The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Friedman's pre-expansion 30 Thoughts

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Detroit was penalized for Datsyuk. Although Arizona let them off the hook cheaply for that....awwww crap just remembered who used to own the Coyotes.

That was not a recapture penalty but a player with a 35+ contract that retired early.  For players whose contracts start after age 35 and who stop playing before the end of their contracts the full cap hit stays on the books.

Beauchemin just got bought out by Colorado - the full cap hit stays on their books. It only frees a roster spot but not the cap hit.

Are you &^@#ing kidding me equipment allergy? That would be something he would have dealt wit his entire career and there is no way that can be a legal excuse. Watch Vancouver be the only team who gets punished for "circumventing" the cap. The Hossa contract is 10x worse than the Luongo contract and it got Chicago a cup and wasn't even investigated until Luongo signed his a year later. They traded a goalie to France to get his get rid of his cap hit and now looks like they're going to escape cap penalties with a bogus "allergy".

34 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Detroit was penalized for Datsyuk. Although Arizona let them off the hook cheaply for that....awwww crap just remembered who used to own the Coyotes.

Detroit was penalized for Datsyuk because he signed his contract when he was over 35 and retired early. Not really the same at all.

29 minutes ago, mll said:

LA Kings have the recapture penalty for Mike Richards on their books.  It was actually more favourable than to buy him out.

Ah yes, the infamous Mike Richards opioids case. Can't believe I forgot about this.

This just in, Luongo is allergic to the blue ice in his crease, his padding, the puck, his Gatorade bottle and everything related to the goalie position.

Meanwhile, a loud scoff and "Hah!  Okay there" sounding like Commissioner Gary Bettman can be heard from NHL Headquarters.

Canucks penalized and lose their 2018 1st round draft pick.  

Knowing the team's luck this is entirely plausible.

8 hours ago, Solinar said:

Here's hoping that the league will re-think its cap recapture policy to let players/teams out of those penalties, or everyone is going to end up going to Robidas Island.  Except for the Canucks tho....I bet if Luongo tried it, there'd be an exception made to make sure we get penalized.

I thought the Nucks should have filed a legal case/ grievance  against the league for penalizing them for a a contract they (the league) approved and was within the rules of the time it was signed. If it wasn't with in the rules why did the league approve it. Made no sense for vancouver not to make a huge stink about this back dated rule change that mainly effected and targeted  them.

10 hours ago, Solinar said:

Here's hoping that the league will re-think its cap recapture policy to let players/teams out of those penalties, or everyone is going to end up going to Robidas Island.  Except for the Canucks tho....I bet if Luongo tried it, there'd be an exception made to make sure we get penalized.

Yeah if Chicago gets off the hook for Hosea we better get the same treatment.

12 hours ago, Master Mind said:

They'll get away with it, you and I both know they will. We'll say we're done with the league, but we'll come back, we always do.

:(

Such a joke... man it pays to have members of the old boys club in your head office. Bowman pulling strings and cheating his way as usual.

17 hours ago, Master Mind said:

They'll get away with it, you and I both know they will. We'll say we're done with the league, but we'll come back, we always do.

:(

Ha ha.  Just like the lock-out, sure we said we would walk away, or at least stop watching as many games....too bad we didn't because now Bettman knows he can get away with pretty much anything as far a fan abuse goes.

7 hours ago, combover said:

I thought the Nucks should have filed a legal case/ grievance  against the league for penalizing them for a a contract they (the league) approved and was within the rules of the time it was signed. If it wasn't with in the rules why did the league approve it. Made no sense for vancouver not to make a huge stink about this back dated rule change that mainly effected and targeted  them.

Don't forget we walked away with CLB second rounder because they hired a coach we fired....and you can gaurantee that's the last time the GMs and the league will allow it.  Torts wasn't poached

15 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

This just in, Luongo is allergic to the blue ice in his crease, his padding, the puck, his Gatorade bottle and everything related to the goalie position.

Meanwhile, a loud scoff and "Hah!  Okay there" sounding like Commissioner Gary Bettman can be heard from NHL Headquarters.

Canucks penalized and lose their 2018 1st round draft pick.  

Knowing the team's luck this is entirely plausible.

Lu's ailment is PTSD as every time he closes his eyes he only sees Byfuglien's giant butt. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Equipment allergy. That doesn't sound like they even tried to come up with a feasible excuse. The gladhanding and favoritism is par for the course in that scumsucking weasel Bettman's NHL.

Dog ate Hossa'a equipment. 

18 hours ago, HI5 said:

Lol at Hossa allergies, Blackhawks better be penalized. 

What's the deal with James Neal? A goal scorer who's been moved around a few times. Not liked much amongst his peers?

hes coming to van

vgk will draft him then flip him to van.  i likey.  be a great fit with the sedins just stinks there slowing up now.

oh well ill enjoy watching neal donning our new jersey. ^^

Holy hell, watching this draft, I think Vancouver should disband and come back in 2019.  We'd instantly have a better system with some of the choices teams are making to save people.  Anaheim giving up Theodore, and Minny gives up Tuch??

1 hour ago, Solinar said:

Holy hell, watching this draft, I think Vancouver should disband and come back in 2019.  We'd instantly have a better system with some of the choices teams are making to save people.  Anaheim giving up Theodore, and Minny gives up Tuch??

im surprised at the players those choose too.  they got some good talent sure but they left some really good players on the board. its a great thing for all those young players though.  Shea Theodore is going to get some prime minutes!

Archived