The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

On 10/28/2018 at 3:22 PM, BlueDragon23 said:

We are cursed. The amount of injuries we get every year is becoming ridiculous. It’s frustrating because we can actually be competitive when 100% healthy, but I guess that’s too much to ask.... :(

Look at a few of the better teams we have played.

Did well against Tampa

Got run out of the rink against Winnipeg and Washington

Got beat up by Vegas even though we won.

That right there is the final 4 playoff teams.

Tampa looks like the only one that we could come out of a 4 games series alive.

I think teams buying into the NHL mantra - Younger-Smaller-Faster will end up fodder in the playoffs

1 hour ago, lmm said:

Did well against Tampa

I think teams buying into the NHL mantra - Younger-Smaller-Faster will end up fodder in the playoffs

Fair enough. I think I was going for playoff competitive not Cup. We’ve got a ways to go till then. 

12 minutes ago, Provost said:

Well no worry about getting to play the kids... there are a crap ton of open roster spots... but I wonder if we are going to see Gagner return unexpectedly as another centre.

Was just gonna ask this question. At least if Gags returned & played decent, it's no longer 3 mill AAV flushed down the loo...

6 hours ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Fair enough. I think I was going for playoff competitive not Cup. We’ve got a ways to go till then. 

yes but what is the point of building a team that gets smoked in the playoffs?

it not like you can get there then trade for bigger players

BRING UP GAUNCE OR BOUCHER FOR NOW...ON THE BACKEND THEY CAN BRING UP ANOTHER ROOKIE FOR INSURANCE...GOOD TO HAVE INJURIES NOW I GUESS..BETTER THAN LATER..PART OF THE GAME ...I THINK WE SHOULD BRING IN A BANGER CRASHER TYPE..ROUSELL IS OK BUT WE NEED ONE THAT WILL CAUSE SOME STIR UPS BUT NOT PENALTIES..CHANGE THEIR STYLE FOR A WHILE AND MORE BAGING CRASHING..CANT GET ANY WORSE FOR INJURIES..

8 hours ago, Wilfred said:

Just brutal man. It's still October and we're missing Sutter, who was having a great start to the season. Baertschi, Nilsson, and Tanev & Edler who were both also having great starts. It's just unbelievable.

Don’t forget Beagle, so theoretically we are missing our two best defensive forwards. This just can’t be a string of bad luck anymore when it’s year after year after year. Not even funny.

5DB7907C-5A25-40BF-94CC-A67FFCD0BEEA.gif

13 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Don’t forget Beagle, so theoretically we are missing our two best defensive forwards. This just can’t be a string of bad luck anymore when it’s year after year after year. Not even funny.

5DB7907C-5A25-40BF-94CC-A67FFCD0BEEA.gif

Add to that. I hear Boucher and Gaunce are injured in Utica?

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

Add to that. I hear Boucher and Gaunce are injured in Utica?

Annnnnd DEMKO still has concussion symptoms which is why Backman is up and not our goalie of the future isn’t called up. That’s already four players with concussions this year already! Petey,Rousell,Baer and Demko:(

15 hours ago, lmm said:

Did well against Tampa

I'm starting to get into the belief that there are teams who consistently get injuries and the ones who constantly don't. Maybe it's the style the Canucks play, or maybe the coaches have failed to teach players how to get out of certain situations or whatever. Instead of reviewing tapes on how to score goals, they should be reviewing how to modify plays to give the best results while minimizing the chances of injury. 

It could be that for this team to win they have to constantly outwork their opponent with high intensity flat out hustle. I don’t think the penguins or the capitals have to play that hard to win , they have the personnel in place that allows them to play a more relaxed game.

Archived