The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linus Karlsson | C

4 minutes ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

My bad. Eyesight playing tricks on me. Earlier when I was watching it, it sure looked like a left-handed slapshot. Now it looks like a right-handed slapshot. Sort of like the crone or young girl with Victorian hat illusion.

I didn't know they sold hats at Victorian Secrets.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

My bad. Eyesight playing tricks on me. Earlier when I was watching it, it sure looked like a left-handed slapshot. Now it looks like a right-handed slapshot. Sort of like the crone or young girl with Victorian hat illusion.

It is a bit like that actually. I saw the RH shot my first few times (and it is RH). But then I tried sort of priming myself to see a LH shot, and then watched the clip again and actually saw it as a LH shot. Something about the camera angle and his windup makes it possible to see both, unless you really watch carefully (then it’s clearly RH).

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It is a bit like that actually. I saw the RH shot my first few times (and it is RH). But then I tried sort of priming myself to see a LH shot, and then watched the clip again and actually saw it as a LH shot. Something about the camera angle and his windup makes it possible to see both, unless you really watch carefully (then it’s clearly RH).

Wow weird, worked for me too.

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Also that I could not get a full screen of that GIF.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 9:16 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

The new black/blue or gold/white dress video?

48 minutes ago, westcoastsniper said:

Any way this guy will come to the AHL next season? We need centres down in Utica

I doubt it, Utica is geared more for veteran players and defensive role players. I don't think they excel at developing skill forwards. Or have the ice time for them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, westcoastsniper said:

Any way this guy will come to the AHL next season? We need centres down in Utica

I am thinking he should play in Sweden next year and hopefully in the SweHL and not Swe-1. A full year of playing in Sweden's top league may be a better fit for him in the long run. A lot likely depends on how he looks in development camp and in training camp prior to the start of next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Im still not sure what Canucks staff saw in Linus Karlsson, hope he has a good off season of training followed by a good year of development next year. As of right now it seems like he is a long ways off from being a top 6 impact player on the Canucks! 

3 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Im still not sure what Canucks staff saw in Linus Karlsson, hope he has a good off season of training followed by a good year of development next year. As of right now it seems like he is a long ways off from being a top 6 impact player on the Canucks! 

Based on how he profiles perhaps they felt the odds of him becoming a bottom 6 contributor were higher than Dahlen being an effective nhler 

3 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Based on how he profiles perhaps they felt the odds of him becoming a bottom 6 contributor were higher than Dahlen being an effective nhler 

Ya I was just reading his scouting report again on Dobber, He looks like a better prospect than I thought. He has good size for the NHL at 6'2 190pounds and he will only get stronger. He thinks the game well and has an offensive approach. His stats dropped when he went from junior to the mens league as an 18yr old but that is understandable. I think this next season he will get more ice time and have an opportunity to score more points. Maybe in the 2021 season we can bring him over to Utica. 

• Upvote 1

Interesting tidbit re: this draft...

https://thecanuckway.com/2019/04/24/vancouver-canucks-another-set-brothers-draft/

Vancouver Canucks: In position to get another set of brothers at June draft

Even though the Canucks already have Quinn Hughes on their team and his brother is draft-eligible this year, Hughes isn’t the only member of the Canucks organization who has a brother that is draft eligible this year. No, not Hughes, but instead, Linus Karlsson.

Karlsson was acquired from the San Jose Sharks at this year’s trade deadline in exchange for Jonathan Dahlen. Dahlen was the player that came over from the Ottawa Senators in the Alex Burrows trade. I won’t get into the trade too much, but the Canucks welcomed on Karlsson (who is still only 19) after Dahlen was unhappy with his deployment with the Canucks’ AHL affiliate, the Utica Comets.

Karlsson is a player that Canucks’ director of amateur scouting Judd Brackett was high on at the 2018 draft, but the Canucks selected Tyler Madden with their third-round pick at 68th overall, while the Sharks selected Karlsson at 87th overall in that same round.

Karlsson has a brother who is eligible for this year’s draft, Hampus Karlsson. Hampus is just a year younger than Linus and is following the same path his brother did in terms of the club he’s playing for in the Allsvenskan league, Sweden’s second-tier league.

Hampus is a left winger who stands at 6’3 and is currently listed at 179 pounds on EliteProspects. Brother Linus is 6’1 and 187 pounds. Hampus recorded 40 points in 15 games with Karlskrona HK J18 in the J18 Div. 1 league this season, before heading to the Karlskrona HK J20 team in the SuperElit league, where he scored 10 goals and picked up 10 assists in 34 games.

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:48 AM, aGENT said:

Interesting for novelty's sake, but probably not worth a pick. Not ranked as even a 7th rounder in any sources I have found. (Some guy has him ranked at #338 here: https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/rankings/2019-nhl-draft-rankings-the-april-500/).

Hampus hasn't been able to stand out in the J20 SuperElit. Whereas in his draft year, Linus was #1 in goals scored, and named the league's best forward.