The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Canucks Draft-Table" Game *Updated with final results*

TGokou

3 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

2014 - was heavily on the ehlers train --> 3

2015 - remember wanting  Kylington, ill take that L --> 0

2016 - sergachev without any doubt --> 3 ( side note im extatic about the Juolevi pick )

2017 - EP so that him and Dahlen could stay together (never expected him to blow up like he did though) --> 3

2018 - Praying for Dahlin, happy with Boqvist or Bouchard!

Total --> 9

Fun side note, in 2013, i was really hoping we would pick Nichuskin - who was said one day on TSN to be next Malkin-  and when we traded Schneider for just a high pick, i was freaking out and happy as can be. In hindsight I think i've gotten better at armchair drafting over the years, seeing as how our current core is Boeser and Bo. 

EE16FDE2-A2CF-4DEA-BA14-EEAF6396E151.gif

2014 - Was happy we drafted Virtanen (still not disappointed, yet)

2015 - Wanted a defenseman (don't remember who was available (besides Kylington as mentioned by HorvatToBaertchi) but wanted one of them)

2016 - Again wanted a defenseman. I believe I was leaning more towards Chychrun (the previous years' hype) or Sergachev, but was glad we picked a defenseman

2017 - Other posters had me sold on Vilardi (along with highlight vids), but without any real knowledge my only issue with the Petterson pick was his slight frame. Would have probably went with Glass if Vilardi had been taken beforehand

2018 - Would like a high end defenseman again. Boqvist or Bouchard. Either should be fine

Hi guys, thanks to everyone participating so far. Ive noticed a lot of thoughts which is nice, but it would make it a lot easier for me if you guys could edit your posts and add in total amount of points for each player. 

Also you can only draft one player so instead of putting two players names down give me one otherwise I will take the first player listed.

14 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

2014 - Ehlers (3)

2015 - I didn't make my own picks that year

2016 - Tkachuk (3)

2017 - I wanted to trade down to about 10th to take Lias Andersson (plus a pick to go with him).  Then, when Andersson was taken 5 to 10 picks higher than he was projected, I would have taken Owen Tippett (plus used the pick on Heponiemi or, if he was taken, Robertson or Hague).

Almost no one on this board had Pettersson as their pick, it'll be fun to watch everyone here claim they did now.

Thanks for your list but you didn't choose the player you want in this draft

2014: Jake Virtanen (I liked Nylander, but I definitely wanted Jake between the two, 100%)

2015: Roy/Carlo (Can't remember exactly, pretty sure either was fine for me. Know for sure I said Roy at the time.)

2016: Sergachev or Juolevi (I try not get dead set on just one guy as it leaves you open for disappointment.)

2017: Glass/Vilardi (Like the last two drafts I try get 2-3 guys I'd be fine with, preferred Glass though.)

Kinda hard to rank these. Jake can still become a top 6 guy. Juolevi can maybe become a top pairing guy. 2017 literally just happened. My 2015 picks weren't great though. 

Edit: I'd pick my guy this year but it's hard to pick when we don't know where we'll be selecting. Can draft anywhere from 1st to 5th depending on where we finish. If we are selecting 4th with Svechnikov and Zadina gone I guess I am taking Bouchard, play it somewhat safe.

2014 Nylander 3

2015 Boeser I know that sounds like BS but it's true. 3

2016 Tkachuk 3

2017 Vilardi ?2? A month before the draft I wanted Liligrin (sp?) But that changed closer to the draft and Vilardi dropped to us.

2018 Tkachuk not a fan of early 

picks on defenseman unless it's a can't miss. To many defenseman just never turn out when picked early and we can't afford any missed picks in the first round.

Total 11 maybe 12 if Vilardi turns out to be a 3.

2014 - Virtanen 1

2015 - pass 1 (I get little junior hockey in the states past 20 its tough)

2016 - Chychrun 2 (also liked Sergachev and Joulevi)

2017 - Glass 2

2018 - Boqvist

- Best athlete would be my ultimate preference. (Virtanen and Chychrun)

- I would prize an offensive defenseman over anyting at this point though.

2 hours ago, TGokou said:

Thanks for your list but you didn't choose the player you want in this draft

Oh, thanks.  Whoops.  This year is an interesting one...  If we get 4th overall, I don't really like Tkachuk as much as his brother, so it would seem wrong using a higher pick on him (and I'm not too high on Boqvist).  So, I'd try and trade down 4 or 5 spots to take Wahlstrom, Hughes or Dobson.  Then, use the picks I get (thinking mid-2nd and a later pick) on Berggren and Brazeau.

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

2014: Jake Virtanen (I liked Nylander, but I definitely wanted Jake between the two, 100%)

2015: Roy/Carlo (Can't remember exactly, pretty sure either was fine for me. Know for sure I said Roy at the time.)

2016: Sergachev or Juolevi (I try not get dead set on just one guy as it leaves you open for disappointment.)

2017: Glass/Vilardi (Like the last two drafts I try get 2-3 guys I'd be fine with, preferred Glass though.)

Kinda hard to rank these. Jake can still become a top 6 guy. Juolevi can maybe become a top pairing guy. 2017 literally just happened. My 2015 picks weren't great though. 

Edit: I'd pick my guy this year but it's hard to pick when we don't know where we'll be selecting. Can draft anywhere from 1st to 5th depending on where we finish. 

In the rules we are assuming you are picking 4th overall and Dahlin, Svechnikov and Zadina are already taken. You have your choice of the remaining litter. Just pick one guy as I can only give the votes to one.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread. I posted something similar previously but didn’t extrapolate it to consider next year’s draft.

2014 - Ehlers (couldn’t look past his +65 in his draft year) - 3

2015 - Merkley (he might still be a player but ...) - 0

2016 - Tkachuk- 3

2017 - Glass - 2

total - 8

2018 - Tkachuk

Ok, so the final results are in. Based on the results here is how you guys voted:

1. Boqvist

2. Bouchard

3. Tkachuk

4. Hughes

5. Wahlstrom

The voting was close between Boqvist and Bouchard but Boqvist won out by having one additional vote.

Here is where it gets interesting. Of all the voters that participated, the ones that I would deem the "BEST" scouts (ie. the ones that had the highest voting power) voted for Bouchard. If we weighted the number of votes the same, Bouchard would've won out because they had less votes overall but higher voting power average.

Anyways, thanks for playing!

Archived