The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Teams Inquiring About F Alex Burrows

hiebskey

Isn't it obvious?  Chicago wants the Dragon Slayer on their team this time.

Edit:  Realistically, we could probably get a 2nd rounder for him.  He's having a good year, and is a clutch scorer in the playoffs.  A 2nd round pick from a contender is basically a late 2nd round pick anyways, which is fair value.

He's actually exactly #50 amongst RWs this season (according to NHL.com stats).  Players around him in point production as a RW this season include Bobby Ryan and Joel Ward ;)

I'd be happy if we got a 2nd for Burrows, might only get a 3rd though. I think he will easily waive his NTC. Gives him a chance to show he can still play and try to get a contract next year. 

I think he'll sign a 1 year contract next season with another team. He's not ready to retire and Canucks won't re sign him. 

JB already said he won't ask guys to waive.  This puts the player in a position of having to ask.  Do any of us really believe Burrows would jump ship on his teammates?  He's a stand up guy, and I just don't see him doing that.  JB should retract that stupid comment he made about not asking NTCs to waive.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

JB already said he won't ask guys to waive.  This puts the player in a position of having to ask.  Do any of us really believe Burrows would jump ship on his teammates?  He's a stand up guy, and I just don't see him doing that.  JB should retract that stupid comment he made about not asking NTCs to waive.  

He's also said that if an offer comes along that makes sense, they'll pursue it.

Archived