The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'Hero' police officer dead following shooting in Abbotsford

tbone909

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

God.  Horrible news.  So sorry for those left behind, who loved this officer.  

Very sad. I am hearing rumors of his name and i have met him numerous times.  Amazing person and loved by so many...

I don't want to say anything more till the name is released.  Very tough week in Abby with this news and the tragedy that happened last week at a school on the one year anniversary of the attack of the highschool girl.   Such a tough week.

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Why would a person be scared of getting caught in a stolen car given the revolving door policy we seem to have in the judicial system?  

Name not released as family is still being notified. 

Community will be gutted when they get the news.   Great guy that helped so many young people in the community. 

5 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Name not released as family is still being notified. 

Community will be gutted when they get the news.   Great guy that helped so many young people in the community. 

He used to be the liaison for the high school I went to, all I can say is that he was a great man that touched and impacted the lives of many students and youth in our community. He is going to be missed.

5 hours ago, lethal_spaghetti said:

He used to be the liaison for the high school I went to, all I can say is that he was a great man that touched and impacted the lives of many students and youth in our community. He is going to be missed.

Yes, John was loved by so many young people in Abby.  So many kids / young adults are really feeling his loss right now. 

He had a major impact on pretty much everyone that ever met him students and school staff. 

His positive outlook, sense of humor and charisma  was incredible.    The entire community in Abby is hurting right now with this. 

Archived