The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016-2017 Opening Night Roster

Patrick Kane

Rodin is listed by NHL.com and a few other sources as a right winger but can apparently also play left. Anyone knows which one he prefers?

Daniel-Henrik-Eriksson

Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen

Rodin-Sutter-Virtanen

Burrows-Granlund-Dorsett

Etem-Gaunce

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Sbisa-Tryamkin

Pedan-Larsen

Miller

Markstrom

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Baertschi - Horvat - Rodin

Burrows - Sutter - Hansen

Gaunce - Granlund - Etem

Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa - Larsen

Tryamkin

Virtanen starts in the AHL.

The 3rd line can be used as defensively as possible to take pressure off the other lines.

I like this 2nd line because it seems like it would have great chemistry and could become something like the Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson line that we used to have.

1 hour ago, Derp... said:

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Sutter-Rodin

Etem-Horvat-Hansen

Granlund-Gaunce-Burrows

Dorsett/Grenier/Virtanen (whoever earns it)

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Tryamkin-Larsen

Sbisa, Pedan

Millsy

Marky

I really want to see that third line on the ice; lots of potential with the speed and playing styles.

Pointless trying to decide the rosters because Jim Benning isn't done yet. He is going to make a trade for a top 6 winger and we will consequently probably lose assets in the process. It's obvious he is planning to trade a d-man for a forward.

And LOL @ everyone putting Horvat in 2nd line C. People are funny

6 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Pointless trying to decide the rosters because Jim Benning isn't done yet. He is going to make a trade for a top 6 winger and we will consequently probably lose assets in the process. It's obvious he is planning to trade a d-man for a forward.

And LOL @ everyone putting Horvat in 2nd line C. People are funny

With the players, especially the wingers, they have right now, I don't think the Canucks have definite second and third lines. The Horvat and Sutter lines will probably get close to equal ice time, with Sutter taking on the harder defensive matchups.

Call it a middle six if you want, since this phrase has been used to death lately.

If they can pull a Evander Kane for Sbisa and a 2nd. Then sign another dman (Russell if room)

Sedin Sedin Erikson

Kane Horvat Beartski

Burrows Sutter Hansen

Dorsett Granlund Etem 

Rodin.  (Virtanen in Utica)

tanev edler

hutton gudbranson

russel? Tryamkin

larsen

biega

miller

markstrom

this could be a playoff team. Kane is a risk but could pay off big time playing back home and would sell tickets 

1st line :  D.Sedin - H. Sedin - Eriksson

2nd line:  Burrows - Sutter - Rodin

3rd line:  Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen/Hansen  --- Hansen will play in Virtanen's place if he is sent                                                                                                             to the AHL. 

4th line:  Etem - Granlund - Dorsett                        Otherwise he takes Rodin's, Etem's or Dorsett's                                                                                                     spot.

Scratches:     Gaunce

Call-ups:  (Virtanen,) Grenier, Cassels, Megna, Chaput, Rendulic

1st D:  Edler - Tanev

2nd D: Sbisa/Hutton - Gudbranson   --- The only reason Sbisa and Hutton can be swapped is for                                                                                 Sbisa's contract.

3rd D:  Sbisa/Hutton - Tryamkin          Don't want to make the contract look stupid. If Sbisa can                                                                                  step up his game, great. 

Gudbranson and Sbisa would be throwing the body almost                                                                               every shift. It would be a 

scary D-pairing, but Hutton has also solidified his role, so                                                                            Sbisa and Hutton would be competing.

Scratches: Pedan, Biega --- One of them will have to clear waivers. I wouldn't like to see either of                                   them claimed, but they'll likely be competing for 7th defenseman, so one will                                                   (unfortunately) have to be sent down.

