The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

I thought it was a pretty good game. Bo gets the A and responds in a big way. Goldy gets a goal. Sven played a solid game. Eriksson seems to fit with them. Miller with some great saves.

It was almost a backwards game except for shots. We're usually the ones trying to come back and falling short.

Can't argue with most others are saying about benching the kid who just scored and etc.

I will say: Fantastic game by Chris Tanev. 1P, +2, 6 shot blocks. Triple every single other skater in the game. He was throwing himself in front of every shot he saw.

How can anyone defend Willie benching Goldobin and only playing him 1 more shift after his second period goal? It's not like we're competing for the playoffs, and benching anybody for that long is just unacceptable. How do you bench someone who's scored a goal for your team. How's Goldobin going to earn his ice-time when the coach is benching players for scoring goals. 

6 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Hey bro, Megna was having a career night, he had to ride the hot hand.   Can't blame him for that.  Maybe Goldy will play better and earn some more ice time.  Willie made it loud and clear ice time is earned on this team, not given.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Hey bro, Megna was having a career night, he had to ride the hot hand.   Can't blame him for that.  Maybe Goldy will play better and earn some more ice time.  Willie made it loud and clear ice time is earned on this team, not given.

Exactly! He sends the same message. Made Tryamkin earn it in the gym. 

1 minute ago, Moonshinefe said:

Can't argue with most others are saying about benching the kid who just scored and etc.

I will say: Fantastic game by Chris Tanev. 1P, +2, 6 shot blocks. Triple every single other skater in the game. He was throwing himself in front of every shot he saw.

Tanev; glad we didn't trade him!!!

Angriest winning GDT I've seen in awhile. 

Love sticking a dagger into the Kings' playoff chances.

Great debut for Goldobin - flashing that skill. 

Bo, Baer and Louie looking like a line that can do some damage moving forwards.

Lots to like if you can get over Goldy's ice time, which I'm sure he'll be earning more and more of as he continues. 

Man, I never complain about things I can't really control, but I really don't understand Willie's thought processes. Boucher gets a chance to show what he can do, and does a fine job. Next game, crickets. Goldobin scores the kind of goal we have rarely seen since Bure left and he plays 23 seconds in the final 27:00 of the game. I've always contended that Willie is just a placeholder for the next coach. That time has come. His stupid mind games and control freak behaviour is out of touch with what Benning and his staff are trying to accomplish. He is not the droid we are looking for.

1 minute ago, 10minMisconduct said:

Absolutely the worst coaching ever.  Let's bench goldobin after he scores a beauty and play defensive. Let's use the slow podding sedins, chaput to defend all night instead of playing offense.  Time to fire wd

For real , I hope they arent as slow with willie as they were with starting the rebuild. 

Archived