-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 08, 2018

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Dogswolly... Nonsense.

Pettersson was not intimidated, he has never shown any sign he is unwilling to play in the rough areas.

He was tired and having an off night... nothing to do with intimidation.

And even when he had an off night, he still managed to put up a point.

As a rookie I may add. 

2 hours ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Ya know what, all joking aside, Eriksson has such a good attitude considering his struggles and all the negativity aimed his way , I respect that 

ESGuKcU.png

Stress management.

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

All the talk in offseason and preseason was where are goals going to come from with Sedins gone.  

Oh this will get me all kind of negative flak, but I just can't resist - addition by subtraction.  The entire pace of our game has changed - we couldn't play this way with the Sedins, who had lost a step or two, or with players that are out of shape.  Apparently a few of our guys did work on their skating over the summer - Green must have told them how we were going to play and what they would have to do to be able to play - Gagner snoozed through the final conversation with coaches.

Benning brought in some vets that could skate, play defense, and be abrasive - Beagle, Roussel, and Schaller - sure didn't hurt.

6 minutes ago, brownky said:

Petey looked tired. Understandable, he HAS been carrying the team lately and it's a pretty heavy load.

So he's bagged and the guys show up big. That's great to see.

I'd be tempted to start Bachman next game... Marky was looking a little tired. He made some great saves, but there were a few times I saw him towards the end of the game and it reminded me of Late-playoff Luongo. Little gaps where there weren't any before. I think he needs a night off sooner rather than later - and not just because he's been giving up an increasing amount of goals, that's kind of how the team has been playing.

I'm happy with the win and how Archie showed in the scrap too. I loved the pushback from Stecher too.

A good game with a few things that can be fixed for sure.

Stecher had an inspired game: made a lot of plays -- especially in the offensive zone/pinching.   Hutton and Pouliot were good too, Hutton more than Pouliot, admittedly.

I'm not sure that Edler fits in with this new faster style.  Might be time to move him.  Or he could adapt the way that Gudbranson has: no idea he was this good. 

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Oilers lose, Sharks lose.

image.png.f4e82dacb2f18bfd806ea0cc8f30549b.png

On pace for 103 points!! lol...who woulda thunk??

• Like 2
  • Hydration 2

2 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Why are people saying EP took the night off ?   If his linemates could finish he could have had 3-4 points easily.

He had 2 or 3 giveaways that could have costed us a goal, and made an ill-advised pinched on the powerplay, that led to a 2 on 1.

Edited by shiznak

2 minutes ago, shiznak said:

He had 2 or 3 giveaways that could have costed us a goal, and made an ill-advised pitched on the powerplay, that led to a 2 on 1.

Good thing we scored 8 otherwise everyone talking about Peteys struggles. He's a kid mistakes will happen. 

1 hour ago, cory40 said:

They didn't give a instigator. They added a 2 min roughing penalty!

No. That is what John and John said.

It was an instigator.

Edit: I see this has been corrected numerous times already.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

And to the guy slamming our Swedish son.

Just because he didn't slap you silly all night with filthy goals, doesn't mean he didn't contribute.  I am SO angry right now that some are so blind that they'd actually rip on this kid already.  Don't even.  Puck possession matters.  Having guys "watch" him allows others to do stuff.  It's kind of complex, maybe don't bother.

image.pngimage.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Don’t let 1 guy get you all worked up... there are 500 million other people who think Pettersson is amazing. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lmm said:

me. I said we would vie for lowest goal total in the modern era.

may I have some gravy on that crow?

Can I join you?  You could be looking at a banquet of doubters ready to join you lol.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

Pros: AWESOME GRITTY WIN!

Cons: Markstrom letting in softies. Pettersson was VERY intimidated tonight like VERY. Ffs look at Stetcher you have Pettersson who seemed

a bit shell shocked all night long. Swedish players man they get dominated mentally when the physical play amps up. Stetcher is out there

getting flung around like a plastic bag in the wind and Pettersson takes a little heat and shuts r down for the night. Lolz

I learned a new word today... who would have thought this gem of a post would come up so I could use my word...

you sir are a faff. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Canucks are great.  Bo is great.  EP is great.  Scothct tastes greater after a win.  Drink scithc and you’ll see we are great.  

you shouldn't be mixing that scratch with your meds Alf

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

2explpz.jpg

FINALLY. THE BO HAS COME BACK! TO BOOOSTON.

Now The Bo says this: Torey Krug, you tried to go one on one with Darren Archibald? Well Torey Krug, The Bo could just imagine what you were like in High School! The oldest 27 year old senior the world has ever seen! Standing outside your house with your momma, and that short little yellow bus pulling up in front - beep beep, beep beep, beep beep! You just walk in on the bus, go into class, get inside the classroom, teacher up on the blackboard "Ok class, what is 2 + 2? Do you know, Tory?" "Oh yeah I know the answer to that, 2 + 2? Thomas Jefferson, sucka!"

The Bo is, and will forever will be the jabroni-beating, LALALALALALA pie-eating, trail-blazing, eyebrow-raising, stronger than a bear, faster than your momma, second time The Canucks layeth the smacketh down on your primadonna candy asses!

IF YOU SMEEEELLLLLL WHAT THE BO. IS COOKIN.

LOOOOOL! 

So glad the Bo made an appearance. I had a feeling he'd show up today. 

I was scrolling the PGT praying you made a post :lol:

What a game. We put up 8 goals without Brock & Edler... Not to mention Elias didn't even have to break a sweat and score. 

This team is DEEEEEEEEEP

Our dynasty and reign of terror on the NHL has begun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

gross, jack edwards, why dont they put both of them out.

cowgarypuck is so salty right now lol

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1