The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Now and then: CDC

-AJ-

Unfortunately the first time I came here was under tragic circumstances but I joined a couple years later due to sheer boredom and needed a website to read at work since they banned just about every other site. 

Been here since around 2006 I think. Lot has changed since then. I was about 14 or 15 at the time when I first started. I used to post all the time, had a higher post count, then I stopped posting for a few years and when I came back the posts all got removed. Don't really care though haha. Now I normally just read, attempt to hear new rumours and learn about players/prospects. Actually met one of my closest friends on here ironically haha. We randomly chatted, then chatted about EHM over MSN, then hung out. Still, hang out with him to this day, so that's kinda crazy in a way. 

Since I first started, I graduated high school, graduated getting an undergrad and am currently going for my master's degree. 

2 hours ago, Rough Neck said:

Been here since around 2006 I think. Lot has changed since then. I was about 14 or 15 at the time when I first started. I used to post all the time, had a higher post count, then I stopped posting for a few years and when I came back the posts all got removed. Don't really care though haha. Now I normally just read, attempt to hear new rumours and learn about players/prospects. Actually met one of my closest friends on here ironically haha. We randomly chatted, then chatted about EHM over MSN, then hung out. Still, hang out with him to this day, so that's kinda crazy in a way. 

Since I first started, I graduated high school, graduated getting an undergrad and am currently going for my master's degree. 

yea i remember you rofl

What I'm about to say could get me banned, so it was fun while it lasted. Please mods forgive me.

Many of you guys may not be aware cause I never told anyone about this but I joined these forums back in 2013 I believe but got banned due to trolling (I can't remember the usernames). I changed my IP and then came back with this account that I'm going to tag... but be aware, my profile picture alone will already be a dead giveaway as to why I was banned yet again... I was 16-17ish years old at the time. 

@RogerEpic5

I trolled a lot of people, and created fake rumors and trades and what got me banned was on this exact day, July 1st 2014. I created a fake trade and tweet which said that we acquired Corey Perry for someone who I can't remember and I got the banhammer. I tried to create multiple accounts because I was apologetic and wanted to apologize but I just got shut down. So I had to change my IP yet again and start fresh, and here I am ever since. At that time, I found it to be funny and quite amusing, but I look back at it now and it's just so dumb, so pointless, and not even funny in the slightest. 

So then I create this account. Originally TheOddCanuckling and then right around the time of when these boards got a huge revamp is when I decided to change it to Odd. 

If this is my last post, good bye. 

(looking at some of the replies and my grammar back then, ive changed so much LOL)

Oh i was here many years ago. Around 2004. In the white noise. 

Last couple of days i have been Reading in the forums. 

This is my first post for many years ☺

I remember some of the people here: kmad. sinister, D, OFC, Kangaray, scottish canuck, cara, carebear, cookielover... Trigger happy..

On 4/26/2018 at 12:57 PM, -AJ- said:

I was thinking about how long I've been on CDC for and how much it has persevered throughout many years of my life now. I've been on CDC and a lot has changed since I first joined.

I joined CDC in July 2010. Back then, I was 17 and had just finished grade 11. I had just picked up my first job that would eventually last a while, a job as a janitor at an Elementary school to the high school I was attending. Since then, I graduated high school, began a BBA degree at at university, and completed it, taking 5.5 years to do so. I now work full-time as an accountant and just turned 25 a couple months ago. I recently started the CPA education program and am looking to move out on my own soon.

How about you? Some of you have been on here for less time than me, but a lot can change in a few short years. Some of you have been here even longer than I, so I imagine your lives are quite different now.

That's awesome! I'm working on a BBA in accounting right now. I went back to school in 2016 (graduated high school in 2010), it feels great to be back.

How is the CPA programme?

10 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

That's awesome! I'm working on a BBA in accounting right now. I went back to school in 2016 (graduated high school in 2010), it feels great to be back.

How is the CPA programme?

Content-wise, the CPA program pretty heavily emulates what I learned during my BBA; there have been very few new things to learn so far (I'm only in the second module so far). It essentially just asks for a higher level of mastery over the content and requires you to apply the knowledge in case-study scenarios.

In terms of workload, I've found both of the first two modules to be very stressful, as I personally really value my free time and working full time while also doing the CPA program leaves very little free time. For me, I find that the program takes 15-20 hours a week of my time. I'm hoping that I'll enjoy the elective modules more, but we'll see how that goes. In the end, the CPA designation is a very powerful thing to have, so I'm going to keep chugging on.

