Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

We could seriously have finalists for the Calder the next 2 years. Hoglander and Rathbone 2021 and Podz 2022

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

We could seriously have finalists for the Calder the next 2 years. Hoglander and Rathbone 2021 and Podz 2022

I thought Hoglander was not going to be playing in North America in 2021.

On 7/15/2020 at 12:32 PM, SergioMomesso said:

I know Hoglander and Rathbone are fan faves, but I would be very, very supposed if either of those guys had Calder caliber rookie seasons.  Podkolzin maybe but I don’t know that he’s the offensive dynamo to put up the kind of numbers required.

All potentially very good players but I don’t know they’re in the same league as Brock, Petey and Quinn. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-Dizzle said:

I know Hoglander and Rathbone are fan faves, but I would be very, very supposed if either of those guys had Calder caliber rookie seasons.  Podkolzin maybe but I don’t know that he’s the offensive dynamo to put up the kind of numbers required.

All potentially very good players but I don’t know they’re in the same league as Brock, Petey and Quinn. 

Agreed. Having the three straight rookies we've had is almost unheard of. We're likely to get 2nd, 1st, and at least 2nd in Calder voting for three consecutive years, which is unbelievable.

• Hydration 1

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

633FBCFA-91F4-49D9-B0D2-AF872DD6C59E.jpeg.6b8422bcfab206e7c95887490e2468e5.jpeg

That is awesome!!

This kid is freaking great.  Thanks JB!!

I am gonna go read his draft thread again (the first 10 pages haha).

• Like 1

Holy crap Huggy Bear was good today. Started the series off a little slow, but really was absolutely elite today. He was all over the ice and just seemed to dominate play whenever he was out there.

4 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’ve only caught a couple periods of the Avs games, but Makar is Makar. He’s really good.

He hasn’t been Huggy level good, however. Hughes has looked like the best defense man in the entire NHL these past couple games. 

Actually, scratch the “looked like” and “past couple games.” 

Hughes has simply been the best defenseman in the entire NHL so far this postseason.

As far as the stats go, Makar has one goal, 7 shots, in two games and has averaged 21:42 TOI/G (the most of any Avalanche skater).

In comparison, Hughes leads all NHL defensemen in points, points/game, and assists, is 5th in scoring for all NHL skaters (including forwards), has scored 6 points in 4GP, and averaged 24:11 TOI/G (the most of any Canuck skater).

Seriously; Is there anything this kid can't do?

Everyone had the feeling he was going to be good but, I didn't think he'd be controlling games like this this early in his career.

Mr. Norris, meet Quinn Hughes.

Hughes is an absolute gem. For a rookie to be the best defenseman in the entire league so far these playoffs is a spectacular feat. He just HAS to win the Calder. It would be an injustice if he didn't.

1 hour ago, Battlemonger said:

Hughes is an absolute gem. For a rookie to be the best defenseman in the entire league so far these playoffs is a spectacular feat. He just HAS to win the Calder. It would be an injustice if he didn't.

Alas, playoff stats won't boost his resume as the voting has already been finished. Regardless, even if he doesn't beat Makar, he's dramatically outplayed Makar so far in these playoffs, so he has that going for him.

• Hydration 3

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Alas, playoff stats won't boost his resume as the voting has already been finished. Regardless, even if he doesn't beat Makar, he's dramatically outplayed Makar so far in these playoffs, so he has that going for him.

That's all that matters.  That last game was a sight to behold.  Watching him work his way through traffic WITH contact... So much confidence.  Just so AMAZING and just the beginning.

When we got Boeser and watched his rookie year and Calder finalist, I was overjoyed to finally see a solid piece of the future in place beyond Horvat.  Then Petey was drafted.  Watched him take the league by storm and win the Calder.  How could it get any better right?!  Franchise center wow!!!  Then we draft Hughes a year later... I wasn't sure he was the best choice but I understood he definitely dropped to us so I get when management went for him.  And now... After last night's game I'm thinking... This guy is already the best player on this team... Which I can't even believe in saying... BUT come even as early as next year top 2 or 3 in the entire league... And just getting better.  Man just wow.  Sooo happy to finally get players of high end hall of fame caliber on our team and still so young!

I just don't understand... Despite management mistakes... How could any canuck fan be upset or want Benning gone?  I mean, Podkolzin and Hoglander aren't even here yet.  Rathbone isn't either.  Juolevi is just starting and looks good... AND though we could have drafted Tkachuk...  He's elite in talent but lacks in quality character no thanks we already had one of those in Kesler. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Quinn Hughes>Bobby Orr

Change my mind

Keep this quote... Pull it out in 3 or 4 years... I'm hopefully it ages well!!!!

51 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Quinn Hughes>Bobby Orr

Change my mind

Not gonna try to change your mind. ;) 

Orr rookie season: 41 points in 61 games (0.67 points per game)

Hughes rookie season: 53 points in 68 games (0.78 points per game)

Orr first 4 postseason games: 2 points (0.50 points per game)

Hughes first 4 postseason games: 6 points (1.50 points per game)

• Thanks 1