Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

55 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Tor- 1st+Neilson or Dermott

Dal- #3+Honka

TB- 1st+ Howden or Raddysh

Buf- #8+ good prospect

Mtl- Galchenyuk+

One of these is not like the others............

If I was ranking them by strength of offer...........it would be

Dallas.........3rd + Honka..................................If we got this on, there would be dancing in the streets

Buffalo........8th + good prospect......................I would take the 8th plus A. Nylander........add Baertschi

Montreal.....Galchenyuk +................................No way Montreal does this....no way

TB..............1st + Howden or Raddysh.............I would consider this (Barely)

Tor.............1st + Neilsen or Dermott................Picks too far down the chain............it would have to be the 1st, Kapanen and one of the 2 prospects

So from your list it's Dallas, Buff, then TB........I don't believe Toronto or Montreal would ever happen, and not Dallas the way you have it....maybe take Honka out and they consider it!

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Post expansion, pre draft in a rumoured "shallow draft" is the moment to trade Tanev.  Benning would be foolish to admit he's being shopped; but those few days between the expansion draft and the draft is going to see the value of a guy like Tanev go sky high.

Also, Kings in on E. Kane?  Oh please do gut your team even more.  Give up picks AND prospects to do it please.

Either pre or post expansion works fine in terms of value I think.

If you do it before expansion, it also means you effectively add Sbisa into the value because we can protect him. (LosIng Gaunce is meaningless as he is replaceable off waivers).

The price "should"

be higher post expansion because a bunch of teams will have lost a top 4 guy to Vegas... and half the league is already looking for one of them.

A risk is that Vegas will

have a bunch of D to deal as well between expansion and draft, and that might change the market a bit.

The well talked about deal with Dallas and their 3OA and bad goalie contract seems like a reasonable market value.

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

According to CapFriendly, Tanev doesn't have any trade restrictions in his contract yet, but a modified no-trade will kick in for 2017-18. At that point, Tanev can list eight teams to which he will not accept a trade. So if the Canucks wish to move the 27-year-old defenceman, this might be the off-season to do it in.

I knew that Chris Tanev had no trade restrictions but thought he had a full NTC in the summer..

That modified-NTC isn't very restrictive, 23 team trade-list is quite good. In that case I'm not in as much of a rush to trade tanev but would still prefer to do so this deadline whilst the 2nd OA or 3rd OA may be on the trade block but then again keeping Tanev may be a good push for a package to get one of the top picks next year in a so called deep draft.

ah well the ADHD in me wants a trade for this draft :P 

What would we have to add to get the 14th overall as well as Drouin? I think we have a really good opportunity to really stock up the prospects and improve our future this draft. If we can find a way to have 3, 5, and 14 that would be gorgeous. 

Just now, Pears said:

What would we have to add to get the 14th overall as well as Drouin? I think we have a really good opportunity to really stock up the prospects and improve our future this draft. If we can find a way to have 3, 5, and 14 that would be gorgeous. 

Bit complicated because if they are trading Drouin then my guess is they would want to trade him before the Expansion Draft and probably would not want to take on a contract that would need protection. But possibly they have room to protect if they don't think much of Koekkek or Sustr since they are locking up Hedman and Stralman.

Perhaps Hutton + 5th OA for Drouin + 14th OA ?

I may do that if we got the 3rd OA pick from Dallas in a Tanev trade.

1 minute ago, goblix said:

Bit complicated because if they are trading Drouin then my guess is they would want to trade him before the Expansion Draft and probably would not want to take on a contract that would need protection. But possibly they have room to protect if they don't think much of Koekkek or Sustr since they are locking up Hedman and Stralman.

I think a Tanev trade, and most likely all other trades, happen after the expansion draft as most teams won't want to mess up their ED list. I've said before a Hedman - Tanev pairing would probably be the best in the league. Tampa has no need for Hutton. 

2 minutes ago, goblix said:

We'd prob have to throw in our Granny on that TBay deal? Interesting trade-combo however.

10 minutes ago, Pears said:

I think a Tanev trade, and most likely all other trades, happen after the expansion draft as most teams won't want to mess up their ED list. I've said before a Hedman - Tanev pairing would probably be the best in the league. Tampa has no need for Hutton. 

The whole point of traded before the ED would be so that teams could move eligible players to teams with possible spots in other areas.

Carolina for example has some eligibility spots that they could fill up with better players than they currently have protected because they likely don't mind losing those players instead. Likewise they have a ton of exempt players specifically in the defense position that they can move to acquire a good eligible player.

