The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Players' Nicknames

Cramarossa

What do you call the Canucks?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a slow Monday night, so I figured I'd make a quick thread about something I've wondered for a while. I think for the most part the nicknames the Canucks use are pretty well known and established (Bulldog, Granny, Marky, etc.), but I've noticed recently some creative nicknames/spellings that I'm not sure the fan base at large uses. I just wanted to pick your minds a bit to find out what you all call the Canucks.

Some other approaches I've seen include "Hank/Henke" (Henrik Sedin), "Taney/Tanny" (Chris Tanev), "Virt/Virts" (Jake Virtanen), "Gauncer" (Brendan Gaunce) and "Sammy" (Sam Gagner).

I had to answer 'other' to all of them because I've never been a nickname guy.  I don't feel like everyone on the ice necessarily needs a nickname.  I've got nothing against the well established ones like Captain Kirk and King Richard, but beyond that I typically just refer to the players by their last name.

27 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Other for Sutter.

I tend to call him Balls. Sometimes Big Balls.

Back in Pittsburgh they used to call him Flat Stanley, becuase of his slender stature. Apparently he just HATES the nickname though lol.

1 hour ago, Cramarossa said:

It's a slow Monday night, so I figured I'd make a quick thread about something I've wondered for a while. I think for the most part the nicknames the Canucks use are pretty well known and established (Bulldog, Granny, Marky, etc.), but I've noticed recently some creative nicknames/spellings that I'm not sure the fan base at large uses. I just wanted to pick your minds a bit to find out what you all call the Canucks.

Some other approaches I've seen include "Hank/Henke" (Henrik Sedin), "Taney/Tanny" (Chris Tanev), "Virt/Virts" (Jake Virtanen), "Gauncer" (Brendan Gaunce) and "Sammy" (Sam Gagner).

You can call them anything you like.  But don't call them late for dinner!  

Sorry... just had to!  :P  Yep, slow Monday night!

Archived