The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Still not sure about the coach

snucks

I'm still not sure or happy with the Canucks coach, but this season is a learning experience for him. He must know now what needs to happen. He must in next season change what he needs to change, but he may still be handcuffed by senior management. The concept of becoming a fast skilled team which kind of abandons toughness and just tolerates injuries and bad officiating, while losing games and players, must be changed by the coach. I have not given up on Green yet, but expect a different bench boss next season. He must change the minds of upper management, and push a different direction. I think Green needs to become a little more like Iron Mike, Scotty Bowman, or Torts .

Green was a blue collar player, so expect a similar team.  Remember when the team went in straight lines and smashed at the start of the season.  Ya, that is his identity.  For whatever reason, through injury, through habit, or through defiance, the team identity changed over this season.  Expect Green and Benning to cut the chaff that will not play his style.

6 minutes ago, snucks said:

I'm still not sure or happy with the Canucks coach, but this season is a learning experience for him. He must know now what needs to happen. He must in next season change what he needs to change, but he may still be handcuffed by senior management. The concept of becoming a fast skilled team which kind of abandons toughness and just tolerates injuries and bad officiating, while losing games and players, must be changed by the coach. I have not given up on Green yet, but expect a different bench boss next season. He must change the minds of upper management, and push a different direction. I think Green needs to become a little more like Iron Mike, Scotty Bowman, or Torts .

Maybe you need to 

A. Stop watching hockey
B. Cheer for Chicago
C. Cheer for Columbus

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Green was a blue collar player, so expect a similar team.  Remember when the team went in straight lines and smashed at the start of the season.  Ya, that is his identity.  For whatever reason, through injury, through habit, or through defiance, the team identity changed over this season.  Expect Green and Benning to cut the chaff that will not play his style.

Sedins don't play a straight forward, blue collar game. Until the Sedins are gone, this team cannot move on from their influence. Maybe if the Sedins are gone, Edler will waive. There's still a couple of players here that have a lot of complacency, and they are players who are put into key positions.

Honestly I would take a 3rd round pick for Edler if we can also toss in Eriksson without retention.

7 minutes ago, VanGnome said:

Sedins don't play a straight forward, blue collar game. Until the Sedins are gone, this team cannot move on from their influence. Maybe if the Sedins are gone, Edler will waive. There's still a couple of players here that have a lot of complacency, and they are players who are put into key positions.

Honestly I would take a 3rd round pick for Edler if we can also toss in Eriksson without retention.

I'd do that. 

Anyway, to the OP: Our coach is fine.  He demands uptempo play, and that will be exactly how we want to play when our slower, older guys are gone and the young speedy guys come in. We've been through a lot of coaches lately, and I'm pretty confident at this point the coach is not the problem at all.  The problem (besides many key injuries) is that we're just not that good of a team.  We're too slow and not as talented as we need to be - but don't worry... that's coming soon.

18 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

giphy.gif

The Delorian can do the Crosby Run in 12 parsecs. Green should tell guys to score more goals. Henrik should shave more. Leipsic should shave less. Something, something and then another thing. Win Stanley Cup next Tuesday.

1 minute ago, Shift-4 said:

The Delorian can do the Crosby Run in 12 parsecs. Green should tell guys to score more goals. Henrik should shave more. Leipsic should shave less. Something, something and then another thing. Win Stanley Cup next Tuesday.

And Boeser needs to eat three hoagies a week to get buff and toned. Markstrom needs to yell less, Stecher needs to bleed more.

All salient points that Benning should know as a GM. Jeeezz!

15 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

This reminds me....

I don't think a coach has been fired this year.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

If I am right that is one crazy anamoly for the NHL.

Not yet.  Apparently it's the first time since '66 - '67 that there have been no coach firings at the half-way point of the season.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/22408073/nhl-why-coaches-fired-yet

1 hour ago, snucks said:

Next time you talk to upper managment, can you ask them if they're planning on drafting d or a forward......pretty sure they will tell jb who to draft.

Archived