The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

I really like our line up better with Gaudette and Big Mac

THAT FIGHT THOUGH! 

Where do we find roster spots.. Schaller for sure, put Baers on LITR til next year? Hopefully get a draft pic for Sutter

Also--maybe retain $$ on Eriksson and trade him as a 4th line checker Depth forward for a playoff team.

11 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Holy crap!  Big Mac is a serious face puncher.  He throws bombs with both hands.  I’m bettering he does boxing.  This guy MUST stay on our team.  I’d put him with Petey right friggin’ now.  He’s our Semenko.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

MacEwen got some solid shots in there. With Spooner coming he likely expects to return to Utica and wanted to leave an impression with Green. He has shown very well but I prefer he is playing big TOI in Utica not riding the bench in Vancouver. He will be back next year and will likely stay. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

MacEwen got some solid shots in there. With Spooner coming he likely expects to return to Utica and wanted to leave an impression with Green. He has shown very well but I prefer he is playing big TOI in Utica not riding the bench in Vancouver. He will be back next year and will likely stay. 

If we are in a playoff push in March...I think they bring him back up...they may not even send him down if we still have Jake, Sutter and Baer still out.

Next year he is a full time player!

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Holy crap!  Big Mac is a serious face puncher.  He throws bombs with both hands.  I’m bettering he does boxing.  This guy MUST stay on our team.  I’d put him with Petey right friggin’ now.  He’s our Semenko.  

Goodrow is basically their heavyweight.  And Big Mac laid a smacking on him.  Welcome to the NHL Big Mac, as Bruce Buffer would say, IT'S TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

If we are in a playoff push in March...I think they bring him back up...they may not even send him down if we still have Jake, Sutter and Baer still out.

Next year he is a full time player!

Didn't Green say yesterday that Jake would be ready to go by Thursday? There was a report that he broke ribs but it didn't look that way when he left the ice. 

On 2/12/2019 at 1:26 PM, RetroCanuck said:

Agreed, move on from Schaller and Granlund and switch Sutter to the wing. MacEwen and Gaudette both deserve spots on this team.

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

Goldy-Horvat-MacEwen

Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Sutter

Motte

We need to allocate money to the top lines, not have $14 million in cap space tied up to the 4th line.  We need a couple solid additions to play with Horvat, that's where the money needs to be spent.  Eriksson and Sutter hopefully can find a new home in the summer.  

Huberdeau   Horvat         Stone

Leivo            Pettersson   Boeser

Roussel       Gaudette      Virtanen

Motte           Beagle          MacEwen

Spooner

Twi high scoring lines where most of the cap space is allocated and then two grinding in your face lines.  We need to cut the cheque to get Stone at all costs, he would be a perfect winger for Horvat and would play on our first power play unit.  Huberdeau is apparently available for the right price and can be that speedy winger to complement BO and Stone.

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We need to allocate money to the top lines, not have $14 million in cap space tied up to the 4th line.  We need a couple solid additions to play with Horvat, that's where the money needs to be spent.  Eriksson and Sutter hopefully can find a new home in the summer.  

Spooner

Twi high scoring lines where most of the cap space is allocated and then two grinding in your face lines.  We need to cut the cheque to get Stone at all costs, he would be a perfect winger for Horvat and would play on our first power play unit.  Huberdeau is apparently available for the right price and can be that speedy winger to complement BO and Stone.

As nice as your first line is how would we get Huberdeau? 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Juolevi, a prospect and a pick...

No thanks...but how did we get Stone...? 

Stone is worth more, but for us I am not so sure we need either more than Joulevi and a prospect and a pick...

We need 2-3 high end D to come on board and we just might have all 3 as it sits....Hughes and Joulevi will both make the team, probably out of training camp and Woo will only need one more year of junior before he becomes our best D. prospect in Utica and gets some call up time.

MacEwen and Gaudette and maybe Dahlen will provide enough to offset not getting Huberdeau and we are never going to get Stone anyway, he will stay put or go to a contender for multiple picks and prospects.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Spooner

haha thats a good dream but very unrealistic. Eriksson is untradeable and Sutter may be tradeable but not for a lot and he may serve us better on the wing of a defensive line as C depth then the 3rd we might get for him. 

