The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] STL Blues Interested in Senators Mike Hoffman and Derick Brassard

Rush17

24 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

He's still got lots in the tank. He's going to have a long off season this year and will come back strong, similar to stamkos.  No way Karlsson is done, just an off year.

and you know that for sure ?

you are medically trained and have reviewed all his medical charts?

i kinda think you are just wearing rose coloured glasses

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Hard to see the Sens being interested in Berglund or Sobotka knowing they've blown it all up and need to recoup some youth.  And Fabbri IIRC is still out with that knee issue

I'm not entirely sure who they have to give

Yup. Not to mention Sobotka has been a playoff beast in the past - not sure why he'd be a guy they'd move out.

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

that trade appeared to kill the team's drive this season

that says a lot about duchene.. look how well avs played after he was dumped

and look how well kyle turris has played for the predators

the clearest thing about that trade is how badly ottawa undervalued turris (and of course, the corollary, how badly they overvalued duchene) - turns out turris for duchene would have been an overpayment by ottawa

It really seems like Duchene isn't a well liked guy. Colorado had a positive explosion soon after his trade and Ottawa seemed to get worse. There was a report a few weeks ago that he whined a ton about MacKinnon's ice time. On then other hand, Turris seems like a great team player and fits in Nashville without issue. 

Hoffman seems like the real catch here. Out of lol the Senators players he'd be the one id what to keep the most. It seems his name has been tagged around a lot lately. I'm curious what this change up will look like for the Senators.

How much better is Brassard compared to Sutter? In my mind I kind of have them similar.  Suppose Brassard may have more points maybe but Sutter has a history of scoring some pretty clutch goals. Great overtime player for sure.

OTT should raze it to the ground. They finish with a top-10 pick this yr(thus, their 2019 1st goes to dirty Avs). For optics, they'd best land a 2019 1st(or 2?), within the returning stockpile.

To StLoo - Hoffman

CBJ - Brassard

biddin war(maybe Dallas?) - Karlsson

CAL - Zack Smith

PITT - JP Pageau

If their fanbase can endure the 1992-93 campaign, they can endure ANYTHING(for those will the memory!)

That lil' sh*t Duchene should keep his mouth clammed, near media. Better give'em all he has for a decade, cos' that deal is brutal.

Whatta' scam that the city of Lost Wages is 5 yrs ahead(the big cycle) of established teams like the Sens. Fr**ken league sold out, as per usual.

2 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I'm a gambler

Gambling machines involve the chance of being paid out more than you put in. Are we really being paid out more than we'd put in in this case?

While I'd love of see Karlsson here, the price has to be one that considers his injury.

2 hours ago, richado said:

It really seems like Duchene isn't a well liked guy. Colorado had a positive explosion soon after his trade and Ottawa seemed to get worse. There was a report a few weeks ago that he whined a ton about MacKinnon's ice time. On then other hand, Turris seems like a great team player and fits in Nashville without issue. 

He might be a good fit on mcdavids wing.  Maybe flip Duchene for the Nuge +

4 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

If we get lucky and win the lottery I would trade Juolevi Gaudette our 2019 first and retain salary on Loui Eriksson for Erik Karlsson

Karlsson Tanev

Edler Dahlin

Gudbranson Stecher

If we win lottery, we don't need Karlsson. I think you really just need one elite defenceman to win as long as you have good supplementary defence corps. Juolevi is going to be a top 3 defenceman. Gaudette has high potential, and at this moment, one of the candidates for the 2nd line center role. 2019 first could still be in the top 15, maybe top 10 or higher even if we get Karlsson. I mean, Ottawa sucks with Karlsson and can we honestly say that we have a better team than them? Depending on factors such as is Karlsson going to adapt right away? how is goaltending going to look like? Is Demko ready? Will the Sedins be back for one more year? Is EP and Dahlen ready? Injuries and etc. Bottom line is that the team is not deep enough yet to guarantee that 2019 first round pick will not be a top 10 pick. We are not done rebuilding so we shouldn't trade away our first round pick.

Archived