're correct for sure. But I did read that Ottawa were interested and frankly it makes sense for Lockwood himself. Ottawa iis a good place for any prospect at this time. I'm not all together sure Lockwood would be missed by Vcr. he's maybe in tough with other high end propsects

8 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

If the Canucks do decide not to sign him, I can't see them letting him go without at least trading his rights.

As much as I like Lockwood, if his rights were part of a package to send Eriksson to Ottawa....I'd be a-ok with that ::D

• Upvote 1

Just now, ruilin96 said:

It will take more than Lockwood for Ottawa to bite on the LE contract.

20 minutes ago, aGENT said:

As much as I like Lockwood, if his rights were part of a package to send Eriksson to Ottawa....I'd be a-ok with that ::D

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Ottawa would be idiotic not to take that deal. LE would actually be somewhat useful for 2 1/2 years and they'd like have a good shot at a legit 3C for free. 

NVM :lol:

Pot Kettle :lol:

Edited by aGENT
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Ottawa would be idiotic not to take that deal. LE would actually be somewhat useful for 2 1/2 years and they'd like have a good shot at a legit 3C for free. 

I'm sure we'd have to add (especially with the possibility Lockwood finishes all 4 years if he doesn't like the idea of playing for Melnik). But as part of a package...why the hell not?

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

NVM :lol:

Pot Kettle :lol:

thats why they made the edit button :lol:

but if Fred65 is correct and there really is interest... dunno, not sure how you don't make that  deal. But as time clicks on here Loui's contract becomes less and less of a thing. Frankly I think he'll be in Utica soon, there's just too many other large contracts sent down this year so Jim doesn't have to look like an outlier. Calgary would send Lucic down if they could. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats why they made the edit button :lol:

but if Fred65 is correct and there really is interest... dunno, not sure how you don't make that  deal. But as time clicks on here Loui's contract becomes less and less of a thing. Frankly I think he'll be in Utica soon, there's just too many other large contracts sent down this year so Jim doesn't have to look like an outlier. Calgary would send Lucic down if they could. 

Still can't believe they made that trade! :picard::lol:

• Haha 2

Just an update: Lockwood is day-to-day with an upper body injury. 

He got hurt in the second period of the November 8th game versus Minnesota. Was apparently bleeding quite heavily from his mouth (requiring some ice cleanup work), left the game, and hasn’t played since.

This past weekend, he missed both of Michigan’s games, but he was at practice. First he was just skating by himself. Next day, he was fully participating in the drills, but wearing a non-contact jersey.

I haven’t been able to find any details regarding the specific nature of the injury (I could speculate but I won’t), but seems like he’s making progress so hopefully he will return to action soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lockwood was on the “Inside Michigan Hockey” radio show yesterday and basically confirmed he had a concussion (although he never uttered the C word). He describes it as “pretty minor” but that he still had to go “on protocol” and that the training staff was taking every step to insure it was “safe” before he returned to game action. Will said he was feeling good and expects to be playing again soon.

10 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Lockwood was on the “Inside Michigan Hockey” radio show yesterday and basically confirmed he had a concussion (although he never uttered the C word). He describes it as “pretty minor” but that he still had to go “on protocol” and that the training staff was taking every step to insure it was “safe” before he returned to game action. Will said he was feeling good and expects to be playing again soon.

Yeah, whenever you hear a player being described as having "concussion-like symptoms" after being rocked in a game, you know they have a concussion.  Same thing if they say they're just having headaches after a hard jolt to the head; that's a concussion.

• 1 month later...

Why is there absolutely no talk about this kid? CDC has hyped up so many trash proapects over the years, what about Lockwood? By all accounts he's actually pretty decent. Can we show him a little love before he decides to sign elsewhere? I see NHL potential there. 

2 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Why is there absolutely no talk about this kid? CDC has hyped up so many trash proapects over the years, what about Lockwood? By all accounts he's actually pretty decent. Can we show him a little love before he decides to sign elsewhere? I see NHL potential there. 

We'll see how the rest of the season goes but 7 points in 15 games is not good for a senior. He should be dominating that league this year, but it appears injuries have really hampered his development 

7 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

We'll see how the rest of the season goes but 7 points in 15 games is not good for a senior. He should be dominating that league this year, but it appears injuries have really hampered his development 

Well to be fair his team seems to have taken quite a step back since they lost players like Hughes and Marody.

The top scorer on his team only has 9 points. And 23 year old Jake Slaker only has 8.

However its hard not to look at a player like Tyler Motte who had almost a goal per game in his final year for Michigan. And he was a year younger than Lockwood.

I really think he should have gone to the AHL this season and started his pro career. Then we would know where his developments at. Right now they may be thinking about not even offering him a contract. Especially when considering the role he would be filling and how many other prospects we have that are farther along in that role.

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well to be fair his team seems to have taken quite a step back since they lost players like Hughes and Marody.

The top scorer on his team only has 9 points. And 23 year old Jake Slaker only has 8.

However its hard not to look at a player like Tyler Motte who had almost a goal per game in his final year for Michigan. And he was a year younger than Lockwood.

I really think he should have gone to the AHL this season and started his pro career. Then we would know where his developments at. Right now they may be thinking about not even offering him a contract. Especially when considering the role he would be filling and how many other prospects we have that are farther along in that role.

I'd be shocked if we didn't offer him a contract. If anything this makes it less likely for him to be enticed by another team. His speed, drive and character are all aspects that this team will like and hope to develop. The dip in production looks to be team related and he's still amongst the top of his team. He may be a support player, but those are needed as well. Tyler Motte had incredible linemates in Connor and Compher plus Werenski on defense.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

The fact that his pro hockey career is far from a sure thing is exactly why he made the right decision to stay in college. Will the person needs something to fall back on if hockey doesn’t work out for him. Especially considering his injury history.

12 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I'd be shocked if we didn't offer him a contract. If anything this makes it less likely for him to be enticed by another team. His speed, drive and character are all aspects that this team will like and hope to develop. The dip in production looks to be team related and he's still amongst the top of his team. He may be a support player, but those are needed as well. Tyler Motte had incredible linemates in Connor and Compher plus Werenski on defense.

I wouldn’t be shocked Theo, he’s not a standout guy this year and last year was another tough year due to injuries.  

We need all the contract spots we can get so that we can try and sign next year’s Brogan Rafferty for free.  

I don’t think he will turn into more then an AHL player. His success came as a result of playing physical but he’s not built to play that way in the professional leagues. 

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I wouldn’t be shocked Theo, he’s not a standout guy this year and last year was another tough year due to injuries.  

We need all the contract spots we can get so that we can try and sign next year’s Brogan Rafferty for free.  

I don’t think he will turn into more then an AHL player. His success came as a result of playing physical but he’s not built to play that way in the professional leagues. 

The Canucks drafted him and thus must've seen something they like. If injuries would scare them off, they wouldn't be so patient with OJ either then. The Canucks have invested a pick on him and by all accounts, it sounds like he wants to join us knowing that we drafted him. Lockwood still plays the game with speed and tenacity, which are attributes that we are building our team lately. If what he says is true, he shows good character, which is another aspect we look for. Worst case is we see if we can develop him further and if not, then we move on and he's hopefully finished his schooling to be ready for the next stage in his life as well.