The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Some of us have been calling for moving Tanev (for the right deal) for a good year now FWIW.

True. but that isn't the title of the article. It's "rumour canucks being approached about Tanev".  The start of this article is when Botch started suggesting the trade Lol.

12 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

I don't know...That's not too bad. If that deal is on the table at the TDL (and no better offers are received), I'd happily take it. I don't think we'll see a Tanev trade any time soon though. 

I'd be ok with that deal if it was Tanev's last contract year and it was a TDL deal. If thats all we get for him this year I'd rather pair him with Juolevi and let OJ get some very valuable sheltered development time with a great partner. Thats worth more to us than an OK prospect and a 2nd at this stage of where the Canucks are at imo. 

Teams are being stingy I think in part because there's been so much action pre-expansion and with free agency coming up. If Dallas ends up skunked in free agency they might be a lot more willing to do a better deal for Tanev. 

Look at what Hamonic got from CGY.... thats a big haul and pretty comparable guys in point production. TH is a little tougher than Tanev but Tanev is the better D man from a suppression pov. And from an injury pov they're pretty much the same too. 

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

I'd be ok with that deal if it was Tanev's last contract year and it was a TDL deal. If thats all we get for him this year I'd rather pair him with Juolevi and let OJ get some very valuable sheltered development time with a great partner. 

If OJ does make the team, I'd rather he was partnered with Erik 'Touch OJ and I'll turn you in to a stain on the ice' Gudbranson. 

18 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Trever firering JB and then personally handling that Reinhart deal is about the only thing that would renew my confidence in this franchise

Drinking and internet rarely go well together........

5 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

I'd be ok with that deal if it was Tanev's last contract year and it was a TDL deal. If thats all we get for him this year I'd rather pair him with Juolevi and let OJ get some very valuable sheltered development time with a great partner. Thats worth more to us than an OK prospect and a 2nd at this stage of where the Canucks are at imo. 

Teams are being stingy I think in part because there's been so much action pre-expansion and with free agency coming up. If Dallas ends up skunked in free agency they might be a lot more willing to do a better deal for Tanev. 

Look at what Hamonic got from CGY.... thats a big haul and pretty comparable guys in point production. TH is a little tougher than Tanev but Tanev is the better D man from a suppression pov. And from an injury pov they're pretty much the same too. 

If we got similar value for Tanev for where we are in our rebuild, you take that deal everyday of the week. Calgary messed up pretty bad IMO. Smith and then Hamonic. Wasnt a huge fan of their draft either. I think in a few years they are going to be in the same position we were in when Torts got here. At least we got from one game of the cup. Granted they are younger. Im not being a hater, but if i was a Calgary fan id be worried. 

14 minutes ago, KKnight said:

If we got similar value for Tanev for where we are in our rebuild, you take that deal everyday of the week. Calgary messed up pretty bad IMO. Smith and then Hamonic. Wasnt a huge fan of their draft either. I think in a few years they are going to be in the same position we were in when Torts got here. At least we got from one game of the cup. Granted they are younger. Im not being a hater, but if i was a Calgary fan id be worried. 

Calgary has a pretty young top core with players like Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk, Bennett, Ferlund, Lazar and to go along with that they probably have the best defensive unit in the entire NHL. If I was them I wouldn't be too worried.

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

Calgary has a pretty young top core with players like Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk, Bennett, Ferlund, Lazar and to go along with that they probably have the best defensive unit in the entire NHL. If I was them I wouldn't be too worried.

Im not amazed by their core. Tkachuk is a great player, but i think Gaudreau capped out on his couple amazing seasons. Still a great player, but a player thats going to take you to the promise land? Not for me. 

Giordano is one of my fav defenceman. But, age is creeping up. He will be 34 this season. Hamilton is really good, but a disaster in his own zone. Brodie, was a little suspect last year. Hamonic i like, injury concerns, but you cant deny the value of that contract. 

5 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Lazar part of the core? What has he done to justify that? put up 1 point. Hes overrated. 

27 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

What UFA D-man would replace Tanev though?  Not much out there that won't cost $$ and term.  Maybe Paul Postma?

It would be Gudbranson. We're not going to bring in any big names and we shouldn't. A solid third pairing guy is probably what we'll need. Max 2 year deal.

57 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

What UFA D-man would replace Tanev though?  Not much out there that won't cost $$ and term.  Maybe Paul Postma?  Swap Pedan and Juolevi depending on how Juolevi does at training camp.

Edler-Stetcher

Hutton-Postma

Juolevi-Gudbranson

Pedan-Biega-Holm-Subban

Have learned the #Canucks have called the agent for D Karl Alzner and F Jordan Weal. Both local products.

19 hours ago, brian42 said:

Montreal took a run at Methot so they could attempt a deal as well.  The Canucks should sign a UFA d-man or two which would allow for Botha Tanev trade and reduce the available d-man market. 

As much as I'd hate trading with Montreal because the are Montreal and Bergevin seems like such a whiner, they may have what the Canucks are looking for in return of Tanev if they are willing to part with them.

In general the Canucks would be seeking an NHL ready d-man prospect and a draft pick or another prospect so if the Habs could offer Juulsen and an appropriate pick then there could be a deal.

I agree that the Canucks should look to sign a d-man, losing two this off season hurts.

13 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Im hopin and praying we can ink either Alzner and or Shattenkirk, we have some cap space for leverage that would help fix our blueline pretty quick

We shouldn't be paying for term on a sought after UFA.

Some cheap, 3rd pairing guy who can be had for a couple years and under $2 million.  

... or offer a later round pick to Vegas for one of their spares who doesn't have a lot of term left.

We we need to have money available and know what our holes are in a couple years when we start to hope to dream about playoffs again.

32 minutes ago, winthecup said:

Have learned the #Canucks have called the agent for D Karl Alzner and F Jordan Weal. Both local products.

Yeah we aren't in a position to be taking on Alzner.  It would go against rebuilding again and send the wrong message to the fanbase.  We should be in the bottom third of the league when it comes to payroll for where we are at.  Weal I could understand, we need some skill up front.  Still don't know where goals will come from.  

Archived