The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Philip Holm signs with Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod (KHL)

2 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Chances are Leipsic gets waived to start this year anyway so maybe a wash on the trade.

Why would Leipsic be waived? He had 9 points in 14 games with the Canucks and looked pretty good on the roster. The player that will be waived is Tyler Motte. I expect Leipsic to be on the 2nd/3rd line for right now coming out of training camp unless dark horses like Lukas Jasek, Petrus Palmu, and/or Jonathan Dahlen force GMJB's hand and force him to waive/move some guys.

3 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Why would Leipsic be waived? He had 9 points in 14 games with the Canucks and looked pretty good on the roster. The player that will be waived is Tyler Motte. I expect Leipsic to be on the 2nd/3rd line for right now coming out of training camp unless dark horses like Lukas Jasek, Petrus Palmu, and/or Jonathan Dahlen force GMJB's hand and force him to waive/move some guys.

Tyler motte is waiver exempt to start the year. He will be waiver eligible after playing 1 nhl regular season game.

4 hours ago, The Lock said:

How is Torpedo any different from names like Avalanche, Lightning, and Hurricanes?

I'm not sure I'm as smart as an 8th grader, but I'm guessing the difference is that a Torpedo is man-made.  Ie Buffalo, Edmonton, Toronto....

The others are 'acts of God' / nature - ie Vancouver.

27 minutes ago, Quantum said:

If Pettersson plays which I think is very likely the Canucks are gonna have to waive a couple players.

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Pettersson Sutter Virtanen

Eriksson Ganger Granlund

Roussel Beagle Schaller

So that leaves an extra roster spot for one forward. Goldobin, Leipsic and Gaunce I think are in a fight.

Schaller is to start the year on the IR so that buys some time but 2 of those three names I mentioned are probably getting waived.

6 hours ago, Odd. said:

Dang, he looked quite promising, just didnt have the chance. Oh well, good luck.

Certainly no complaints for acquiring Leipsic though ::D

When did he look promising? He was given a shot on 2 different teams. Played 63 AHL games. Pretty decent sample size. Decent offensive numbers but he was a liability in his own end.

53 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

If Pettersson plays which I think is very likely the Canucks are gonna have to waive a couple players.

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Pettersson Sutter Virtanen

Eriksson Ganger Granlund

Roussel Beagle Schaller

So that leaves an extra roster spot for one forward. Goldobin, Leipsic and Gaunce I think are in a fight.

Schaller is to start the year on the IR so that buys some time but 2 of those three names I mentioned are probably getting waived.

Gagner can be waived, as can Gaunce in the event of a healthy lineup.  With the way Leipsic was able to develop chemistry with whoever he played with last year, along with his ability to hound puck-carriers and generate offense, I don't think he's someone you move to make room.  If anything, you move someone else to make a spot for him. 

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Gagner can be waived, as can Gaunce in the event of a healthy lineup.  With the way Leipsic was able to develop chemistry with whoever he played with last year, along with his ability to hound puck-carriers and generate offense, I don't think he's someone you move to make room.  If anything, you move someone else to make a spot for him. 

One dimensional Gaunce appears to be the odd man out, Leipsic's multifaceted skills and gamesmanship gives coach Green far more options in a game than what Guance can provide.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Signing] Philip Holm signs with Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod (KHL)

Archived