On 7/1/2018 at 10:47 PM, Odd. said:

What I'm about to say could get me banned, so it was fun while it lasted. Please mods forgive me.

Many of you guys may not be aware cause I never told anyone about this but I joined these forums back in 2013 I believe but got banned due to trolling (I can't remember the usernames). I changed my IP and then came back with this account that I'm going to tag... but be aware, my profile picture alone will already be a dead giveaway as to why I was banned yet again... I was 16-17ish years old at the time. 

@RogerEpic5

I trolled a lot of people, and created fake rumors and trades and what got me banned was on this exact day, July 1st 2014. I created a fake trade and tweet which said that we acquired Corey Perry for someone who I can't remember and I got the banhammer. I tried to create multiple accounts because I was apologetic and wanted to apologize but I just got shut down. So I had to change my IP yet again and start fresh, and here I am ever since. At that time, I found it to be funny and quite amusing, but I look back at it now and it's just so dumb, so pointless, and not even funny in the slightest. 

So then I create this account. Originally TheOddCanuckling and then right around the time of when these boards got a huge revamp is when I decided to change it to Odd. 

If this is my last post, good bye. 

(looking at some of the replies and my grammar back then, ive changed so much LOL)

when i worked with young offenders, then were very immature. interestedly enough, several came back years later. they all remarked how much of jerks they were. we all learn at different times. thanks for the confession. i was immature as a teen, i probably still am. 

I joined June 27, 2014.

Holy smokes, that's a long time ago. That was two days after I graduated high school. Since then, I've gotten a diploma in marketing with Sask. Polytech., discovered Kanye West, worked in the SK government for about 14.5 months (finishing up my term the end of next month), lost religion, discovered Frank Ocean, gotten into three car accidents (only one was my fault), applied to University of Regina for a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, discovered partying, and I've asked three girls on dates and gotten rejected each time :P I've taken up longboarding, given up playing a lot of the video games I used to play, deleted facebook, and moved from vehemently right-wing to passive center-left on the political spectrum.

If the me I was when I joined CDC could see me now, I don't know whether I'd be shocked or amazed :lol:

Well....I started here in 2011, which isn't that long ago, but a lot of miles have passed since then. My Dad passed away, I recovered from my heart attack, regained "most" of my short term memory, had my girl friend move in with me, married my girlfriend, my son got married, my grandson was born, and I retired...……...

In reflection, at 61, I am still a nut bar, but I have more moments of clarity...…….I love the Canucks, and I love CDC (I actually attribute CDC with part of my memory loss recovery....no fooling!) And it has been a privilege to meet such a diverse group of people...….Although, I have never met anyone from CDC, Joe and Alf are people I like, and I certainly respect Rob Zepp….and a lot of others, as a matter of fact. (aka Warhippy...always a good read!) and Deb for her undying love for Burrows.

I hope, we all are around to see the Canucks lift the Stanley Cup! But they had better hurry up!

16 hours ago, MattJVD said:

I lurked here since about the 2010 Olympics, and created my account a year later. I read the forms almost everyday, especially to stay up on prospect news. 

I'm still true to my lurker roots, however, about ~850 posts in 7 and a half years. 

You probably lost a few along the way, too.

I believe I used to run around 12K posts. not sure if it was forum updates or cache dumps.

Whatever it is, Vintage Canuck only seems to get stronger...

I believe my first account was made in 2012. Used to post fake trades like “Sedins to Toronto!” etc. got IP banned multiple times so I used a VPN to lurk until 2014 when I got a new router. I was the “i’m 13 and im scared of an earthquake” kid as well as creator of the terrible trip to India thread. I stopped coming here just because I found reddit which imo has more people within my age group (16), but I regularly check CDC every year around April to late June just to read up on the draft prospects. CDC honestly helped me through some really hard times in my life and made me feel kind of safe. Thanks to everyone here!

• 2 weeks later...

I joined in 2009, my last year of uni back in England.  Used stay up/get up at stupid times to watch games.
Fast forward to now and I've been living in Canada for 6 and a half years and I'm now a citizen.  Crazy how life goes.

Rarely post anymore, but I like to lurk every now and then :)

Archived