The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate Last TV Show You Saw

Monty

On August 28, 2019 at 3:06 PM, aGENT said:

That and Boardwalk Empire are still my two favourite TV series from the last 10 years.

If you haven't seen the latter, I HIGHLY recommend it as well.

okay serious question. 

I watched every episode of mad men through the first 3 seasons, at which point i could no longer stand it and from there i only watched the first and last episode of each season. 

i genuinely felt the show was so boring. Their wasn't much of a storyline, other then few people getting promoted and exposing what John Ham's former life really was.

I mean no offence, but I feel as though the people who enjoyed the show are older and enjoyed being taken back to that time. is that what it was for you? because i found nothing appealing about the show. It was well acted though.

On August 18, 2019 at 12:57 AM, SILLY GOOSE said:

Mind Hunter S2

Only a few episodes in but God damn......so good

I really enjoyed the 2nd season. It feels like they are going to do more case work and less studying of serial killers this season. But i am not complaining. I really wanted the receptionist and the main guy (sorry forgot his name) to become a thing. And to know that it was a real case about the young children in Atlanta was really hard to take. 

The storyline with the cops son and the murder, was annoying and felt unnecessary. (it did make me think though, how many children listen to the story of Jesus's resurrection and think it is really life :/ ) 

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Mango3 said:

okay serious question. 

I watched every episode of mad men through the first 3 seasons, at which point i could no longer stand it and from there i only watched the first and last episode of each season. 

i genuinely felt the show was so boring. Their wasn't much of a storyline, other then few people getting promoted and exposing what John Ham's former life really was.

I mean no offence, but I feel as though the people who enjoyed the show are older and enjoyed being taken back to that time. is that what it was for you? because i found nothing appealing about the show. It was well acted though.

Haha... No. Definitely not from the era and not why I liked it :lol:

Different strokes I guess.

7 hours ago, Mango3 said:

I really enjoyed the 2nd season. It feels like they are going to do more case work and less studying of serial killers this season. But i am not complaining. I really wanted the receptionist and the main guy (sorry forgot his name) to become a thing. And to know that it was a real case about the young children in Atlanta was really hard to take. 

The storyline with the cops son and the murder, was annoying and felt unnecessary. (it did make me think though, how many children listen to the story of Jesus's resurrection and think it is really life :/ ) 

It does have a more big picture vibe to it and though extremely sad, the Atlanta case was super interesting.   

I'm with you on Tench's son storyline.  I thought it was going to be this mis direction thing for sure but I don't recall much about it towards the end there?  Correct me if I'm wrong.  

Also that bathroom scene :goat:

Edited by SILLY GOOSE

Mindhunter Season 2: 8/10

I was so excited for this season. S1 was one of my favorite seasons of any TV show, ever. 

S2 gets a lower score from me, not because of what it didn't do, but because of what it did do (see spoiler for elaboration).

I think this series would have been better off following the Law & Order / CSI template where each episode basically stands on its own but there is an underlying plot weaved throughout each episode from start to finish. Tensch's son being involved in the homicide was just silly to me. His wife was unbearable to the point I'd mute scenes with her in it. She was basically Meg Ryan at her very, very, very worst. Dr. Carr got totally written out of the show except to peer into her relationship. Who is watching Mindhunter for this? The dynamic between her and Ford was great. She is very systematic and structured so that their research methodology cannot be questioned. Ford is the opposite and uses instinct and experience to elicit information from offenders. I think over the course of the season they both learn that balance is needed, but the producers chose not to focus on this. Instead we get Tensch dealing with whether he is going to have to sell his house.

Dark - 9/10

German series on Netflix about time travelers.. that's about all I can really say other than you have to pay very close attention to how everyone's stories are intertwined. two seasons are out and I believe the third (and final) season is coming out soon.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2019 at 6:35 PM, Down by the River said:

Mindhunter Season 2: 8/10

I was so excited for this season. S1 was one of my favorite seasons of any TV show, ever. 

S2 gets a lower score from me, not because of what it didn't do, but because of what it did do (see spoiler for elaboration).

Reveal hidden contents

I think this series would have been better off following the Law & Order / CSI template where each episode basically stands on its own but there is an underlying plot weaved throughout each episode from start to finish. Tensch's son being involved in the homicide was just silly to me. His wife was unbearable to the point I'd mute scenes with her in it. She was basically Meg Ryan at her very, very, very worst. Dr. Carr got totally written out of the show except to peer into her relationship. Who is watching Mindhunter for this? The dynamic between her and Ford was great. She is very systematic and structured so that their research methodology cannot be questioned. Ford is the opposite and uses instinct and experience to elicit information from offenders. I think over the course of the season they both learn that balance is needed, but the producers chose not to focus on this. Instead we get Tensch dealing with whether he is going to have to sell his house.

Just got into Mindhunter recently, and just finished off S2.

I feel like with Season 1 the goal of the show was to demonstrate that actions and behaviours have causes that are definite and scientifically measurable. Season 2 was the opposite, and introduced murkiness and grey areas in behaviour and their causes. I'd give both Seasons a 9/10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wife and I are watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air from the start- it really is a phenomenal show.  Quality is strong right from the get go.  The cast were perfectly chosen obviously.  I'm keen to learn more about the writing/production side of it. 

source.gif

Edited by SILLY GOOSE