The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gudbranson out indefinitely after wrist surgery

numb3r 16

Just now, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Trymakin kinda is probably our go to tough guy now.  We might need Pedan to reinforce for now.

Try is going to be a good player for us,but in no way do i see him as any type of enforcer..He's still too busy learning the NHL game...Take away Gudbranson and Dorsett,and there's not really a whole lot of sandpaper on this team...Get ready to see Hutton and Tanev getting rag dolled.....Its starting to look like last years roster all over again.

8 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

I want to see Subban damnit. Even if he sucks defensively.

Exactly, he got a goal tonight.  What is up with the nucks not taking a look at this guy and in the meantime we are playing biega.   The nucks need more from the back end I would without hesitation play Sub and Stech.  

As far as Gud unimpressed - too slow.  

53 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Try is going to be a good player for us,but in no way do i see him as any type of enforcer..He's still too busy learning the NHL game...Take away Gudbranson and Dorsett,and there's not really a whole lot of sandpaper on this team...Get ready to see Hutton and Tanev getting rag dolled.....Its starting to look like last years roster all over again.

Trymakin is not a fighter and will never be - he doesn't have to be because there are not many guys who can handle 267 pounds of power.   Pedan and Sbisa will fight almost anyone in the league - they are both tough.  If we need more weight we got Labate in the minors who just fought again tonight.  

5 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

Hope injuries aren't used as an excuse for something again

Not sure what you mean by that one.

More losses- likely

less toughness- maybe , unless Pedan steps up.

waiver pickup- JB doesn't seem to do that

trade-  ?  thats my wildcard and I hope it's no youngsters  or draft picks going the other way.

8 hours ago, Mattrek said:

I've had a feeling something wasn't right with Gudbranson. A wrist injury effects every aspect of a player's game and could explain the struggles he's had this year. I wonder when the injury happened. Gud look Guddy, wish you the best.

He left the lineup as soon as Tanev returned. it's pretty obvious he is playing with a wrist injury.

He is playing through injuries. 

We would any player play through injuries on this team right now?

11 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

He left the lineup as soon as Tanev returned. it's pretty obvious he is playing with a wrist injury.

The macho team guy thing I suppose, and most players really love playing hockey.

11 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Always said it must be something in the water....****puts tinfoil hat on****

Sure from injury prone guys like Salo - you aren't surprised whenever he got hurt; but the first major moves for Gillis was to acquire a couple veteran NHL defensemen who had a known "iron man type of history" (missed very few games).  Then Ballard & Hamhuis put the Canuck uniform on & it's like kryptonite....(both out for big chunks of the season in their first year as Canucks).

We all know what happened in 2011 - we just ran out bodies (and just to confuse everyone, Salo ended up being the only healthy D regular we had in the Finals (barring suspended Rome)

Yeah but we have also had some of the league ironman streaks on this team including Henrik's and TL's.  Sometimes bad luck is bad luck though surely the travel doesn't help.

10 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I just bought his hat too. I'm cursed.

Let's say that puts him out for 2-3 months, and he isn't great when he comes back. Do we expose him or Sbisa for the expansion draft?

I didn't expect to ever ask that, but Sbisa is looking like a capable top 4, while Gudbranson has struggled and is now looking at surgery. 

Can't expose him atm because he isn't under contract for next year.

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

If you were him in your first season with your new team accompanied with the accolades he came with, you wouldn't?

Just putting the record straight on Luca:

Tram isn't the team's leading +/-  ..... Sbisa is (at +5 ... Tram is +3) Sbisa has been leading almost from day 1.

After AE and Tanman went down with injuries our 1st pair PK defense was Guddy with Sbisa, followed by 30 secs of Hutton and Tram to spell them off. (And they did quite well, too, dragging up our pk from the depths)  Presumably  Sbisa and Tanev will be our new 1st pair until Edler returns.

Sbisa isn't  going to get exposed  .. he's become too valuable a piece of the puzzle. He is much improved this season over last ( as he was last season over the one before).  I'd actually see he and Guddy being our #2 pairing for a few years to come.

10 hours ago, Mattrek said:

I've had a feeling something wasn't right with Gudbranson. A wrist injury effects every aspect of a player's game and could explain the struggles he's had this year. I wonder when the injury happened. Gud look Guddy, wish you the best.

Agreed...personal story, tweeked my wrist catching a football, went to the doctor and he said this is a common sport injury tendon tears from the bone, which displaces the bone. I've been living with it for years now. Doc said the cure is worst then the symptom...can't afford to take time off to recover from the surgery. 

This type of injury never heals.

10 hours ago, Toews said:

Boeser was on fire till he injured his wrist then really didn't even seem close to the player he is. It is indeed a very debilitating injury to a hockey player.

Pretty sure Boeser was injured the whole time and it just kept getting worse.

Makes you wonder how good he really is when he's 100% healthy.

23 minutes ago, riffraff said:

If you were him in your first season with your new team accompanied with the accolades he came with, you wouldn't?

No because I suck without a sore wrist and at least I had an excuse to get some more money. 

Archived