The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is It Time For A New Identity?

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

By "identity" I thought you were referring to our lack of balls, not the jersey.

Yes we need a new identity. A much tougher, more aggressive, harder to play against, less passive, stick up for your teammates kind of identity. Just remove "Vancouver" from the jersey and it would be even more awesome.

ya and put nicknames on the back, like Hammer, Cement Head, Bugsy, Mad Dog, Tiger, Killer, Moose, Dr Hook, Ogie etc

5 minutes ago, lmm said:

ya and put nicknames on the back, like Hammer, Cement Head, Bugsy, Mad Dog, Tiger, Killer, Moose, Dr Hook, Ogie etc

Haha, not sure the league would see the humour in it. But it would be great if we had a few players that could earn nicknames like Mad Dog and Killer... I was thinking more "Instigator" and "Retaliation"... we're gonna be pretty bad again, so may as well go down fighting.

6 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Haha, not sure the league would see the humour in it. But it would be great if we had a few players that could earn nicknames like Mad Dog and Killer... I was thinking more "Instigator" and "Retaliation"... we're gonna be pretty bad again, so may as well go down fighting.

We have a couple of "Behind the Play Hookers" and maybe an "Alex the Interferer" or two.  That's about as intimidating as we've been for the last half-decade.

Maybe if someone wakes up on the wrong side of the bed one day he can be anointed "The Tripper" or "The Halfhearted Charger."

5 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

We have a couple of "Behind the Play Hookers" and maybe an "Alex the Interferer" or two.  That's about as intimidating as we've been for the last half-decade.

Maybe if someone wakes up on the wrong side of the bed one day he can be anointed "The Tripper" or "The Halfhearted Charger."

Don't forget "One handed Slash" and "Throws a gloved punch".

Halfhearted charger takes the cake though. Gave me a solid laugh. Way more solid than 95% of our D's checks.

"Recent success of the Oilers, Leafs and Penguins"

Exactly what success have both the Oilers and Leafs enjoyed, one playoff season with decade(s) of failure. It's not tuly success if you fail constantly and finally getting it right, it's more like ...It's about time!!

Stick in the Ice logo is my fave, we were born with it, it is our destiny to a championship.

Interesting responses here. Sounds like the majority are indifferent. I'll be the first to say that yes, the Canucks have changed their jersey enough but I also think there is a time and place to look at making a change rather than a seemingly random overhaul. Which is why I chose to stick to the current alternate jersey as the new home. I think it be something the Canucks could at least consider. A quick win (if it were) to show another step in the new direction of the team. Yes jersey changes are apart of it but I was really speaking about the overall current state of the franchise. The identity of the overall team regarding toughness and the type of team that currently hits the ice this fall is a different story (and something that could be discussed as well) as I think the team currently doesn't really have one true identity...yet. However I think Travis Green has an opportunity to change that.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Yes it's a new era for sure lead by the likes of Horvat, Baertschi, Boeser, Grandlund etc and something to look forward to. I just love the current jersey as is. 

Yeah, it will be fun to watch for sure! I like our current jerseys as well, we should stick with em'. However, just an idea, probably a bad one, maybe once or twice a season play with a vintage jersey. 

4 hours ago, J-23 said:

Canucks28.png

I liked these jerseys, bring em back. Especially the red and black one, but that is just my opinion.

These are my second favourite jerseys the skate being number 1.

if they could go back to using block lettering fonts for the numbers etc and fix the colouring on the current jersey it would be a vast improvement.  The original orca jerseys looked way more intimidating than are current ones.

Tried now for a decade to getting used to their blue green but never fully grew on me.  Add the horrible  cheap agency font on top of that and it's one of the most passive looking jerseys in the league.

The atmosphere and in game production and optics need a new identity to fit with a younger team with energy.  We don't need Hannah Bernard's screeching voice telling us hats are 30% off, Joe Kenwards spray tanned mug showing us videos of Gudbranson walking his cat or DJ Whoever tuning to 94.5 and cranking horrible top 40 all game. Turn back the clock to area rock and get the joint jumping. Anyone remember the couple games the crowd sang Don't Stop Believing and Living on a Prayer?.....fans love that engagement!!! Make the Rog Great Again!!!  

I love the current jersey but hate the current logo.

I'm content with them keeping it though because I'd fear they'd inevitably make them worse.

The only change I'd be okay with them making are ditching the Orca for the Stick-In-Rink or an improved Johnny Canuck. But don't change the colours or striping.

Archived