The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour - Larry Brooks - Max Domi

Podz92

2 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

I think it's just Chayka and the mathlete culture he's built with that team. His team is a disaster all around, and its not like they have bad players.

Get Domi in a Canadian market and it'll jump start him game one.

Where is the poster that was defending Chayka the other day. Wanting Chayka over JB?! Lol.

Jimbo needs to go for this one! This should almost be priority #1 , considering Arizona will probably get the 1st pick plus they have Oliver Eckman Larson , that's if they don't trade him ,& if that's the game plan they will probably want some up front talent, I'm sure we got a couple prospects we can put on the hook & see if they bite or not. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Personally I like Domi but he has had a off year. I'm still very interested. Arizona is a disaster period.

I wouldn't want to sell the farm for him so thats why I'd be fine for a Hutton + [something not a 1st or 2nd] unless we hear something else about him that makes is a hard no. 

We also may not have the pieces math boy GM wants. 

1 hour ago, komodo0921 said:

Arizona is a mess.

It seems nobody there knows anything about defense, including the coaching staff.

I don't know that I want to touch anything there. 

Max has all the offensive talent to be a star but there's no commitment to play all two hundred feet of the ice. For a team that preaches dedication to playing a complete game, Domi poses a problem.

There's no doubt we could use more offense. But Vancouver management has committed to a team concept that, when completed, will be very strong for a long time. 

Under this concept, I don't see Domi as a fit. 

For this reason, I'd pass.

Well the problem with The Edmonton’s and the Arizona’s is that they injected too much youth too fast.

kids don’t understand the need for the consistency of compete level where the vets setting an example and having the ability to sprinkle them in your lineup is important.

The most impressive thing you can see in the Canucks is that when we’re down 2-0 early in the game like in the Tampa game they don’t pack it in. They play more aggressive and with more fight.

arizona and Edmonton teams would just pack it in or more likely lose focus on the defensive details.

if we get Domi we’d be integrating him in to our system and he’d have our leadership core to fall back on.

onto the player I’d make a play for domi guy is pretty gritty which could be valuable for our team and may make guddy more expendable in the eyes of management.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wouldn't want to sell the farm for him so thats why I'd be fine for a Hutton + [something not a 1st or 2nd] unless we hear something else about him that makes is a hard no. 

We also may not have the pieces math boy GM wants. 

He traded Duclair for pretty cheap.

On 2/4/2018 at 11:05 AM, aGENT said:

Kane, Pettersson, Boeser 

Domi, Horvat, Lind

Dahlen, Gaudette, Virtanen

Gadjovich, Gaunce, MacEwen 

*drool*

That top 9 looks tantalizing to me..

I agree with the line combo of Dahlen and gaudette have a feeling their games will compliment each other well 

2 minutes ago, goblix said:

Well the problem with The Edmonton’s and the Arizona’s is that they injected too much youth too fast.

kids don’t understand the need for the consistency of compete level where the vets setting an example and having the ability to sprinkle them in your lineup is important.

The most impressive thing you can see in the Canucks is that when we’re down 2-0 early in the game like in the Tampa game they don’t pack it in. They play more aggressive and with more fight.

arizona and Edmonton teams would just pack it in or more likely lose focus on the defensive details.

if we get Domi we’d be integrating him in to our system and he’d have our leadership core to fall back on.

onto the player I’d make a play for domi guy is pretty gritty which could be valuable for our team and may make guddy more expendable in the eyes of management.

If Domi had a history that showed an ability to play a two-way game, I'd agree.

But the fact is, he's never been known for any kind of defense and also has discipline issues. 

There's been nothing, thus far, in his young career to suggest ability for change.

I still say pass.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

So is Ben Hutton our Richard Panik? 

Yes haha honestly - domis value will never be lower 

I would go Hutton and Goldobin for Domi and a pick if we could squeeze the pick out.

Hutton has shown flashes of potential, but doesn't seem to fit Greens plans, and I just have a gut feeling Goldobin won't succeed here and a low pressure marker like zona could be better for him for an opportunity  

Archived