The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Feb. 05, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Bure2Win said:

He's just being realistic dude, we all have intimate knowledge of how this teams plays when they have key injuries.....Sigh

From what I saw outside of the first period tonight the team was toe-to-toe with the defending champs. We also should've won last game at at least took this one to OT.

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

Man, these one goal games where we get 0 points are killing us. But let's try to stay positive. Lots of home games coming up. If we can get a win or two to finish this road trip, we'll still be okay. I hope Horvat gets out of his mini slump. He's looking good out there. Tanev played a great game. Markstrom continues to look sharp. 

Tanev gave the puck away a few times.  Plays die on Tanev's stick in the offensive zone.

Was pretty funny listening to the caps radio broadcast, although they are homers they were confused about a couple non calls on the capitals and they absolutely agreed that was a high stick, the one guy even continued to talk about it for like 10 minutes after the fact “smile and keep on going” the one guy said

The thing that upsets me is this. We lose two and some start saying this is not a play-off team. Yeh we didn't beat last years SCC. And Philly had just won 8 straight. Hey we could win the next two and  the Bi polars will come around. A play-off team is a team that plays games in April. We have to wait and see. Still have high hopes!

4 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Still plenty of hockey left to play. They just need to get hot. If they could go 20-6-2 in their last 28 they might squeek in.

Its not going to take 96 pts to make it out of the west this year, its going to be 85-91 pts at best

8 minutes ago, cory40 said:

The thing that upsets me is this. We lose two and some start saying this is not a play-off team. Yeh we didn't beat last years SCC. And Philly had just won 8 straight. Hey we could win the next two and  the Bi polars will come around. A play-off team is a team that plays games in April. We have to wait and see. Still have high hopes!

A loss on a high stick gwgoal - in a game the team dominated the last 40 minutes - rung the usual quota of posts - without Edler in the lineup.....

That was a great road game for this team imo.  Results are nice, but at this point are not as important as the 'process'.

This game did not seem like the massacre some predicted in the GDT.

The field is so close that why would 2 games decide a season? I thought St. Louie were sellers and even the Hawks as well. And now here they are. Maybe a few more games before the season is written off IMO.

34 minutes ago, Gelinas34 said:

This game did not seem like the massacre some predicted in the GDT.

The field is so close that why would 2 games decide a season? I thought St. Louie were sellers and even the Hawks as well. And now here they are. Maybe a few more games before the season is written off IMO.

It could ahve been 5-1 after the 1st period.  Team battled back.  Markstrom, AGAIN, gave us a chance to get points.  About all you can ask.  Bo is snake bitten.  Where the real problem is atm with this team, is veteran depth and their absolute, complete lack of scoring.

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Are the 31 teams playing in the league okay with the horrible state of officiating that exists now? How can they be? I've noticed blown calls happening on a nightly basis across the league.

I'm not talking marginal ones either, but clear infractions that are systematically ignored. It's not an anti-Vancouver sentiment either. These rejects are crapping the bed league wide, on the regular. It's embarrassing. And truly defines that shyster's run as commissioner. 

I think the speed of an NHL game has increased so much, but the referee's abilities haven't.

I'd like to think that the best refs are employed by the NHL. If calls are being missed maybe they need simply need more eyes. 3 refs and 2 linesman, off-ice refs, more coach's challenges? 

22 minutes ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

I think the speed of an NHL game has increased so much, but the referee's abilities haven't.

I'd like to think that the best refs are employed by the NHL. If calls are being missed maybe they need simply need more eyes. 3 refs and 2 linesman, off-ice refs, more coach's challenges? 

I think there should be no Refs and it’s just a honor system. It would really open up the game.

Just dropped by to see the comments from the game...

Interesting .... including the posts, from the usual ones that never posts after a victory...

We lost two games, with one goal each and were in both games... We were not supposed to do this well this season, so why are folks so negative?

The sky is falling...wtf...

We may or may not react the play offs, but its a process of building the team, and its the best we've looked in 4 years trending upwards.

How about enjoying the youngsters evolving, and the fact we give everyone a game. Bar from a few, we've been really good this season... 

24 minutes ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

Which makes absolute sense... Refs are "slow" to begin with! And as far as more challenges is concerned, they don't need any more... they're challenged enough as it is already! :lol:

Archived