Baertschi-Sutter-Granlund

Goldobin-gagne-Eriksson

Leipsic-Gaudette-Virtanen

Edler-Stecher

Hughes-Tanev

MDZ-Gud

Markstrom

Demko

It was hard putting forwards together, the roster is so messed up right now. These are the forward lines I like the most for chemistry, player type and keeping the young guys with skill with some creative players.

1 hour ago, erkayloomeh said:

I don't see a fit for gagne on this team. 

Is he worth anything on the market?  

I don't think goldobin will be good enough 

There's a lot of question marks going into next season. 

I hope we're quiet on the ufa front for this very reason. There's a lot of sorting out to do with our young players. I'm expecting our lineup to, again look a lot different in 2019-2020.

I'm expecting, at least, a couple roster players to be moved or be on the move as free agents by then.

There's going to be a lot of competition for spots as it is. 

Hughes has said he feels he's ready now. A good pre-season may prove him right. 

I'm very excited to see how it all shakes out.

11 hours ago, smithers joe said:

i see it...

pettersson...horvat...boeser

granlund...sutter...ericksson

leipsic...gaudette...virtanen

gaunce...beagle...motte

edler...gudbranson

juolevi...tanev

del zotto...stecher

markstrom...demko

that leaves...gagner...baertschi...goldobin...hutton...pouliot 

pettersson/baertschi...beagle/gagner...granlund/goldobin...juolevi/hutton,pouliot...demko/nilsson

Gaudette, Motte and Juolevi will likely start in Untica, imo

I just don't see how Hughes isn't on the team.

Regardless of everything else, Jim is over the moon with this pick and wants to show off his shiny new toy, and he knows he will excite the fans each and every night displaying his elite talent and speed.  Because of this I now see OJ starting in Utica [especially with his injury setback], which will leave some time to sort things out with trades and injuries.

What are they going to say to Hughes, you need another year or two to bulk up and grow a few inches?

10 hours ago, wildcam said:

Canucks will be making a trade involving .

Tanev -- trade to Tor, NYI, Tampa

Beartchi -- Young prospect in return or late 2nd rounder..

Gaunce, Gagne, Nilsson in package trades..

Hughes will make Canucks team for sure, adds speed and will play 50 games

Juolevi will play 50 games..

Pettersson makes team 45 points..

Oh Oh

Who is replacing the 100+ points of the Sedins?

We will be at the bottom again if we don't

I agree trade Baer while you can get something

We need to change our defence look bigtime

Tanev may be worth more to the Canucks if his health has scared others from giving good value in return

Gaunce, Gagne and Nilsson wont fetch much of value, but clear up space for others

45 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Oh Oh

Who is replacing the 100+ points of the Sedins?

We will be at the bottom again if we don't

I agree trade Baer while you can get something

We need to change our defence look bigtime

Tanev may be worth more to the Canucks if his health has scared others from giving good value in return

Gaunce, Gagne and Nilsson wont fetch much of value, but clear up space for others

They will sign a UFA or make a trade..

Maybe a Gaudett 40 points or Pettersson  45 points, surprises everyone..

Hughes will make the team for sure...

Just now, wildcam said:

They will sign a UFA or make a trade..

Maybe a Gaudett 40 points or Pettersson  45 points, surprises everyone..

Hughes will make the team for sure...

Jake 17 G - 38 points..Jake is going to have a good year...

My mildly realistic lineup would be:

Trade Tanev+Baertschi for Tyler Johnson and Koekkoek (Tampa is in cos trouble and needs to move Johnson before July 1st and his NTC kicks in)

Trade Sutter+Hutton for a top 6 LW with some size and grit.

Sign UFA Beagle

XX Return for Sutter-Horvat-Boeser

Erikkson-Johnson-Petterson

Goldobin-Beagle-Virtanen

Leipsic-Gaudette-Granlund

Motte-Gagner

Edler-Stecher

Hughes/Juolevi-Gudbranson

Koekkoek-Pouliot

Del Zotto-Biega

Good PK pairings of

Beagle-Virtanen/Granlund

Eriksson-Johnson

Petterson-Horvat-Boeser

Eriksson-Sutter-Grandlund

Dahlin-Gaudette-Virtanen 

Liepsic-Beagle-motte

Edler-Guddy

Juolevi-Tanev

Zotto-Stech 

Would like to see Beagle signed to help take some defensive responsibility away from Horvat unit.

Gaud line shelter ozone minutes

(Wishful thinking most likely as I can see both Dahlin and Gaud starting for the Utica.)

Not 100% on defence. Hughes may or may not start up with big club. His WHC stint proved he can play well against nhl caliber players. Not sure what the nature of the Juolevi injury. If he’s good to go I think he makes the squad for a minimum 10 game stint.  

The market will be very slow for the players we want to move because gms feel they can sign guys or are optimistic about their own prospects so they don’t have to lose picks. The time to deal was trade deadline and we missed the boat. Probably gonna have to waive some good pieces this year. Management wants to rebuild while holding onto all their worthwhile vets.

