The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Philip Holm from Utica, re-assign Patrick Wiercioch

Odd.

Wiercioch would have to reclear waivers if he was kept up any longer. ten games or 30 days PW was recalled on the 23rd of october.

Not to mention wierdcoat has played 2 games this season might be just trying to get him some playing time. I’d be suprised if Holm gets in, even if there’s a trade. with tanev back and stetcher not far off. holms here for pressbox pay checks.

Good luck to Rodin hope he finds success where ever he ends up.

5 hours ago, Davathor said:

No comments on Rodin asking to be released? I got slagged early season for saying he's a bust, and not good enough for the big league.

Don't let the door hit ya Anton!

Don't let the Door hit ya Anton????????

Good lord man, did he personally offend you? Did he say something to offend the team, fans, management?

That's just plain harsh dude

5 hours ago, Davathor said:

No comments on Rodin asking to be released? I got slagged early season for saying he's a bust, and not good enough for the big league.

Don't let the door hit ya Anton!

While I had reservations about whether or not Rodin was ever going to be an NHL regular, he hardly deserves this level of hate towards him. :huh:

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

While I had reservations about whether or not Rodin was ever going to be an NHL regular, he hardly deserves this level of hate towards him. :huh:

Saying "Don't let the door hit you, Anton" is likely the most passive aggressive expression of "hate" you will read today. I dont hate him, but I am really glad I dont have to hear about how great he is going to be for another 8 and a half years.

21 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Saying "Don't let the door hit you, Anton" is likely the most passive aggressive expression of "hate" you will read today. I dont hate him, but I am really glad I dont have to hear about how great he is going to be for another 8 and a half years.

It's pretty unnecessary injuries and bad timing played a big part in him not making a team and now that the roster is deeper than it has been in 3 seasons meant a difficult job in coming back was even harder.

I would argue the frequent use around here of player x is a bust is just as tiresome around here as the overvaluing of prospects. 

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think a team needs their core group together first.  These are only complimentary players, who will support the core, then be traded for picks when they earn a bigger payday.  If we had guys like that on our current roster, they would only serve to get us to the middle of the standings, and a worse draft position.  Holm might be a good player, but is he really going to get us to the Cup?  I agree these older guys can (and do) make impact on teams, but we need to stay at the bottom to build a winning core first.

No Canuck defenders are producing.  Holm showed some offense in camp and has produced in Utica.  Don't they have to give him a shot?

Sure he's a bottom pair player but why not give him 14 mins and trot him out on the power play?  Nothing to lose.

Sit Hutton.  He'll benefit from watching a few games anyways.  

Hutton's game has been quite weak to average at best for the most part early this season, Gudbranson played better along side MDZ imo. Edler is Edler, Tanev is our best with Stecher and MDZ as locks for this year while Huttton and Pouliot try to find their place.

I would like to see a sampling from Utica including Brisebois, Chatfield, McEneny with Holm into the rest of this year, they were all impressive during the exhibition season.

10 hours ago, riffraff said:

Can he play with the sedins?

If they're scratched, yes

10 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Those D pairing are wtf, Green. I can only assume neither Tanev or Stech will be back in Philly. 

I doubt Holm gets dressed for a game during his call up

As someone else mentioned I think there maybe a trade in the talks going on, whether or not it goes through time will tell but seems to me Benning is adding some depth just in case. Especially with Tanev and Stecher supposedly coming back very soon, don't know this Holm but sounds like he's doing well, so something doesn't add up to take this guy out to sit and watch games... Really feel Benning is up to something, or sure hope so!

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

No Canuck defenders are producing.  Holm showed some offense in camp and has produced in Utica.  Don't they have to give him a shot?

They won't give Holm a shot.

What's Baumer teaching these guys anyways? I guess a 0.3ppg isn't terrible for a career D call up, but still...

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Sit Hutton.  He'll benefit from watching a few games anyways.  

I think it's a good idea to see how Pouliot plays with Tanev for a game or two. Pouliot has not looked good on his off side paired with Dedler. I can see Hutty and Pouliot rotating until Edler gets injured again. (or Somebody gets traded)

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

It's pretty unnecessary injuries and bad timing played a big part in him not making a team and now that the roster is deeper than it has been in 3 seasons meant a difficult job in coming back was even harder.

I would argue the frequent use around here of player x is a bust is just as tiresome around here as the overvaluing of prospects. 

Hardly. Every player that gets drafted by the Canucks is slotted into our future top 6 regardless of round drafted.

8 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Hardly. Every player that gets drafted by the Canucks is slotted into our future top 6 regardless of round drafted.

I think you're confusing a vocal minority for a majority consensus. For every Alf and Apollo theres about a dozen level headed posters here. 

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

They won't give Holm a shot.

What's Baumer teaching these guys anyways? I guess a 0.3ppg isn't terrible for a career D call up, but still...

I think it's a good idea to see how Pouliot plays with Tanev for a game or two. Pouliot has not looked good on his off side paired with Dedler. I can see Hutty and Pouliot rotating until Edler gets injured again. (or Somebody gets traded)

What a cynic!  That's just what Bullis said.  He's only up because somebody has to be.  It's more to do with Weircoich reaching the end of his waiver free period (10 games or 30 days).

At this rate, they'll never know what they've got.

If only we had 3 Tanev's.  Our D would be great.  :P

Archived