The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jonathan Dahlen to Sharks for Linus Karlsson

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Your victim complex is just pathetic. 

Victim complex was interesting words. First time I read those here. What about saying those words a few times to people caring for Green and Benning also. Or is it just me that are worthy such words? 

There are a lot of double standards on this forum. 

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

• 2 years later...
33 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Are we seriously whinging about this?

Well, it doesn't look like we are winning this trade so far, so people are whining.

This forum always has someone complaining about something. It's hilarious.

20 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Doesn't matter.

Even IF we kept him.

We probably would have lost him on waivers anyways.

Move on. 

No no! I refuse to move on! Dahlen would look really good on Petey's left side right now... Instead, we are constantly shifting Miller and Hoglander for that spot.... 

• Haha 1

Good start for Dahlén.

Leads all NHL rookies in goals and plus-minus, second (tied) in points, and fourth (tied) in shots on goal.

Also really solid (albeit early) 5v5 underlying numbers, among the league’s top rookies in team relative rates for most differential events stats (Corsi, Fenwick, etc).

And leads all rookies in rush attempts (and only one off the league lead).

6 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

No no! I refuse to move on! Dahlen would look really good on Petey's left side right now... Instead, we are constantly shifting Miller and Hoglander for that spot.... 

Don't forget that he asked for a trade.  He didn't make the SJ team, so returned to Sweden and worked on his game for a couple of years.  He was never going to be a Canuck.

The real test for JD will be his ability to continue scoring, once the other teams have a read on him.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

The only thing about this that is concerning to me is how comfortable JB is about being willing to give up on young players for next to nothing or nothing in return. Dahlen, Tryamkin, McCann, Forsling, Gaudette, Gadjovich, Juolevi, etc. 

That’s been the problem. Giving up on them is fine but do it while you can get something of value back.

I was a fan of him in the draft and when we traded for him I was stoked. Sad we traded him away but we had to because he had no patience. Being in Timra with Pettersson and Petterssons early success lead him into feeling he deserved something he didn’t. When he didn’t get a roster spot he wanted out and Benning needed to trade him. Still wish this never happened though because I still am a fan of this kid and believe he has the abilities to be a top 6 winger in the NHL.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I was a fan of him in the draft and when we traded for him I was stoked. Sad we traded him away but we had to because he had no patience. Being in Timra with Pettersson and Petterssons early success lead him into feeling he deserved something he didn’t. When he didn’t get a roster spot he wanted out and Benning needed to trade him. Still wish this never happened though because I still am a fan of this kid and believe he has the abilities to be a top 6 winger in the NHL.

I was super excited about the trade as well, and what he could have potentially done with Vancouver. The sense of entitlement he had was a maturity issue. Maybe after a few more years in the SHL has helped him, but I think Player Name (the guy we got from the trade) could potentially be a decent player. He's probably not top 6 material (yet), and his upside might not be that high as Dahlen. That being said, we need stable players who can play up and down the lineup.

26 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Don't forget that he asked for a trade.  He didn't make the SJ team, so returned to Sweden and worked on his game for a couple of years.  He was never going to be a Canuck.

The real test for JD will be his ability to continue scoring, once the other teams have a read on him.

I know the jury is still out...  But when we drafted him, he was advertised as the go to guy for Petey with really good chemistry... Could've let him play a few NHL games first before sending him down... Well, I guess our management tends to have short leash on certain players like Dahlen and Juolevi.... But my point is, we can't operate like contenders who already got a deep deep roster!  

7 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Dahlen didn't even attend the Sharks training camp the year he got traded.  He knew he was not NHL ready and wanted to work on his game back home.  It's only this year that he came over.   Doesn't sound like someone that was impatient.