The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

Tanev would really improve a lot of bluelines out there, and teams seem to be willing to generally overpay for top 4 D right now. Since we will likely lose a D in the expansion draft anyway, if there's a solid deal out there, I'd say go for it! His value is not likely, ever going to be higher than it is right now.

15 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

holy cow. Pettersson may be Jims guy. I'm actually ok with that, the scouting reports are pretty darn good and I like that he and Dahlen have had good chemistry. 

I didn't even know they were allowed to do that. inviting players to your town.  now that's interesting:)

I really like Pettersson so no complaints on my end :)  necas is pretty dope too 

Exact same thing with Larsson, just sayin'. They had little interest in moving him unless it was for a lot. I'm not saying he gets us a Hall-like talent but this is definitely a bargaining tool to maximize value. Or more than likely they legitimately don't want to move him unless it's for a Hall-like talent. Stay competitive and all that. We'll soon see. Dallas better pony up. :P 

8 hours ago, Me_ said:

VAN

1OA

NJ

3OA

5OA

DAL

Tanev

GOLDOBIN - PATRICK - BOESER

BAERTSCHI - HORVAT - VIRTANEN

Wtf...why.

The 3rd AND 5th are better by far fir this club than the 1st representing a player who by all accounts might not be the best in this draft let alone the top ten

5 hours ago, Me_ said:

VAN

1OA

Hall

NJ

Tanev

Baertschi

5OA

Stop...please...

As for 1st overall picks busting being rare.

Hall

RNH

Yakupov

For their draft positions....they're incredible disappointments 

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Wtf...why.

The 3rd AND 5th are better by far fir this club than the 1st representing a player who by all accounts might not be the best in this draft let alone the top ten

Agreed.  How about we take Vilardi and Makar with 3 and 5?  

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

I still think Tanev to ARZ makes the most sense. Either for their 7th (+?) or solid prospect + their 23rd.

Per Kypreos on Sportsnet during game #3 - Arizona is now willing to move Mike Smith.  He wants to win now and they want to go much younger.  If that's the direction they are heading Tanev is probably not a D they would be targeting.

1 minute ago, mll said:

Per Kypreos on Sportsnet during game #3 - Arizona is now willing to move Mike Smith.  He wants to win now and they want to go much younger.  If that's the direction they are heading Tanev is probably not a D they would be targeting.

I guess they're trading OEL then too.

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Tanev for  TOR's: 18th OA, Kapanen, and a 3rd

:)  plus will give them a bag of pucks lpl. 

I'm honestly not all that enamored with Kapanen but a similar value player be perfect-o!

watch it be JVR or Nylander lllol + a 3rd

I'm not enamoured with him either..so why trade for him..?...We're down at the knees with young undersized forwards (Dahlen,Goldoblin,Boucher,Baertschi,Granlund)..

If we're not getting precisely what we need for Tanev..we don't need to trade him.

8 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

I like your idea of getting an replacement for Tanev with Honka in the same deal.

I think that the Canucks need to include another asset into the package to get this deal done.

Maybe taking on a bad contract for Niemi and or Lehtonen balance it out. Another option would be to add a right winger from our roster to the package. Canucks are deep at right wing, hence it would not significantly impair Canucks forwards group.

Another option would be:

To VAN:    #3 and #29

To Dallas: Tanev 

According to the information on Mark Easson's NHL trade rumors JB is thinking about packaging #33 and #55 to get another first round pick. If the Canucks get the #29 from Dallas would enable us to keep #33 and #55.

It's a matter of negotiating at the end of the day.

Cart freaking wheels if we get both 3 and 29 and keep 33/55. Benning wins the best GM to make the best splash at the draft

20 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

One of these is not like the others............

If I was ranking them by strength of offer...........it would be

Dallas.........3rd + Honka..................................If we got this on, there would be dancing in the streets

Buffalo........8th + good prospect......................I would take the 8th plus A. Nylander........add Baertschi

Montreal.....Galchenyuk +................................No way Montreal does this....no way

TB..............1st + Howden or Raddysh.............I would consider this (Barely)

Tor.............1st + Neilsen or Dermott................Picks too far down the chain............it would have to be the 1st, Kapanen and one of the 2 prospects

So from your list it's Dallas, Buff, then TB........I don't believe Toronto or Montreal would ever happen, and not Dallas the way you have it....maybe take Honka out and they consider it!

Don't underestimate Neilson or Dermott. Both had amazing rookie seasons for Marlies. We have enough Kapanens in Dahlin, Baertschi,  Goldobin, Boeser. Sure I would be happy to have him but a couple of developed D prospects would be better

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  How about we take Vilardi and Makar with 3 and 5?  

If we had both those picks (and assuming the first two guys don't fall to #3)... those would be ideal

picks.

Habing two picks means that they can be a little riskier with the #5 and pick Makar who has a higher bust factor than the other D... but also a higher ceiling.

With just one of those picks, they will probably have to be safer.

Now's the time to do it. It will weaken our back end for sure, but CT is getting too injury prone and he may not have any value left if he goes through another season of missing major amounts of games. Would miss him for sure but I think it's gotta happen.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Stop...please...

Hall

RNH

Yakupov

If you redo the hall draft he still goes #2

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Stop...please...

Hall

RNH

Yakupov

I wouldn't consider Hall a bust.....a bit of an underachiever relative to the draft as you say, but certainly not to be compared to yakupov or even RNH.

38 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

Now's the time to do it. It will weaken our back end for sure, but CT is getting too injury prone and he may not have any value left if he goes through another season of missing major amounts of games. Would miss him for sure but I think it's gotta happen.

Thats an understatement...Tryamkins gone,Sbisa will most likely get claimed by LV....If you take Tanev out as well,there's a legit cause for grave concern on the Canucks back end.

Archived