I do agree about tanev though. We would wait after ED because we don't have any dire need of protecting Sbisa or Biega and theoretically would increase value of Tanev because the team trading for doesn't need a protection slot to hold him there.

If tampa is trading away Drouin it'd be because they want to protect Namenistov (in addition to cap reasons) which if they wait for after ED then they would surely lose him to Vegas.

9 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

We'd prob have to throw in our Granny on that TBay deal? Interesting trade-combo however.

not sure actually, we are also trading an exempt player for an eligible player. Curious on how much value that holds

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

18th overall pick too low?

I'd say not at all. If there is a player they really like at that spot there could be a draft floor deal for the pick,

All in all the price for Tanev is likely a first round pick and a prospect and maybe a bad contract  thrown in as well

2 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

From Friedman, with an interview with Benning: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/rumour-roundup-asking-price-high-canucks-chris-tanev/

Benning seems reluctant to move Tanev, and who can blame him - we'd be even worse without the guy. It seems that teams are bringing Tanev's name up but Benning wants something exceptional. I mean he's still young and on a great contract, I dare say Benning has the edge in these negotiations. 

LOL !  > " worse without the guy "....

like going from 28 to 31st is worse in what is to be a better draft than 2017 yr.

Being a bit low on the sexiness register, no big hits, no booming slap shot? I don't believe he will command enough of a price to warrant moving him.

I would have to think we would need a player who projects higher than Chris, and is a reasonable shot to get there.  Plus a guy at least knocking on the door to make our roster in Chris's spot.  I suppose Toronto is a shot?  Andrew Nielsen & a first (think they draft 16) seems fair. Nielsen is a 6'3 210 lb RHD, drafted in 2015, who has nearly 40 AHL points. But debatable as to having realistic NHL speed, so a 6th or 7th D. Draft Brannstrom, Valimaki or Lias Anderson. Less than CDC wants I'm sure for Tanev. But a good return.   

I don't see the top 10 pick, or a Taylor Hall equivalent coming back. To get Hall, a guy 3 years younger, and 20 lbs heavier was the lure. If it were possible, I would probably be on this bandwagon? If we could land Petterson. If it were, I suspect such a trade would have already been made...

But don't let me stop everyone from speculating like wild rabbits.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Did Benning not personally scout Timra?

Maybe he already did his interview of Liljegren. Maybe he already knows what he needs to know and doesn't want other teams to think he's interested.

I don't know if it really matters if other teams know our level of interest in someone that will go top 10. Let's just say JB is bluffing and wants to take Liljegren at 5. Dallas and Colorado are the only teams that might beat us to the punch and it's not like either of them have a 2nd pick in the top 10 if they were thinking about taking a C at 3rd/4th in hopes that Liljegren will make it past 5th so they can pick him with their 2nd pick. Liljegren will definitely go in the 1st 10, maybe 12 (tops) picks. Whether or not JB has interest in him really doesn't make a difference.

2 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Yes. Especially 18th this year. Top 10 pick+ or Top 3 and we add/take on a bad contract

imagine a world with us having the 3rd, 5th, and 18th in the same draft 0_0????????????????

toss in 33 and 55 and its a partyyyy!

I suspect if a Tanev trade does happen, that Dallas is the most likely. Something along the lines of Tanev for 3rd overall and Lehtonen. Or maybe Tanev and Cassels for the 3rd overall and Niemi? 

12 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

I suspect if a Tanev trade does happen, that Dallas is the most likely. Something along the lines of Tanev for 3rd overall and Lehtonen. Or maybe Tanev and Cassels for the 3rd overall and Niemi? 

You might be on to something. We take back one of Dallas's goalies (really any of the 3 as they're all under-performing to their contract), get the 3rd and give them Tanev back. Could work. Not as sexy as some proposals but i could see a fit.

JB isn't trying to trade Tanev, and is only receiving calls on him. Understandably, he's a well sought after RHD every other team would love to have with his current contract. JB is going to want an offer he can't refuse, and I don't see him trading Tanev for an equal return, he's going to want more. We'll either get a home run deal or else keep Tanev for the 2017/18 season. (at least until the TDL)

26 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

You might be on to something. We take back one of Dallas's goalies (really any of the 3 as they're all under-performing to their contract), get the 3rd and give them Tanev back. Could work. Not as sexy as some proposals but i could see a fit.

Lol where have you been? That's what half of CDC has been throwing around for weeks now.

Archived