The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Global War Fast Approaching?

Nuxfanabroad

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎29 at 0:20 AM, crazycry said:

And to also brainwash their citizens who all thinks US is the real devil. 

Unlike the States where the citizens are brainwashed to think North Korea, Iran and Russia are the real devils.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, gurn said:

the list of imaginary enemies is always longer than the list of real enemies. People in fear are easy to steer.

Absolutely.. I was just pointing out that every 5 or 10 years there seems to be a different grave threat to the U.S.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, nucklehead said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/dad-s-chocolate-chip-cookies-discontinued-1.4091364

Does it really matter? Dad's has discontinued their chocolate chip cookies. I've painted a target on my ass and going sunbathing on the lawn.

Those were my favourite cookies as a kid, had them in my lunch almost everyday. Haven't had them in years. 

Since WWII there's been a constant threat of global war, do not see it happening yet, but if one bomb goes off and it's on.

On 4/30/2017 at 7:59 AM, gurn said:

Unlike the States where the citizens are brainwashed to think North Korea, Iran and Russia are the real devils.

The USA isn't perfect, but those governments are pretty bad. We see a fraction of what they actually do in the media. 

• 1 month later...

Is it SHTF time?

Saudi's(& some followers) try to strong-arm Qatar. Ultimatum of 10 conditions laid out. Alleged connections with Iran, suspected impetus. Or resource dispute? All this just two wks after Trumpy visits to sign controversial arms deal.

Things heating up again in Syria. Heard tonite, Russia(Lavrov) openly questioning US actions & motives.

Recent wks have seen terror attacks in global regions far-flung, around the globe: London, Phillipines, Afghanistan, Egypt, etc...

Tonite also hear Iran has been attacked by(you guessed it)..ISIS. Suicide bomber at Tehran Parliament.

These are 'interesting' times.

I saw a documentary called The Collapse, where it was basically an interview with an ex-CIA agent.  His whole thing is that peak oil has already happened and the next big war will happen over oil.  

I'd say the next big trigger for conflict could be refugees/migrants.  As global warming makes places in the middle east, Africa and Central/South America less inhabitable, it will put tremendous stresses on Europe and USA.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

I saw a documentary called The Collapse, where it was basically an interview with an ex-CIA agent.  His whole thing is that peak oil has already happened and the next big war will happen over oil.  

I'd say the next big trigger for conflict could be refugees/migrants.  As global warming makes places in the middle east, Africa and Central/South America less inhabitable, it will put tremendous stresses on Europe and USA.  

It seems oil from fracking has broadened that peak, but one wonders how much sharper the decline in oil production will be when the easy fracking plays have been used up.  I agree that the refugee/migrant from less-hospital places will stress Europe and USA and conflicts will arise from this.  The optimist in me thinks that we won't see a truly global conflict arise from these issues (at least in a 5-10 year time scale) as the main powers won't be pitted directly against each other.

War has been used as a means to generate money for a long time. A global war might kill too many consumers. That would be bad for business.

I heard a rumour that Yemen has hidden caches of wippons of mass distrukshin.

4 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Is it SHTF time?

Saudi's(& some followers) try to strong-arm Qatar. Ultimatum of 10 conditions laid out. Alleged connections with Iran, suspected impetus. Or resource dispute? All this just two wks after Trumpy visits to sign controversial arms deal.

Things heating up again in Syria. Heard tonite, Russia(Lavrov) openly questioning US actions & motives.

Recent wks have seen terror attacks in global regions far-flung, around the globe: London, Phillipines, Afghanistan, Egypt, etc...

Tonite also hear Iran has been attacked by(you guessed it)..ISIS. Suicide bomber at Tehran Parliament.

These are 'interesting' times.

Does the US and the Saudi have a defense treaty or just an arms agreement?

Isn't there also like 10-30k US troops (not including other international military units) stations in Qatar (or was it Bahrain?)

The last thing the US wants would be being drawn in into a war with Iran (risk/benefit is minimal).

People should read up on the history of middle east if they think that what's going on now is a big deal. Diplomatic riffs and even wars are quite common between members of the Arab League. 

The only imminent crisis I'd be worried about as a Canadian is the fallout from our current housing crisis. 

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, nucklehead said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/dad-s-chocolate-chip-cookies-discontinued-1.4091364

Does it really matter? Dad's has discontinued their chocolate chip cookies. I've painted a target on my ass and going sunbathing on the lawn.

Well it's on now!!

*Launches Nuclear Missle

2 hours ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Only a handful of people in this world want war. They are all self-serving sociopaths.  

War. What is good for? Nothing*.

*except to those who seek to profit from others death and misery.  

In the event that war, on the international level, did occur, who would benefit or profit from a nuclear winter, or end of humanity?