The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-2018 line up (with what we have)

Caniners77

3 minutes ago, SuitcaseSmith said:

Good lineup.  Could also throw in Olli Juolevi for first 9 games if he has an awesome camp but expect him to go back to junior.  Holm and Pedan provide extra depth alternatives to Biega.  Would expect Burmistrov (if he gets signed), Molino, and Jake Virtanen to be alternative depth call ups to Boucher.

I could see Juolevi getting his 9 game tryout. 

Actually, looking at my lineup, I might actually swap Erikksson and Rodin, as Erikksson and Sutter actually did have a little bit of chemistry at points during last season.

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Bae Bo Boeser

Sedins Granlund

Rodin Sutter Erikson

Gaunce Gagner Dorsett

Stack Utica with Dahlen Goldy Virtanen Boucher Demko maybe they go on a tear for the Calder while the big club is a tire fire 

I wonder how Goldobin would take it if he starts the year in Utica.  Seems like he has proven what he can in the AHL.  

14 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I wonder how Goldobin would take it if he starts the year in Utica.  Seems like he has proven what he can in the AHL.  

That's my hope maybe Utica is the "winning environment" insulate them from the suck that will be the Canucks next year. Give them all regular call ups to make sure they get paid but let the team mature together away from the Vancouver media circus while we free fall in the standings.

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Baer Horvat Boeser

Gagner Sutter Eriksson

Goldy Burmistrov Rodin/Dorsett

Extras: Boucher/Gaunce

Edler             Stecher

Del Zotto      Tanev

Hutton           Gudbranson

Extras: Wiercioch/Pedan/Beiga

Markstrom 

Nilsson

This is how i would like to the deployment .

I love how everyone is assuring Boeser a top 6 position and yet nothing in lineup for Virtanen.  Brock is an accomplished young player but he needs to work on his speed and overall game and some time in Utica could be best thing for his career and therefore Canucks.  Virtanen was at times dominant in Utica in 2nd half and Green was very happy with his responsible play.   It seemingly will disappoint a lot of you but don't be shocked if Jake not only makes the opening line up but messes with a lot of your line up projections.   

Oh, and quit putting Rodin on the 4th line.   IF he is going to play it will be in top 9.   Too much offensive instinct and talent to cycle the put on the 4th energy line.   I also feel that the possibility for packaging one or more of the players in the "up can coming" along with some vets before TDL for loading up on 2018 picks is more than likely.

Carry on.

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Oh, and quit putting Rodin on the 4th line.   IF he is going to play it will be in top 9.   Too much offensive instinct and talent to cycle the put on the 4th energy line.  

These days all 4 lines need to be rolled so it's nice to spread out the talent.

And plain and simple Rodin has proven nothing in the NHL, on the other hand Boeser has. If Rodin performs great, bump him up the lineup then. Where would you put Boeser? Lets see your lineup.........

And as for Virtanen, yes he did have a good year but he is still only 20 and still needs to find his offensive game and another year in Utica will be beneficial for him but i would not be opposed to some call ups.

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I love how everyone is assuring Boeser a top 6 position and yet nothing in lineup for Virtanen.  Brock is an accomplished young player but he needs to work on his speed and overall game and some time in Utica could be best thing for his career and therefore Canucks.  Virtanen was at times dominant in Utica in 2nd half and Green was very happy with his responsible play.   It seemingly will disappoint a lot of you but don't be shocked if Jake not only makes the opening line up but messes with a lot of your line up projections.   

Oh, and quit putting Rodin on the 4th line.   IF he is going to play it will be in top 9.   Too much offensive instinct and talent to cycle the put on the 4th energy line.   I also feel that the possibility for packaging one or more of the players in the "up can coming" along with some vets before TDL for loading up on 2018 picks is more than likely.

Carry on.

Boeser will be in the top 6 to start the season...

Rodin can play anywhere...but if he starts on the 4th line he either won't be there long or that line will be getting as many minutes as the 3rd line...

We do have way to many borderline player's...as usual....

Jake will be on the team this year....but when...maybe like this.... but I think after a trade later in the year:

Baer / Bo / Boeser

Granny / Sutter / Rodin or Eriksson

Sedins   /  Eriksson or Rodin

Burm  /  Gagner  /  Jake

Gaunce

.....carrry on....

14 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Boeser will be in the top 6 to start the season...

Rodin can play anywhere...but if he starts on the 4th line he either won't be there long or that line will be getting as many minutes as the 3rd line...

We do have way to many borderline player's...as usual....

Jake will be on the team this year....but when...maybe like this.... but I think after a trade later in the year:

Baer / Bo / Boeser

Granny / Sutter / Rodin or Eriksson

Sedins   /  Eriksson or Rodin

Burm  /  Gagner  /  Jake

Gaunce

.....carrry on....

Agree to disagree.   Virtanen is readier than Boeser.   Let's see how preseaon goes!   

Baer   Horvat   Boeser

Sedin  Sedin  Granlund 

Rodin  Gagner  Ericksson

Gaunce  Sutter  Dorsett

Edler   Stecher

Hutton  Tanev

Del Zotto  Guddy

PP1:

Baer   Horvat   Boeser

Del Zotto   Gagner

PP2:

Sedin   Sedin   Granlund

Rodin   Stecher

PK1:

Sutter   Ericksson

Edler Tanev

PK2:

Gaunce   Dorsett

Hutton  Guddy

Every player has a role on PP or PK. Load spread evenly.

Fourth line is a match up line against most opposition teams top offensive line. Probably get as many 5v5 minutes as the Horvat line. Aim is to give Sedin and Gagner lines 5v5 time against 3rd/4th opposition lines.

Deployment is designed to give no more than 15 mins per night to Sedins.

Give Goldy, Dahlen, Virt, Juolevi, Petterson, etc more time to develop.

- Trade Tanev(retain 1 mill), Sutter & Gran, to Edm, for RNH, Mark Fayne & 2018 1st

- Then Edler, Goldobin & 2018 3rd for MacArthur, Ben Harpur, Nicholas Paul & 2018 1st

*** THREE 1st rounders next June! ***(easier to acquire when draft is a long way off)

Baertschi   Bo    Eriksson

RNH    Henrik    Rodin

Daniel   Gagner   Boucher/Burmistrov

MacArthur  Gaunce  Dorsett

xtras- Burmistrov, Biega

Hutton - Gudbranson

Delzotto - Fayne

Harpur - Stecher

xtras: Pedan, Wiercoch

- Fayne & MacArthur examples of cap dumps to get accompanying young talent, size & 2018 1st's.

- This D should assure us a top-3 pick (hold back OJ, 1 more yr in London)

- Tanev, Suts & Eddie go where they have a shot, & are needed

send Boeser, Dahlen & Virtanen down to excel in AHL

I can see Sutter and Baer being on the trade block.  Edler/Hutton also traded.

Sedins-Granlund

Eriksson-Bo-Rodin

Boucher-Gagner-Burmistrov

Labate-Gaunce-Dorsett

Del Zotto-Tanev

Edler/Hutton-Stetcher

Wiercioch-Gudbranson

Pedan

Markstrom

Nilsson

Let the kids develop and call them up when we have our inevitable injuries.

8 minutes ago, Brobidus said:

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund
Bärtschi - Horvat - Boeser
Rodin - Gagner - Eriksson
Gaunce - Sutter - Dorsett
Burmistrov

Edler - Stecher
Button - Tanev
Del Zotto - Gudbranson
Wiercioch - Biega

Markstrom
Nilsson

Sutter would probobly fake an injury and call it a year if we stuck him on the 4th line..

Archived