The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Teams Inquiring About F Alex Burrows

hiebskey

4 hours ago, Provost said:

I think there is no question that Burrows would and should be traded to Montreal.

He reveres the team, last time he said he would "pay to play on that ice".

Montreal gets a giritty warrior who has been deep in the dance before and as virtually the only francophone on the team would be a fan darling pretty quick because expectations would be low.

it would give me a team to cheer for in the playoffs.

2nd or 3rd rounder (more likely) is fair... the higher end if you are willing to eat half the salary to make it easier for Montreal to fit him and other adds in

That doesn't close the door on us signing him to a cheaper contract next year.

Man, that would be tough, being forced to cheer for the Habs(!).  Sure he may be hated around the league, but he's the epitome of a playoff performer and go-to-the-wall teammate and would be a great fit there.  Hab's second is going to be well into the 50s, and we'd have to retain on top of that so not sure what kind of value would come back, perhaps more likely a prospect.  We could probably absorb a bad contract but Benning hasn't been keen on that in the past.

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

DAMN!

NO BOURBON!

(It's a summer flavour anyhow)

Laphroig quarter cask it is!

Been alternating between Woodford Reserve and Eagle Rare Old Fashioneds tonight. Killer drink. Hardest part is finding a good orange this time of year. Cara Cara oranges will be up from New Zealand/Australia soon and they have killer zest.

5 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Been alternating between Woodford Reserve and Eagle Rare Old Fashioneds tonight. Killer drink. Hardest part is finding a good orange this time of year. Cara Cara oranges will be up from New Zealand/Australia soon and they have killer zest.

New game:

is it Aussie or Kiwi?

cara cara.

hmmmm I'm actually going with oz.

I wouldn't trade him, im pro tank but I dont think this would be a good trade for the club. The intangible value he brings to the team, the motivation, the spark, the energy... Losing him would hurt our team chemistry and attitude. Not worth the 3rd round pick he could fetch. 

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

New game:

is it Aussie or Kiwi?

cara cara.

Neither actually. It's a combo of American and Brazillian naval oranges, and I might be off on their arrival from the southern hemisphere. Thought I saw them up here every new year-ish for a few months.

55 minutes ago, riffraff said:

New game:

is it Aussie or Kiwi?

cara cara.

Yea mate, Caracara, fricken bogans galore! (Written with aussie accent)

49 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Neither actually. It's a combo of American and Brazillian naval oranges, and I might be off on their arrival from the southern hemisphere. Thought I saw them up here every new year-ish for a few months.

You're a real hoot aren't ya, mate. Eh. Chazwazzer! (accent cont.)

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

There is a lot more to coaching than having last change. Coaches employ all sorts of tricks to get the right players on the ice at the right time. Not just rolling 4 lines and standing behind the bench. It's a well known fact mgmt had to get involved and talk to WD about this in the past. 

And I don't know where you got the 'SOLELY" responsible for the poor record. But the huge discrepancy between the road record and home record does tell me coaching has something to do with it. 

Our margin for error for wins vs losses as an, at best, mediocre team, is tiny

Last changes on the road is important enough they could easily effect road games and our win/loss record.

2 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

You know the games just get harder and rougher as the season goes along. Unless Willie can work out a better road plan this team can't make it, not without a sh!tload of lucky bounces. 

Sorry, were you actually expecting a long playoff run...?

2 minutes ago, smokes said:

If the stars aligned, I would love to see Burrows as a Ranger. His best years were under AV.

He did, but seeing him in that jersey would annoy me incessantly as I've despised the Rangers for as long as I can remember.

12 minutes ago, luckylager said:

You're a real hoot aren't ya, mate. Eh. Chazwazzer! (accent cont.)

I'm a hoot in the lift, the lorry in the bon whizzer, and the Malonga Gilderchuck!

tumblr_m26aesW4CY1qh59n0o1_250.gif

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

He did, but seeing him in that jersey would annoy me incessantly as I've despised the Rangers for as long as I can remember.

tumblr_m26aesW4CY1qh59n0o1_250.gif

94 still eating you? I didn't like them for a while but that was just during the Keenan days, then Naslund finished his career there, and now AV coaches there. AV made for many terrific memories so Rangers aren't too bad for me. I hate the Bruins and the Leafs much more.

6 minutes ago, smokes said:

94 still eating you? I didn't like them for a while but that was just during the Keenan days, then Naslund finished his career there, and now AV coaches there. AV made for many terrific memories so Rangers aren't too bad for me. I hate the Bruins and the Leafs much more.

You nailed it, plus Messier and Keenan coming here after the fact. Doesn't matter that Linden left and it all worked out with that trade and so on, that whole multi-year scenario left a residual taste distaste in my mouth. I don't dislike AV, but that Rangers jersey rubs me the wrong way, and always has. I hated it when Gretzky went there too. I've invested in a petty and long term grudge here.

The only things that bother me about TO are Kadri and the media, and while Boston pissed me off in 2011 it's over and done with in my mind. 

Wherever he ends up, if it isn't here that is, I'll be pulling for him. 

7 hours ago, hiebskey said:

I got a bleacher report notification saying that teams are calling the canucks to see if Burrows is available.  

Report: Teams Starting to Ask About Alex Burrows (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/2ipaDtt

Soooo... the first link returns an error and the second goes to an Edmonton Sun article on Adam Larsson.

This is why you post an excerpt of the article rather than just a link.

And as usual, some random speculation turns into a bunch of pages of trade proposals.

Over the many years of being a Canucks fan I'll be honest I haven't been the biggest Burrows fan. Up until this season I've realized how big of a part he has been to this team and how important a figure he has been to the franchise. In the end I'll end up missing the guy and I want nothing but the best for him for what he has done here and where he started in his career. I don't mind trading him this season for some assets but he better retire a Canuck and he will forever go down as a guy who bled blue and wore his heart on his sleeve night in and night out. 

Archived