Demko

Boeser

Horvat

Virtanen

Gaudette

Lind

Juolevi

Dahlen

Hnnnnnnnnnng  strongest pool this franchise has ever had. 

Future is bright guys.  Future is very very bright.

I’m so glad we didn’t fire Jim after he didn’t draft konecny lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone else think our management might've had Hughes at #3 or #4?

Benning says they had Hughes over Zadina and that after the top two there was "probably one other guy.. or two other guys". Kinda answered the question and caught himself after saying just one. Pure speculation but the "1 guy" was probably Tkachuk, other being Kotkaniemi but they knew he wouldn't be there and they probably still like Hughes more.

Benning said they had him higher, Hayton was the off the board pick before them & they liked Hughes more than Zadina, so. I would not be surprised if they had Hughes #3. 

2 minutes ago, thad said:

Yes I agree and you forgot Brisebois, 6'3, 20 D,   Jasek, 6'1- 20 W, Tryamkin, 6'7, 22, 265lbs

Dipietro G, 19

2 minutes ago, thad said:

Yes i agree

Don't know much about Hughes, but from what I've seen (thanks YouTube) he's a sublime skater with real good offensive instincts. I can see Quinn playing on this team sooner rather than later.

I've said this a few times before, but I really like the team that Big Jim is building. With young guys like Dahlen, EP, Lind, Juolevi, and Gadjovich knocking on the door. Along with players like Bo, Jake, Guddy, and Sutter already on this team, I think that in a couple of years this team will morph into something really special.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Darkstar said:

I've waited 7 years, 7 freaking years, for them to add a puck moving presence to replace Christian Ehrhoff.

They have done that today. This team is finally going to take that next step into becoming an elite hockey team once again.

I can't be any happier.

Amen to that.  Your one of those few people that saw the ehrhoff effect.  Looking at 15 -20 extra points on top off boesers, petterssons projected yearly stats.  Gonna be a game changer for all that additional offensive ice time that will be available to them.

asking for a lot, hoping juolevi,Hughes will be our keith/sea brook combo.

20 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

So stoked for this pick

Hughes

Pettersson

Demko

Boeser

Horvat

Virtanen

Gaudette

Lind

Juolevi

Dahlen

Hnnnnnnnnnng  strongest pool this franchise has ever had. 

Future is bright guys.  Future is very very bright.

You forgot 5 players , Briesbois 20, 6'3, Jasek 21, 6'1, Gadjovic 20, 6'2,  Dipietro G, 19, Tryamkin D, 6'7,

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

I really can't believe he fell to us. This is nuts!

Was at the folks house for a family bbq during the draft, was streaming on my phone. Twice my brother and I looked at eachother and said "wtf?", then Hughes was still on the board at 7.. 

We were both biting our lip, kinda confused because we both figured Hughes was a guaranteed top 5.

But he slid

And JB picked him

And it was a huge happy WTF from the Lager Bro's!

I immediately chugged my beer, hook shot the empty into the bin and it was high 5's all around! 

Hells bells, we stole another pick! Unreal. Loving how stoked JB is! 

This is awesome for us. I really hope he develops into the player I think he can be. We've never had a bonafide #1, never. Sorry Ohlund, but we haven't. 

I had him #4 on my draft board behind Dahlin, Svech and Zadina. I'm estatic.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I don’t know if it was mentioned but when asked what player he could most see himself turning out like he replied “ Vancouver may not like this cause they played him a lot , but, Duncan Keith , lol I think we’d be ok with that ;) 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Touché but remember all the excuses how McDavid was at the end of a shift lol, if speed kills we’re looking like a prominent club 

That was Virtanen who said that. After stupid journalist was baiting him into acting like he was better than Jesus because he won a foot race.

Edited by hammertime