(On the bright side, for Biega if he's sent down, he will probably be                                                  captain again for Utica)

(On the bright side for Pedan, he'll get more experience and ice-time)

Call-ups: (Pedan, Biega,) Billins, Subban, Sautner

Goaltenders: Miller

Markstrom

Call-ups: Bachman, Demko(if necesary), Garteig(if it's REAAALLY BAD)

It'll be interesting to see if any other depth FAs wil be signed. I was hoping Benning would sign Adam Cracknell again, but Dallas signed him today. <_<

12 minutes ago, nitti999 said:

If they can pull a Evander Kane for Sbisa and a 2nd. Then sign another dman (Russell if room)

Sedin Sedin Erikson

Kane Horvat Beartski

Burrows Sutter Hansen

Dorsett Granlund Etem 

Rodin.  (Virtanen in Utica)

tanev edler

hutton gudbranson

russel? Tryamkin

larsen

biega

miller

markstrom

this could be a playoff team. Kane is a risk but could pay off big time playing back home and would sell tickets 

#1 you have got to be kidding that this is a playoff roster. #2, JB who is a key factor in getting Seguin out of Boston because of his behaviour outside the rink now trades for Evander Kane!! A  man of his convictions!!

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Noticed that Loui's face seems a promising blend of Sammuelsson, Vrb, Burrows & Clark Kent..might be THE guy!

Say it ain't so, NFA, say it ain't so...

Wouldn't Ovie, Burrows and Clark Kent done the trick?

Sammuelsson and Vrb... talk about too many consonants 

1 hour ago, canuckster19 said:

Well we need Tryamkin's size, anyone who denies this is seriously in denial, this team still lacks toughness, but Tryamkin on the bottom pairing sure as hell changes that.

He said so much as he'd bolt back to Russia as well if we put him in the AHL, so, if that's what it comes to, remember though there are 23 roster spots, I'd easily put Sbisa on waivers before Biega.

Hahaha! Sbisa on waivers will never happen.

I'm not suggesting we put another D down though, rather than we don't go with two extra forwards. Gaunce may not make the team and is waiver exempt so would be easier to move down along with Biega to not risk losing Pedan. If Gaunce makes a case for himself then we'll have to figure it out, maybe looking to trade one of our D to avoid the issue and having Gaunce in the AHL until then.

3 hours ago, Glory_Days said:

It depends, if Larsen can help our pp unit, he easily wins out over Sbisa. None of our defense can really QB a pp.

Edler - We've all seen how horrible he is at it

Tanev - Great defenseman, not much offense to his game though

Gudbranson - See above

Sbisa - Is Physical, again not a great puck mover or shot

Hutton - Too early to say, has potential to be effective on the pp

Tryamkin - When you're this big, you got a cannon of shot, be interesting to see if he's used on the point on pp, or maybe used down low to screen the goalie

Well.....I'm feeling good about the D

This is barring any trades or preseason surprises (ie. Stetcher/16 Draft pick)

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Rodin - Sutter - Hansen
Baertschi - Horvat - Etem
Burrows - Granlund - Virtanen/Dorsett
Dorsett/Virtanen 
Gaunce
Grenier

Edler - Tanev
Hutton - Gudbranson
Tryamkin - Sbisa
Larsen
Biega
Pedan

Miller
Markstrom

Am I alone in thinking that we need to make room for Pedan A; for his potential and B; more importantly for his ability to translate for big T . I feel his development should be a priority and having someone who can translate the finer details will greatly speed up his understanding of our system and the advice given by the rest of the team.

12 minutes ago, Dragonass said:

Am I alone in thinking that we need to make room for Pedan A; for his potential and B; more importantly for his ability to translate for big T . I feel his development should be a priority and having someone who can translate the finer details will greatly speed up his understanding of our system and the advice given by the rest of the team.

Im a big Pedan fan, i really want him to impress on training camp. We need him to make the team as a #7 ahead of Biega. 

56 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Say it ain't so, NFA, say it ain't so...

Wouldn't Ovie, Burrows and Clark Kent done the trick?

Sammuelsson and Vrb... talk about too many consonants 

Just assembled dismembered pieces of past members. That they all take to wing is the thing. Kinda like Buff Bill sewin up a skin-dress...

Archived