The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Feb. 05, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

people need to stop complaining about the high stick goal... it doesn't matter coz the puck touched markstrom before it went in.. it doesn't matter if he touched it accidentally or not... if it didnt touch markstrom then it's no goal.. the fact it touched markstrom negates the highstick whether it was intentional or not... read the nhl rules regarding that..

(i) the puck has been batted to an opponent (when a player bats the puck to an opponent, the Referee shall give the "washout" signal immediately. Otherwise, he will stop play).

You are correct

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2018-2019-NHL-rulebook.pdf

Rule 80 – High-sticking the Puck

80.1 High-sticking the Puck – Batting the puck above the normal height of the shoulders with a stick is prohibited. When a puck is struck with a high stick and subsequently comes into the possession and control of a player from the offending team (including the player who made contact with the puck), either directly or deflected off any player or official, there shall be a whistle. When a puck has been contacted by a high stick, the play shall be permitted to continue, provided that:

(i) the puck has been batted to an opponent (when a player bats the puck to an opponent, the Referee shall give the “washout” signal immediately. Otherwise, he will stop the play).

+1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

We played a 1 goal game against the cup champs. What you saw clearly was not what really happened. 

Those “champs” have been god awful lately 

i dont buy into the Wille defend the deficit mentality so we are supposed  to feel good about losing a one goal game 

imo Green needs to bench/waive Pouliot and get EP back with Brock 

trade Sutter and get a draft pick for him, get Gaudette back up 

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Those “champs” have been god awful lately 

i dont buy into the Wille defend the deficit mentality so we are supposed  to feel good about losing a one goal game 

imo Green needs to bench/waive Pouliot and get EP back with Brock 

trade Sutter and get a draft pick for him, get Gaudette back up 

Still the champs and still a great team. 

2 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

So you would be happier if he gave the standard Alaign Vigneult answer? Win or lose just say "there some aspects of our game we need to work on and we're trying to improve every game blah, blah, blah"

I prefer the Torts honest response. Call it like it is 

I don’t give a rats butt about a press conference . I care about decisions made and accountability for those decisions 

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

We played a 1 goal game against the cup champs. What you saw clearly was not what really happened. 

Some people just like to complain no matter what. If the Canucks went 82-0-0 on the season somebody would still find a reason to b@#%$. "Only 42 shutouts??? Like WTH!"

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Still the champs and still a great team. 

There are lots of great teams in the league. We will be one when we beat them and not feel good about coming close 

we need to be take a critical view and admit what is broken. Powerplay is broken. Pouliot is broken. Sutter is not adding any value. We can be better if we address those areas 

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

There are lots of great teams in the league. We will be one when we beat them and not feel good about coming close 

we need to be take a critical view and admit what is broken. Powerplay is broken. Pouliot is broken. Sutter is not adding any value. We can be better if we address those areas 

PP needs Newell Brown gone, Pouliot is fine unless he’s top 4, Sutter adding no value is laughable at best. 

Archived