The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

Almost killing myself....

1. ....opening a can of tomato soup and it slipped and fell into the knife and fork drawer....so I bent down to wipe it off the floor and came up and almost knocked myself out on the open drawer...slipped on the soup and and almost broke my leg( I didn't..sure felt like it)....
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On November 20, 2016 at 6:59 PM, ShakyWalton said:

1. ....opening a can of tomato soup and it slipped and fell into the knife and fork drawer....so I bent down to wipe it off the floor and came up and almost knocked myself out on the open drawer...slipped on the soup and and almost broke my leg( I didn't..sure felt like it)....

Lol

just needed a few knives to fall on the floor to finish you off.

did anyone witness that?

Hilarious.

but glad you're ok.

• Upvote 2
On 2016-11-20 at 4:59 PM, ShakyWalton said:

That's harsh Shaky.

I think I saw a similar in a cartoon!

There were knives falling though.

Good thing not in your case.

• Upvote 1

Landlords who charge for painting upon move out. I've lived in my place for almost 10 years, and painted the place. I offered to paint the place back to white, and was told no, I am being charged either way. I advised that I lived there for almost 10 years, and that shouldn't that be counted as wear and tear if I paint it back to white? I was told no, that tenants are not allowed to paint. I then asked what the charge would be, and the landlord will have to find that out for me. The owner's son painted and moved out and left the place painted, and I didn't get the permission in writing at the time. My boyfriend at the time called them asking if the place could be painted. I am losing a battle here. It's probably best to pay it than fight it, and leave on good terms. 

52 minutes ago, brilac said:

Landlords who charge for painting upon move out. I've lived in my place for almost 10 years, and painted the place. I offered to paint the place back to white, and was told no, I am being charged either way. I advised that I lived there for almost 10 years, and that shouldn't that be counted as wear and tear if I paint it back to white? I was told no, that tenants are not allowed to paint. I then asked what the charge would be, and the landlord will have to find that out for me. The owner's son painted and moved out and left the place painted, and I didn't get the permission in writing at the time. My boyfriend at the time called them asking if the place could be painted. I am losing a battle here. It's probably best to pay it than fight it, and leave on good terms. 

Thats considered normal wear and tear here after 5 years..they are not supposed to charge but often they do...Im not sure if its in the tenant act...of course ours would be different than yours in the US..... it takes moving out to get anything done usually...my landlords wont give me a new rug but if I move out Im sure they will replace it...I dont get it.

4 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Thats considered normal wear and tear here after 5 years..they are not supposed to charge but often they do...Im not sure if its in the tenant act...of course ours would be different than yours in the US..... it takes moving out to get anything done usually...my landlords wont give me a new rug but if I move out Im sure they will replace it...I dont get it.

as a former land lord that no longer rents i'll shed some light on that...........we don't want to :P but after you're gone we do minor renovations then jack up the rent for the next sucker.....ahem tenant 

• Upvote 1
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 2:54 PM, ShakyWalton said:

Yeah, and I thought it would be wear and tear after almost 10 years if I paint it back to white.  I called them again and left a message following-up on what they will charge  to paint it, and they have not gotten back to me.  I am prompt, and I want to know things right away.  Hopefully I will run into them tomorrow when I am up at the place taking pictures, at least run into them when I am not taking pictures. Hopefully I can get a picture through the window of the unit that is already painted, where the owner's son used to live and left it painted, and the up keep on the building is not good. I know I am probably over thinking this, thinking that they are going to over charge me, but it's better to save myself, as well as getting 2 quotes from professional painters of what it would cost. If they keep my deposit, I will move on.  If they keep my deposit, and charge me an overpriced amount, I know what I am doing.

• Upvote 1

My cat is driving me crazy!  I am totally driven crazy right now!  She meowed through out the night, and decided to hang from a mirror!  A mirror on a wall.  I woke up and there she is, with her 2 paws on the mirror with the rest of her body hanging from the wall.  She has opened kitchen cabinets too, and is currently on the top of the refrigerator meowing!  She does know what be QUIET, STOP, AND WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM means! I look awful and she needs to go to the vet! We have tried a noise cancelling thing, de-stress spray, de-stress plug-in, calm treats, and moving to the living room. I don't know, kitty drugs?

• Upvote 1