Virtanen - Burmistrov - Dorsett

Gaunce

Del Zotto - Tanev

Edler - Stetcher

Hutton - Gudbranson

Holm

Markstrom

Nilsson

Note: I think you will see the top 9 right wingers move between lines throughout the season. Gagner and Sutter may switch on the draw if one is struggling. Erikson, Granland, Rodin, Virtanen and Dorsett can all play both wings. pretty versatile.

Prediction 1: Brock gets the Troy treatment and is sent to Utica to start the season. Rodin goes down with injury and Brock is recalled. He never leaves.

Prediction 2: Gudbranson gets traded for a 1st and 2nd in 2018

Prediction 3: Utica is going to be a good team

Prediction 4: Canucks pick 5th at the 2018 draft

Beartchi-Horvat-Rodin

Sedin-Sedin-Granlund/Granlund

Eriksson--Gagner-Goldobin/Granlund

Burmistrov-Sutter-Dorsett

Gaunce, Boucher

Edler-Stetcher

Hutton-Tanev

Del Zotto-Gudbranson

Biega

Markstrom

Nilsson

Really hoping to sign Yakupov, low risk, very high reward. If we do, send Boeser to Utica, and try to have Yak rekindle his offensive ability. If not, just waive him and call Boeser up.

Overall, a very good year for Jim Benning and Co.

2 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Boeser will be in that lineup somewhere over Gaunce and his Zero goals.

I think Boesser needs time getting  used to the pro game. A season in utica building chemistry with the other prospects and working on his defence will be good for his game. 

5 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I think Boesser needs time getting  used to the pro game. A season in utica building chemistry with the other prospects and working on his defence will be good for his game. 

i agree but can you send him down after netting that many goals in the short window.  i think your kinda stuck having to keep him if he keeps potting goals.

boeser imo is the likely'ist to make the team.

imo it goes

Boeser

Juolevi 

Virtanen 

Dahlen

Subban  

where does goldie fit though?  id think hes top 3 somewhere in that list.  is he still safe from waviers next season,

6 hours ago, Vancity87 said:

Bear - Bo - Eriksson

Sedin - Sedin -  Granlund

Gagner - Sutter - Rodin

Gaunce

Del Zotto - Tanev

Edler - Stetcher

Hutton - Gudbranson

Holm

Markstrom

Nilsson

Note: I think you will see the top 9 right wingers move between lines throughout the season. Gagner and Sutter may switch on the draw if one is struggling. Erikson, Granland, Rodin, Virtanen and Dorsett can all play both wings. pretty versatile.

Prediction 1: Brock gets the Troy treatment and is sent to Utica to start the season. Rodin goes down with injury and Brock is recalled. He never leaves.

dont be surprised in the Sedin's start the season on the first line.  i suspect they will keep them there with bo or suts line doing matchups.

9 hours ago, 70seven said:

Juolevi on loan to Sweden.

Now that is an interesting thought.  i am pretty sure he makes the nhl but if he didnt that would be an option.

i personally just dont see how he doesn't make the lineup for at least 20 games.  he would probably be the 7th or 8th d unless he outplays peeps.  

if guddy was indeed traded i think we could garauntee him a spot.  but these are good problems to have as Jim so elequently put it.

6 hours ago, canuckmen84 said:

Well what was also known and confirmed is that Demers "nixed" a trade sending him to Van city. Who for ?.. who knows for sure but I have only heard Guddy, have you heard different?

Panthers didn't make the playoffs this year and i think they miss Gudbransons presence and COULD want him back so i really don't think it's as hard to beleive as you're making it out to be .

You really can't say it makes "zero sense " when you don't even know what the trade offer fully entailed.

Gudbranson going one way, Demers the other, = nonsense for Vancouver.  Matters not what Florida wants when it would be a foolish trade for Vancouver.  Need to start thinking and not just believe every brown-stained wall painted by hacks like Botchford.

i want to predict the lineup but it's so hard with a new nhl coach.  I have zero idea how Greener sets his lines at the nhl level.

watch subbam beat out Juolevi 

ya i said it lol. subBAM baby! lol

3 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Gudbranson going one way, Demers the other, = nonsense for Vancouver.  Matters not what Florida wants when it would be a foolish trade for Vancouver.  Need to start thinking and not just believe every brown-stained wall painted by hacks like Botchford.

I agree a 1 for 1 trade would be bad for Van, I like Guddy.  I never said i believe Botchford but it is the only known information out there unless you have facts to add?

