The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Predators re-sign Yannick Weber, Matt Irwin, Anthony Bitetto

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

makes the depth D less attractive to be picked up on waiver movements too 

Not quite sure what you mean? Do you mean Nashville isn't as likely to pick up depth D on the waiver wire because they have solid depth of their own on cheap contracts? Or that if they have to put somebody on waivers no other team is likely to pick them up?

2 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Not quite sure what you mean? Do you mean Nashville isn't as likely to pick up depth D on the waiver wire because they have solid depth of their own on cheap contracts? Or that if they have to put somebody on waivers no other team is likely to pick them up?

i think he means they are less likely to be claimed as they have 2 years of one way money. that shys most teams away.

13 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

lets say Nashville wants to send one of these guys down to the AHL they are much less likely to get lost to waivers if they are on longer term deals. 

7 minutes ago, coryberg said:

i think he means they are less likely to be claimed as they have 2 years of one way money. that shys most teams away.

I'm not sure I agree. They're on league minimum contracts and 2 years isn't terrible term. One way contracts are not a big deal, especially since I don't see Weber or Irwin being ok with spending time in the minors. They would probably bolt to another league before going to the AHL.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

lets say Nashville wants to send one of these guys down to the AHL they are much less likely to get lost to waivers if they are on longer term deals. 

Just now, Vanuckles said:

I'm not sure I agree. They're on league minimum contracts and 2 years isn't terrible term. One way contracts are not a big deal, especially since I don't see Weber or Irwin being ok with spending time in the minors. They would probably bolt to another league before going to the AHL.

37 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

So with these signings where is Trevor Murphy going to develop and fit ?

Think he lost the camp battle with Irwin & Weber twice now?

Probably going to be lapped by Allard as well, soon unless he turns it on.  

1 hour ago, Vanuckles said:

Actually it does deter GMs from claiming if they are on 2 year deals. And if they get waived, they have to go to minors whether they like it or not, that's the point of a contract.

Archived