Ast 0 Pts 1
+/- 1 PIM 4
Shots 4 SPCT 25.0
PPG 0 PPA 0
SHG 0 SHA 0
GWG 0 GTG 0

No to both.

These are just knee jerk reactions imo

We really need to start looking further up the line to gain toughness and grit, so that it is combined with a hockey threat. DD was almost a one off in that he was a much better hockey player than many realised. 

Hopefully we will have some young players coming through next season or the season after and I honestly don't see the rush when I look at out top 6 at present. That's where the real push back that matters needs to come from (not necessarily fighting but willing to go if pushed) and it's not there.

Walker claimed so we'll get a good look at him every now and then. I'm not sure if the Canucks were above the Oilers on the waiver wire but it would have been interesting to see if JB thought we could use a bit more grit after losing Dorsett via the waiver wire or if he never even had a chance.

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

Apparently multiple teams put a claim in on Walker, which I'm not surprised by. Edmonton is lower on the waiver wire, so it makes sense they got to select him first. I'm curious to see if Walker will stick with the Oilers or not.

@DownUndaCanuck Waiver position re-sets after Nov. 1st so we're 10th down the line right now. Probably won't get a shot at too many more good players off waivers this year unless we drop fast in the standings. 

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

@DownUndaCanuck Waiver position re-sets after Nov. 1st so we're 10th down the line right now. Probably won't get a shot at too many more good players off waivers this year unless we drop fast in the standings. 

I hope we wind up 31st in the waiver standings for the duration of preseason and October next year.

Edmonton - you can add affirmative action Champions to their lottery Champions distinction.  City of "Champions" alright.

Walker only makes it to 3rd on the waiver wire - no real surprise there.   Would have had to been passed by a dozen teams to land in Van.

If Goldobin is getting an extended look there may not be much opportunity for him here regardless.

But hate seeing Edmonton get any assets for free - they should have a ten year ban from the lottery and the waiver wire.

Archived