The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Philip Larsen | #63 | D

-SN-

On 2017-02-08 at 8:46 PM, Crabcakes said:

What Larson isn't:  difficult to play against, hard on the puck, positionally sound, mentally tough

What Larson is:  a good puck mover, passer

Stecher is all they wanted Larsen to be and more.  He is better at the things that Larson is good at and he is also good at the things he isn't good at and more besides.

Larsen would be a guy who you would add to a team who was lacking depth and skill on the back end.  He is certainly an upgrade on Bartkowski but honestly, probably a lesser player than Weber.  So I'm not saying that he may not find a place in the NHL.  Weber found a place on a good team in Nashville.  But I would be surprised to see Larsen re-signed in Vancouver.

Larsen better than Bart? Hmm not sure thats true.

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

5th round pick becomes 4th round if Larsen maintain 0.3 points per game average with minimum of 42 games in the season. Right now he has average of 0.27 points per game. If Larsen plays every game until the end of the season including today's game against SJS, that would be exactly 42  games. If he misses just one game, that would mean 5th round draft pick to Edmonton.

Thank you!

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:46 PM, Crabcakes said:

What Larson isn't:  difficult to play against, hard on the puck, positionally sound, mentally tough

What Larson is:  a good puck mover, passer

Stecher is all they wanted Larsen to be and more.  He is better at the things that Larson is good at and he is also good at the things he isn't good at and more besides.

Larsen would be a guy who you would add to a team who was lacking depth and skill on the back end.  He is certainly an upgrade on Bartkowski but honestly, probably a lesser player than Weber.  So I'm not saying that he may not find a place in the NHL.  Weber found a place on a good team in Nashville.  But I would be surprised to see Larsen re-signed in Vancouver.

George-Costanza-What.gif

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

George-Costanza-What.gif

2 ideas in one sentence is a challenge even if they're related.  Lemme s'plain.

1. Larsen is good at some things.  Like pp and puck moving, passing, shooting, walking the line etc (so they say)......well Stecher is better than him at those things
  2. The things that Larsen isn't good at like defending, puck battles, never giving up etc......Stecher is good at that stuff too

B)

3 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

2 ideas in one sentence is a challenge even if they're related.  Lemme s'plain.

1. Larsen is good at some things.  Like pp and puck moving, passing, shooting, walking the line etc (so they say)......well Stecher is better than him at those things
  2. The things that Larsen isn't good at like defending, puck battles, never giving up etc......Stecher is good at that stuff too

B)

You had some 'splainin to do, and you did it well. 

And Stecher is a frickin gem. 

Rather see pedan, subban or mac making mistakes and learning for the future than a guy soon to be an unsigned ufa.

Larsen really doesn't offer anything hes not physical in any way, weak on the boards and in front of the net, he doesn't have a heavy shot, his passing is average on his best shift, he isn't fast and he isn't a effective PP quarterback. it doesn't matter who he's paired with they look awful when playing with him but ok or good with almost anyone else.

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Was just about to post the same... Currently Philip Larsen is the highest scoring defence man in the KHL...

He may not have panned out, but I think its fair to say it shows, why JB took a chance on him, being our playmaking defender...

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Philip Larsen | #63 | D
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

ok i think i have reached acceptance now

many current players who are or were canucks previously and presently

have proven to be able to excel to the highest levels

when playing elsewhere for some other team

that is clearly what happened this past hockey season

i cannot remember so many awards being achieved by near canuck players

Archived