Huberdeau would be a great add but we don't have the pieces to acquire him at this stage in the rebuild. Not opposed to trying to sign Stone but need to be careful going forward with how much of our cap we tie up in UFA signings.

Canucks need to build from within by drafting and developing. Having an expensive 4th line doesn't really matter if they're shutting down other teams top lines while the team as a whole is below the cap limit.

Keep Sutter on the wing next season as some C depth and then trade him next deadline when he only has another year on his contract. Convince Seattle to take Eriksson due to his high cap low salary and boom! That expensive 4th line your complaining about disappears within 2 years.

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

No thanks...but how did we get Stone...? 

Stone is worth more, but for us I am not so sure we need either more than Joulevi and a prospect and a pick...

We need 2-3 high end D to come on board and we just might have all 3 as it sits....Hughes and Joulevi will both make the team, probably out of training camp and Woo will only need one more year of junior before he becomes our best D. prospect in Utica and gets some call up time.

MacEwen and Gaudette and maybe Dahlen will provide enough to offset not getting Huberdeau and we are never going to get Stone anyway, he will stay put or go to a contender for multiple picks and prospects.

Stone will be a UFA.  We can sign him for free.  Not saying he would come to Vancouver but not a lot of contenders are going to have the cap space to sign him long term.  

Juolevi had major knee surgery this year, he's not going to make the club out of training camp.  If we re-sign Edler to a 3-4 year deal then we would have Edler, Hutton and Hughes on the left side.  No room for Juolevi.  If Tanev sticks around as well as Stecher and Woo comes into the fold with the possibility of Tryamkin coming back in a year then there is no room for Juolevi on the right side either.

I have no problem waiting for Juolevi to develop and he could very well be a good top 4 Dman one day, but we need help up front, we need legit top 6 wingers who can play with BO.  We don't have any right now on the roster.  So that is why I propose Huberdeau and Stone, to speed up the rebuild.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Spooner

that's an attractive forward group to be sure.. not certain we could make the math work but looks great

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Stone will be a UFA.  We can sign him for free.  Not saying he would come to Vancouver but not a lot of contenders are going to have the cap space to sign him long term.  

Juolevi had major knee surgery this year, he's not going to make the club out of training camp.  If we re-sign Edler to a 3-4 year deal then we would have Edler, Hutton and Hughes on the left side.  No room for Juolevi.  If Tanev sticks around as well as Stecher and Woo comes into the fold with the possibility of Tryamkin coming back in a year then there is no room for Juolevi on the right side either.

I have no problem waiting for Juolevi to develop and he could very well be a good top 4 Dman one day, but we need help up front, we need legit top 6 wingers who can play with BO.  We don't have any right now on the roster.  So that is why I propose Huberdeau and Stone, to speed up the rebuild.  

We might see Joulevi by X-Mass. No guarantee Hughes doesn't spend some time in Utica. 

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

He is a better player than that Alf..   that’s why they signed him, for his skating, game sense and soft hands..  he doesn’t need to break those.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

We might see Joulevi by X-Mass. No guarantee Hughes doesn't spend some time in Utica. 

I agree OJ is here be Christmas 2019.  I doubt Hughes sees any time in Utica.  

How do you think Brisebois has done in his two games.  He looked big to me.  I didn’t realize he was so big bodied.  

Just now, SilentSam said:

He is a better player than that Alf..   that’s why they signed him, for his skating, game sense and soft hands..  he doesn’t need to break those.

Oh I agree.  He could be a guy who plays with Pettersson 5 on 5, just to keep the game honest.  I had no idea he could fight like that.  He could be a nuclear deterrent, that rarely fights, much like Guddy.  Having two destroyers in the lineup every game would be awesome.  

On 3/3/2017 at 4:22 PM, guntrix said:

I'm all for taking shots on new kids but the Canucks are really reaching with this guy. 

20 year old, 6'4" with only 62 points in 59 games in his third year in the Q is very dire. I'll consider it a success if he makes the AHL. 

... who loves you.?    any body.  ??       :sadno:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1