The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - Chicago

With our Defensive depth looking better and better. I was looking at players we could possibly acquire via trade and wondered what people thought of Artemi Panarin.  With the Hawks still up against it and needing some D aswell. Would you do...

To Vancouver : Artemi Panarin

To Chicago :  Chris Tanev, 2017 1st.

If they wanted more it would be in the form of prospects or picks...we could add that Columbus 2nd or even add Gaunce. I think Chicago would love Gaunces work ethic. ...that gives them an established player a high pick and a solid prospect. We are going to have to pay to get that high end left winger and Panarin would be perfect.

I wouldn't be giving up Tanev and a 1st.

I wouldn't  trade for Panarin with Tanev in the package at all. 

IMO, just because Panarin has a good rookie season, (in his mid twenties, with Pat Kane as his linemate) does not mean he's "proven", not by a mile.

Spisa, Gaunce/Etem and a 1st.

Bowman hangs up the phone. I don't call back. 

If the Canucks prove they have an incredible defense that can actually afford to lose Tanev without going back to being terrible, I'd consider trading him.

Hilarious! 

Unproven rookie gets lucky and has a 3pt night in a preseason game and all of a sudden people think we can afford to ship out our best defenceman. 

Our overall defence has proven nothing yet.   We'll undoubtedly be better with Gud and the reality that it couldn't really be worse - but trading our most consistent,  reliable D at this point isn't advisable imo. 

Larsson,  Tryamkin,  Stecher,  Pedan,  ect are still too unproven to be shipping out Tanev. 

14 hours ago, Vanisleryan said:

With our Defensive depth looking better and better. I was looking at players we could possibly acquire via trade and wondered what people thought of Artemi Panarin.  With the Hawks still up against it and needing some D aswell. Would you do...

Switch Tanev For Edler in there and you might have something. Edler might waive to go to Chicago.

15 hours ago, Vanisleryan said:

I actually think the Hawks would love that deal....it's selling high. Problem is a smallish greedy Russian capitalizing on one good year isn't what Vancouver needs if they have to give a top pairing d-man and a first round pick.

Panarin still has this year to prove what he is worth.

2 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I actually think the Hawks would love that deal....it's selling high. Problem is a smallish greedy Russian capitalizing on one good year isn't what Vancouver needs if they have to give a top pairing d-man and a first round pick.

Panarin still has this year to prove what he is worth.

Personally I'd rather have Kucherov! but I'd take Panarin aswell:)

On 9/30/2016 at 6:11 PM, Vanisleryan said:

This proposal (not you) is really bad. Sorry to say it, but it is.  Tanev is a FAR BETTER player than this Panarin guy.  We don't want this Parnarin.  He's playing with Patrick Kane, or Jonathan Toews.  Plus, he's just too old for our next core.  If Tanev is traded, which I am in favor of, it should be for a YOUNG center, like: Sam Reinhart or Leon Draisatl.  Sorry, but NO to Parnarin.  He's just not that good,

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:11 PM, Vanisleryan said:

:lol:

"Hey Chicago, you know how Patrick Kane just had his best offensive season? Well, that was all him and not the fact that he was paired with an incredibly skilled line mate."

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:30 AM, billabong said:

Panarin is semin 2.0

I get it, because he's Russian, right?

Archived