The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

On 9/11/2017 at 10:49 AM, Boudrias said:

I am expecting an improved game from Gaunce this year. He has the ability to alter his game for better performance. My fear is another Shawn Matthias. 

Gaunce looks to have a much better all-round game.  While not a bruiser he's more physical, will battle, and can also make plays.  Matthias was pretty much just a perimeter player and a shooter who could skate fast.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Gaunce looks to have a much better all-round game.  While not a bruiser he's more physical, will battle, and can also make plays.  Matthias was pretty much just a perimeter player and a shooter who could skate fast.

Ya but let's keep in mind matthias was capable of producing at the nhl level. Not counting out Gaunce, but let's be patient with our words haha. 

Edit: He didn't produce much but he played a decent career. 

Edited by cyoung

• 1 month later...

MacEwan is definitely a future NHL'er. I've said it many times before, 6'4 220lbs and is tremendously fast. Not a lot of guys that big and can skate like the wind* 

Screams a poor-man's Jeff Carter.

If he didn't start playing junior late, I think he would have been drafted. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Odd. said:

MacEwan is definitely a future NHL'er. I've said it many times before, 6'4 220lbs and is tremendously fast. Not a lot of guys that big and can skate like the wing. 

I completely agree.

When seeing MacEwan I was actually a bit shocked to see how well he skates, his vision using his linemates very well and his mobility and ability to stickhandle past checkers.

After watching MacEwan and Chatfield I told my brother these 2 lesser known guys will impress at camp and will be solid players on the big team soon.

Guys like MacEwan, Gaudette, Guance and Virtanen will be the rocks that play heavy heavy games that give EP,  Boeser, Dahlen and Horvats the room they'll need to do big things and they'll also have a tonne of success because of that great mix of power, size and elite skill.

I think there's also a chance Kane will be in a Canucks uniform in the not so distant future.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, The Big Luongo said:

I completely agree.

When seeing MacEwan I was actually a bit shocked to see how well he skates, his vision using his linemates very well and his mobility and ability to stickhandle past checkers.

After watching MacEwan and Chatfield I told my brother these 2 lesser known guys will impress at camp and will be solid players on the big team soon.

Guys like MacEwan, Gaudette, Guance and Virtanen will be the rocks that play heavy heavy games that give EP,  Boeser, Dahlen and Horvats the room they'll need to do big things and they'll also have a tonne of success because of that great mix of power, size and elite skill.

I think there's also a chance Kane will be in a Canucks uniform in the not so distant future.

If MacEwan hadn't been injured for camp I think he would've at least got in a game or two in pre-season. He was injured since in his 2nd young stars tourney game I believe.

On 10/29/2017 at 11:04 PM, The Big Luongo said:

I completely agree.

Well said and I wholly agree. Kane...I don't know. However, if he was acquired/signed, I'd be okay with it because I trust Benning.

On 10/29/2017 at 4:25 PM, Odd. said:

MacEwan is definitely a future NHL'er. I've said it many times before, 6'4 220lbs and is tremendously fast. Not a lot of guys that big and can skate like the wind* 

•  
  •  
Posted July 30 (edited)
  On 7/28/2017 at 2:32 PM, Glory_Days said:

http://www.dobberprospects.com/july-31-in-31-vancouver-canucks/

Thought it was interesting that Dobber has done a top 20 Canuck prospect depth chart and how similar, for most part, it is to our own ongoing list of rating our prospects.

1. Brock Boeser (same) - 1st
  2. Elias Pettersson (same) - 2nd
  3. Jonathan Dahlen (+2) - 5th
  4. Thatcher Demko (-1) - 4th
  5. Nikolay Goldobin (-2) - 7th
  6. Adam Gaudette (+3) - 6th
  7. Kole Lind (-1) - 9th
  8. Olli Juolevi (same) - 3rd (Wtf?)
  9. Petrus Palmu (+1) ---
  10. Jake Virtanen (+1) - 8th
  11. Jordan Subban - Looks like 13th/14th
  12. William Lockwood - 12th
  13. Jonah Gadjovich - 11th
  14. Michael DiPietro - Looks like 13th/14th
  15. Dmitry Zhukenov ---
  16. Guillaume Brisebois - 10th
  17. Nikita Tryamkin ---
  18. Jack Rathbone ---
  19. Jalen Chatfield ---
  20. Michael Carcone ---

The only name is severely disagree with on this list is Juolevi is far too low, no idea how Lind/Gaudette/Goldobin are ahead of him.

Would also take Tyramkin out (Is he even a prospect anymore?) Chatfield and Carcone and replace with Gunnarson, McEneny and one of Cassels or Pedan.

I see it a little more like this:

1. Boeser

2. Petterson (#1 potential)

3. Tryamkin (if he's on the list than this is where he belongs)

4. Juolevi

5. Demko

6. Gaudette

7. Dahlen

8. Goldobin

9. Virtanen

10. Lind

11. Gadjovich

12. Brisboids

13. Lockwood

14. Dipietro

15. Macewan (my dark horse pick)

On 2017-11-09 at 12:53 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Future Canucks #4C. Big and fast.

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Dahlen - Pettersson - Lind

Gaunce - Gaudette - Virtanen

Gadjovich - MacEwen - Lockwood

I believe Goldobin and Granlund will eventually be traded.

I agree with MacEwen being our future 4th line center, I think Gadjovich will be in Gaunce's spot and Laplante will be on a 4th line spot as well.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:53 PM, NUCKER67 said:

That's a helluva a lineup. Switch Gaunce with Goldobin and that's looking Willie good.

On 09/11/2017 at 12:53 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Granlund and Gaunce are just a year apart.  We'll see after this season, but for now...Granny is a far better player.

• 2 weeks later...