The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ArmChairing] Canucks Sellers/ total rebuild

With the Canucks falling apart with injuries, aging/slowing Vets and even Mumps its pretty obvious now that the Canucks aren't going to make the playoffs and need to sell/rebuild. Therefore this deadline the Canucks should trade Hansen, Burrows, Miller and Sbisa. During the offseason the Canucks should also move Edler. Those 5 should be traded before next season. Could see signing Miller as UFA in summer. 

Proposals (retain salary/ take salary as need be)

Hansen---->Minnesota for prospect(Greenway) and 5th 2018

Burrows--->Montreal for 3rd 2017

Miller------>LA or Anaheim for 1st 2017 or 2nd 2017+4th2018

Sbisa------>Pittsburgh or Boston for prospect

Edler------>Montreal for 2018 1st

Dorsett--->anyone for bag of pucks.

Hutton(Love the guy but...)+Columbus 2nd 2017--->Colorado Landeskog

Next years deadline

Sedins---->contender and give them the chance they deserve to win a cup. Even if we don't get as much value back as we would want. Then sign them back on 1year deals that summer.

(trade UFAs Sbisa/Hansen if not already traded.)

Move out the old and bring in the new. 

Next years lineup will be young but new and fast.

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Landeskog-Granlund-Eriksson

Sedins-Sutter

Labate-Gaunce-Chaput

Rodin/Boucher

Juolevi-Tavev

Tryamkin-Stetcher

(McEneny,Subban,Pedan,collegekid)-Gudbranson 

Markstrom

UFA (Miller?)

Canucks would be a much younger, fast team with more depth in the pipeline. Gaudette, Demko, Lockwood, Brisebois to name some. Plus players acquired in trades.

Let me know what you think and if I should tell Benning that this is the plan ;)

The only trade that happens in that group is possibly the Burrows to Montreal for a 3rd.  All  the other trades don't happen as the other GMs say no...very quickly. (well, Sbisa could get traded but I don't see to Boston or Pittsburgh)

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do we really want to give up a 22 year old top four dman, with elite offence potential, for a guy like Landeskog, who has concussion issues, and is trending downward?

I know I am repeating myself over and over again but JP, IMO has the potential to excel and he would be worth trading two potential top 4 dmen. There just isn't any others out there with the potential to fill what the Sedins can do, game after game. He is only one of three needed.

horvat 

tryamkin

stecher

are the only Canucks REGULARS that shouldn't/ wouldn't be available.

picks and top prospects would also be unavaible or extremely expensive.

Doesn't mean trade the team just saying that for the right return the list of untouchables for a team in Vancouvers  position should be very short. 

13 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Heard that LA wants an experienced Vet backup so wouldn't be surprised. Honestly don't know what his value is but it has to be pretty high for a guy that can be a number one guy if needed

How exactly is Budaj NOT and experienced vet  backup? 

15 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Heard that LA wants an experienced Vet backup so wouldn't be surprised. Honestly don't know what his value is but it has to be pretty high for a guy that can be a number one guy if needed

A 2nd maybe and we would have to take their back in return

Just now, qwijibo said:

How exactly is Budaj NOT and experienced vet  backup? 

Let me rephrase that for you, a capable good quality veteran goalie.   millers played twice as many games, wins more consistently then budaj and has an overall better sv%.

If Quick goes down again with injury to his groin again (quite possible) who would you rather have in net for the playoffs, Budaj or Miller? LA is aging and this may be their last chance to contend. Would not be surprised at all to see Miller go there.

6 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Let me rephrase that for you, a capable good quality veteran goalie.   millers played twice as many games, wins more consistently then budaj and has an overall better sv%.

If Quick goes down again with injury to his groin again (quite possible) who would you rather have in net for the playoffs, Budaj or Miller? LA is aging and this may be their last chance to contend. Would not be surprised at all to see Miller go there.

In L.A's case. I take Budaj. He's carried them through the season and they know what they have in him.  The last time Miller was traded at the deadline was an unmitigated disaster. He was awful in St Louis. Not saying that would be the case in LA. But they already know they have a guy that can carry the mail in a Budaj 

Archived