I would however believe a brown-stained wall painted by Botchford over a brown-stained wall painted by you.<_<

10 hours ago, Vancity87 said:

Bear - Bo - Eriksson

Sedin - Sedin -  Granlund

Gagner - Sutter - Rodin

Gaunce

Del Zotto - Tanev

Edler - Stetcher

Hutton - Gudbranson

Holm

Markstrom

Nilsson

Looks pretty accurate to my preferred lineup except that there's still one more forward spot for Boeser. 

Will be sad to see serviceable guys like Chaput and Boucher waived... I would keep Chaput around till Virtanen is totally ready! 

Updated

Baer Horvat Boeser

Daniel Hank Goldobin

Granlund Gagne Rodin

Gaunce Sutter Erikksson

Extras- Burmistrov, Boucher, Dorsett

Edler Stetcher

Tanev Del Zotto

Hutton Gudbranson

Extras- Wiercioch, Biega

Markstrom

Nilsson

I'd be pretty happy with this lineup to start the season. 

10 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

You can tell Boeser has the natural talent to fit right in. If he keeps up in preseason, we should give me a chance. The fans here are hungry for exciting prospects like Virtanen and Boeser!

the only line i feel i can kind of guess would be that of:

Burmistrov/Rodin - Sutter - Gagner

that line especially with Burmistrov would create a lot of scoring chances. we would have 2 play makers on the wings who can score and a large shoot first C in the middle.  To me that screams shot generation.  

Rodin on the line would certainly create a good cycle but im not sure if sutter and rodin are the best match with gagner on their wing.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

the only line i feel i can kind of guess would be that of:

Burmistrov/Rodin - Sutter - Gagner

that line especially with Burmistrov would create a lot of scoring chances. we would have 2 play makers on the wings who can score and a large shoot first C in the middle.  To me that screams shot generation.  

Rodin on the line would certainly create a good cycle but im not sure if sutter and rodin are the best match with gagner on their wing.

Yes, these guys will create a lot of scoring chances, but at both ends.  I'm okay with that though, because it will be fun to watch.  We will likely still lose more than we win, but at least we will get some goals.

We know for sure these spots will be taken:

Sedin  Sedin  ______

______  Horvat  ______

______  Sutter  Gagner

______  _______  _______

you can flip Horvat and the sedins. i think its fairly likely Baer will be next to bo but who knows.  Then add in eriksson who might be a good fit on bo's wing.  Then Boeser.

im predicting 

Sedin  Sedin  Boeser

Baertschi  Horvat  Eriksson

Burmistrov Sutter Gagner 

Rodin  Gaunce  Virtanen

Edler Stecher

Hutton Tanev

Del Zotto Gudbranson

Markstrom 

Nilsson

- i would not be surprised seeing Baer on the 3rd line lw and burmistrov as our 4th line c.

- i think rodin will be on the 4th line to make that line an offensive threat.

- i just dont see a spot for granlund.  he excelled in top 6 but did poor in bottom 6.  (unless boeser goes down im not sure).

*** there are simply so many options ***

11 hours ago, Rush17 said:

We know for sure these spots will be taken:

Sedin  Sedin  ______

______  Horvat  ______

______  Sutter  Gagner

______  _______  _______

you can flip Horvat and the sedins. i think its fairly likely Baer will be next to bo but who knows.  Then add in eriksson who might be a good fit on bo's wing.  Then Boeser.

im predicting 

Sedin  Sedin  Boeser

Baertschi  Horvat  Eriksson

Burmistrov Sutter Gagner 

Rodin  Gaunce  Virtanen

Edler Stecher

Hutton Tanev

Del Zotto Gudbranson

Markstrom 

Nilsson

- i would not be surprised seeing Baer on the 3rd line lw and burmistrov as our 4th line c.

- i think rodin will be on the 4th line to make that line an offensive threat.

- i just dont see a spot for granlund.  he excelled in top 6 but did poor in bottom 6.  (unless boeser goes down im not sure).

*** there are simply so many options ***

So many options until about 25 games in and the injuries start.

Likely something such as:

Baertchsi Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Erikisson Sutter Gagne 

Dorsett Burmistrov Virtanan 

Rodin (13th forward)

Edler Tanev 

Hutton Gudbranson 

MDZ Stetcher

Weircoch 

Juliovi 

17 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Updated

Baer Horvat Boeser

Daniel Hank Goldobin

Granlund Gagne Rodin

Gaunce Sutter Erikksson

Extras- Burmistrov, Boucher, Dorsett

Edler Stetcher

Tanev Del Zotto

Hutton Gudbranson

Extras- Wiercioch, Biega

Markstrom

Nilsson

I'd be pretty happy with this lineup to start the season. 

The twins will always need a "fetcher/carrier" high work rate player on their line. That is why Granlund was such a good fit and why Goldobin isn't imo.

Archived