Just stack Utica next season, F’k  the Canucks hope they lose , so next year we have the best odds of getting Jack Hughes in the draft.

To Utica Comets- Quinn Hughes, Petterson, Juolevi, Dahlin, Gaudette, Lukas Jasek, T Demko 

go Comets go

2019-2020 season

Hopefully with Jack Hughes + Tryamkin will be back 

Go Canucks Go

Spend on FA sure.... but no long term contracts that another team wouldn’t want.   Just don’t overpay....  making room isn’t possible with a team of Gagnes and Erikssons

future of the the team is skilled and fast.   Like a second coming of out 2010 team only better - haha that remains to be seen of course - but potentially (the 2010 best players weren’t fast)

cant get skill and speed in FA for a reasonable price.... do we really need anyone from FA?  Would be smart to sign guys with extra cap space just so we can trade them for assets or picks at the deadline...  assuming this season is a write off.   Hopefully the last season like this!!!!  But probably we have 2 more...   this is the last one if we can win the effing lottery for once

Watch for a much faster up tempo team this year.  Also watch for a better team in their own end 5 on 5.  The Sedins were great players, but most of their points were on the PP and their 5 on 5 play in their own end was really hurting the team.  With better depth on D, some strong talent coming up and players more capable in their own end I think we'll be seeing some better results.  I don't think JB will have any blockbuster trades or signings this Summer.  We already have some top notch talent coming up the development pipe.

I think we'll see Pettersson and Hughes in the line up.  They are too good to not be there.  Stecher should be a good mentor for Hughes to show him how to play defense against the big guys in the Pacific division.  Offensively, I think he'll show flashes of brilliance, but it will take a season or two to really shine.  Pettersson I expect to jump right in and be a drop in replacement for a Sedin but with less defensive liability.  Dahlen also has a shot at making the team out of camp.  No idea who he displaces.  We have a lot of pieces right now, although possibly not all the right pieces.  It will be an interesting chess game for TG to put the right pieces on the ice and I can't wait for the puck to drop.  Juolevi is better than most here think.  He's probably 50/50 to make the team out of the gate, but the starting D roster is pretty jammed up right now and that's a good thing.

20 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Not sure why McEneny, and to a lesser extent, Sautner get no love on CDC. McEneny is possibly better than both Pouliot and Hutton ( last year's version ).

because he was injured for most of last year and that's a surefire way to get disrespect here

3 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

Watch for a much faster up tempo team this year.  Also watch for a better team in their own end 5 on 5.  The Sedins were great players, but most of their points were on the PP and their 5 on 5 play in their own end was really hurting the team.  With better depth on D, some strong talent coming up and players more capable in their own end I think we'll be seeing some better results.  I don't think JB will have any blockbuster trades or signings this Summer.  We already have some top notch talent coming up the development pipe.

I think we'll see Pettersson and Hughes in the line up.  They are too good to not be there.  Stecher should be a good mentor for Hughes to show him how to play defense against the big guys in the Pacific division.  Offensively, I think he'll show flashes of brilliance, but it will take a season or two to really shine.  Pettersson I expect to jump right in and be a drop in replacement for a Sedin but with less defensive liability.  Dahlen also has a shot at making the team out of camp.  No idea who he displaces.  We have a lot of pieces right now, although possibly not all the right pieces.  It will be an interesting chess game for TG to put the right pieces on the ice and I can't wait for the puck to drop.  Juolevi is better than most here think.  He's probably 50/50 to make the team out of the gate, but the starting D roster is pretty jammed up right now and that's a good thing.

I think we see Hughes, Juolevi, Dahlen and gaudette in Utica, maybe Motte as well as he is waiver exempt

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think we see Hughes, Juolevi, Dahlen and gaudette in Utica, maybe Motte as well as he is waiver exempt

What's your argument for Hughes not making the team out of camp?  Also Gaudette - he didn't look out of place at the end of the season here.  I'd say unless Hutton busted his butt over the Summer he's more likely to be sent down and possibly picked up off waivers based on his extended sophomore and beyond slump.

2 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

What's your argument for Hughes not making the team out of camp?  Also Gaudette - he didn't look out of place at the end of the season here.  I'd say unless Hutton busted his butt over the Summer he's more likely to be sent down and possibly picked up off waivers based on his extended sophomore and beyond slump.

Hughes is waiver exempt, so they don't have to risk losing depth by sending a Biega/Hutton to the Comets.  Plus, how is it going to hurt him?  If he comes in and wows everyone, fine.  Gaudette looked promising, but is very very raw and the quotes I've read lead me to believe that they're not sold on AG being in Van next season.  Why not let AG play a bigger, more offensive role in Utica, rather than very limited mins and role in Van?

Why would they just offer Hutton up to a team for free?

Archived