Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 11, 2019

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

 

Yep, that was a nice comment from Joe.

 

But as he says, hockey is hockey, and they needed the two points to cement their lead on Calgary.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Games like these just prove how god damned stupid some people on here are. We are rebuilding, or did some of you losers forget that? Go cry somewhere else.

yes... it sure does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

No, it's not.

Definitely one of the places on this team where pucks go to die. 

Edited by WZRD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

Yeah I had more of an issue with Benning not acquiring more picks and beefing up our prospect system with more defencemen. This team has mismanaged assets too many times with Hamhuis, Vrbata, Vanek, etc.

Here's a question.  What would you have done differently with those players given the circumstances ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

That would get him an '...intent to injure', game penalty and a suspension.  Which doesn't help the team at all considering how thin the D core is.

Somehow I can't see refs giving him that much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My observations from the game this evening:

1.  Canucks defense was exposed for what it is (inefficient for NHL level of competition)

2.  Where was the push back for Evander Kane's cheap shot on Troy Stecher ?  He should have been flattened for what he did, either at the time of the infraction or on his next shift.  Hello Gudbranson, Virtanen, Roussel, ...? ...?  uh-oh, there are no more heavies on the team......

3.  For the 3rd. game in a row it is obvious (to me) that Tanev on his wrong side is not working;  in fact it is REALLY hurting this team.  Drop Bulldog and play Brisebois on LD, return Tanev to his RD.

4.  Not having a NHL backup goalie in todays NHL is unacceptable - management is to blame for this.  

5.  SJ is a good bet to take a run at the cup.  Canucks should look to their model for how to plan for the future.

 

Enjoy the snow everyone.......    

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Games like these just prove how god damned stupid some people on here are. We are rebuilding, or did some of you losers forget that? Go cry somewhere else.

Last I checked we had a shot at the playoffs where anything can happen, being forced to play DiPietro was perhaps a season ending screw up, this should have never happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, singing chef said:

My observations from the game this evening:

1.  Canucks defense was exposed for what it is (inefficient for NHL level of competition)

2.  Where was the push back for Evander Kane's cheap shot on Troy Stecher ?  He should have been flattened for what he did, either at the time of the infraction or on his next shift.  Hello Gudbranson, Virtanen, Roussel, ...? ...?  uh-oh, there are no more heavies on the team......

3.  For the 3rd. game in a row it is obvious (to me) that Tanev on his wrong side is not working;  in fact it is REALLY hurting this team.  Drop Bulldog and play Brisebois on LD, return Tanev to his RD.

4.  Not having a NHL backup goalie in todays NHL is unacceptable - management is to blame for this.  

5.  SJ is a good bet to take a run at the cup.  Canucks should look to their model for how to plan for the future.

 

Enjoy the snow everyone.......    

 

Right,because being like 1 goal from the Cup means our model is terrible,the only reason we blow is because the reload was too slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lost crucial 2 pts, but at least it wasn't to another team in the wild card race.  if Marky is not healed, they must get another goalie for next game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Last I checked we had a shot at the playoffs where anything can happen, being forced to play DiPietro was perhaps a season ending screw up, this should have never happened.

Where exactly were we going to get a better goalie without giving up assets? An AHL-caliber goalie wouldn't have done much better.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you guys expected 2 miracle wins against the top 2 teams in the West, wake up from the dream. We were lucky to beat the Flames, and got an expected loss against the Sharks. This team has a lot of missing parts before we can contend in the playoffs, so be patient and don’t expect too much right now.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Where exactly were we going to get a better goalie without giving up assets? An AHL-caliber goalie wouldn't have done much better.

Not so sure about that. Playing regularly in the minors is a major step up in speed and skill from juniors. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't get to watch the game but I'd say I'm a little concerned for Dipietro. Not to say having a single bad game as a rookie spells the future or that the results tonight were all on him. However the NHL is littered with a history of goaltenders that have been absolutely shelled to start and it turns into a major mental setback. Enough that people often question if the shelling changed their career trajectory. 

 

Hopefully DiPietro gets back to junior and gets his confidence back. He needs to gets eased into an NHL game thats a little less brutal like preseason games at training camp ect. Not late season vs a legit contender. 

 

Jim really should have signed a 3rd or 4th string guy to a leauge min like mason or leighton after we lost McKenna on waivers. 

Edited by LarsEller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

To be fair Bourdon died and our Russian went back home.

Tryamkin didn't get enough ice time because of Willie. Jim should have told Tryamkin that he would get more ice time the following year. The sad thing is that if Tryamkin doesn't leave we wouldn't have Gudbranson and would still have McCann.

 

I just think that Benning isn't a very good GM, I wish we would have kept Gilman.

Benning really should be the highest paid director of amateur scouting in the league.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

The Sharks are a legit contending team and well they should be,

they are one of the oldest teams in the league and "soon" they won't have some of their vets and be down at the bottom like we are now,

with most of our players being so young.

 

Better days ahead real soon for us.

Sharks are aware they are an older team... which is why they signed every high end free agent they could and bet the farm on contending for a Cup NOW.

 

Doug Wilson is not stupid... he knows he has an aging core, but a GOOD aging core, so he complemented it with players like Burns, Kane and Karlsson when he was fortunate enough to have them come into free agency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.