The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Willie Desjardins

-Vintage Canuck-

I was one of the Willie supporters most of the year but I started to change my tune a month or 2 ago. This is the right move. We can't risk having him come in next year with continued loyalty to the Sedins, Edler, Megna etc.

Travis Green has to be the guy!!

4 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

Oh man, I guess it had to happen considering the season we just had. But imo Willie did a great job with our kids and will find another NHL job soon.

Will wait to hear the rationale from management, but a questionable move IMO.

The one benefit for now -- it will finally shut up the incessant moaning, groaning, and whinging of the reactionary element of this fanbase.

Just now, WiseOne said:

People seem so convinced this is the right move.  I hope Benning and Linden thought long and hard about this.  Coach is always an easy scapegoat.

This was probably the easiest and most obvious move anyone could have made. 

His deployment of Megna alone was worthy of firing.

5 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

when i saw tallon announcement....i was thinking i wonder how quick the canucks will come out with their decision...this was real quick...glad we dont have to wait.

wait, what's up with tallon? is he coming here? i just saw this willie thread. nvm. tallon reinstated as florida gm.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

The one benefit for now -- it will finally shut up the incessant moaning, groaning, and whinging of the reactionary element of this fanbase.

*for about 1 day :lol:

5 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

Oh man, I guess it had to happen considering the season we just had. But imo Willie did a great job with our kids and will find another NHL job soon.

friedman said on HNIC a few weeks back a number of teams have stated they would be looking at him for a role if the Nucks let him go.

Teams are aware of what he had to work with and that he's not an awful coach - he will find a spot and he did do a great job with the young kids. Feel for him but understand the issues here as well. Good that it was done quickly because it gives him the best odds of landing somewhere too vs waiting 20 games then saying meh better switch.

In reality, if the nucks didn't see him as the coach to take them to the next level, it makes sense to bring that guy in now, and not just kick the can down the road another year

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

No it won't, people are just going to shift blame towards management. That's how it works.

Archived