The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team Tank VS Team Sweep Poll

Sean Avery

Team Tank VS Team Sweep Poll  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

53 minutes ago, AriGold said:

And why is that ? 

I'm a seasons ticket holder, paid $5008.25 for my season ticket and I'm all for team tank. I don't believe in the current product on the ice and another tank year can mean some positive things to me.

1. Willie D will likely be gone.

2. We gain 10.5M in contract space from the Burr and Miller departure.

3. We get another top 5 pick in a draft that has some great young hockey players including this guy who I think would be excellent with us. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=222125

4. Life after the Sedins is coming very soon and we need to stockpile these young kids for that day.

I think ownership needs to understand that there are a lot of loyal fans who are season ticket holders who just want to see good hard work and be entertained.  That the ultimate  goal is to win the cup, and they accept the fact there might be some bad seasons before the good. As long as the will to win and work ethic is there. A hard fought 3-2 loss is easier to take than just rolling over. Heck there's a lot of Canucks fans period who in the  end just want whats best for the team. The arguments are what's the best way to go about it. 

Too late to tank now.  There is no 'generational talent' worth tanking for.  I can actually see this team sucking enough on its own to win finally win a draft lottery this year only to draft the next Patrick Stefan.

#shouldofkepttortsforanotheryearandalienateeveryvettowaivethierntcsanddraftmcjesusandmatthewsbacktoback

Given our luck with the draft lottery and the quality of prospect in this years draft outside of top 3, I would say let's go for playoffs. I rather the young guys we currently have to get a taste of playoff and gain experience than sacrificing it for an unknown future prospect who might or might not turn out to be all that good.

6 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

Jared McCann is an impact player?  That's not setting the bar very high.

I'm on team tank all the way.

2016 Draft

1st  Overall - Auston Matthews

2nd Overall - Patrik Laine

2015 Draft

1st  Overall - Connor McDavid

2nd Overall - Jack Eichel

2014 Draft

1st  Overall - Aaron Ekblad

2nd Overall - Sam Bennett

I'll take some of those guys instead please.  

Though I'm team tank, I've accepted the fact Vancouver won't fully rebuild.  So I'm cheering them on to do well and then see what happens in the playoffs, hoping to not be a bubble team that just misses.  But long term I'm patiently waiting for an ownership/GM change and a proper rebuild to happen. 

Remember when we tanked last year and the lottery screwed us? Tanking is not viable when the top 3 spots are lottery.. 

What is the point of tanking for a 3rd or 4th overall pick.

Look at the Oil, they have McDavid and a roster full of top 5 picks and they are still garbage because they lack leadership and vets to insulate them.

Tanking is a myth, ppl always bring up the Pens/hawks they didn't TRY to tank they were actually THAT BAD, and didn't have financial support from the owner to get better therefore creating a decade of losing for both franchises...

I doubt even 40% of you would be a fan after 10 years without playoffs lmao...

the time to tank was in 2014-2016. (Ekblad Reinhart, Mcdavid Eichel, Matthews Laine). I'm no scout but from what I have hear this draft isn't as highly touted. Edmonton had 3 straight 1st OA (or something close) and ended up with players taht weren't the best in their draft year before landing McDavid. Tanking for Yakupov or RNH isn't going to solve our lack of elite forward talent.

3 hours ago, smokes said:

After the years of watching Linden play, I would lose all respect for him if he thought about tanking.

Have you heard any of his PSA's since he got hired? Dude says anything to promote the current agenda at the time.

Any respect he had should of been lost a while ago.

3 hours ago, smokes said:

After the years of watching Linden play, I would lose all respect for him if he thought about tanking.

Have you heard any of his PSA's since he got hired? Dude says anything to promote the current agenda at the time.

Any respect he had should of been lost a while ago.

3 hours ago, AriGold said:

And why is that ? 

I'm a seasons ticket holder, paid $5008.25 for my season ticket and I'm all for team tank. I don't believe in the current product on the ice and another tank year can mean some positive things to me.

1. Willie D will likely be gone.

2. We gain 10.5M in contract space from the Burr and Miller departure.

3. We get another top 5 pick in a draft that has some great young hockey players including this guy who I think would be excellent with us. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=222125

4. Life after the Sedins is coming very soon and we need to stockpile these young kids for that day.

I guess it's because as a lifelong Canucks fan, I can't imagine sitting down tonight and cheering for the Blues to score goals so that we can get a slightly better pick in 8 month's time..

I dont trust them Robots that run the lottery or Id be more accepting of a tank. Them damn Robots got Bettman tramp stamps all over them. We aint winning a lottery Toronto will again or edmonton ffs. Just end up with 6th or 7th.. 

I wanna see Bo and sutter and sedins and erickson hutton Virtanen Guddy Tanev EDLER! All have good season and if so this team could make it past the 1st round. Lots of ifs though. 

10 minutes ago, IbanezRG said:

Season sweep! Yeehaw.

An asteroid could hit us any day and we'll all be dead... what's the point of tanking for tommorow when it's not even a guarantee?? Always go for the win! 

Lol and if Hillary wins we all be dead anyways!! Nukes! So f#!* yeah buds go for the gold! 

I cannot imagine taking the time and effort to go to 41 games per year just to watch a stripped-down AHL-level team get their butts kicked playing garbage hockey for years on end, hoping that some day in the future things might turn around.  Not to mention paying $5000 for the "privilege".

Sorry, I don't buy it, and attendance numbers bear testimony that others don't either.  You ice the best team you can, and play to win.  That's the very definition of sports.

2 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Oh boy. Nolan Patrick is worth a number 1 overall pick. You'll see.

I have seen him play live. He is an amazing hockey player no doubt but nothing like what we have seen the last few drafts. 

25 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I cannot imagine taking the time and effort to go to 41 games per year just to watch a stripped-down AHL-level team get their butts kicked playing garbage hockey for years on end, hoping that some day in the future things might turn around.  Not to mention paying $5000 for the "privilege".

Sorry, I don't buy it, and attendance numbers bear testimony that others don't either.  You ice the best team you can, and play to win.  That's the very definition of sports.

Vancouver's attendance is horrific in comparison to when they had a contender. I'm not sure what your angle is here. 

Archived