The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 20, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

I need to learn this. 

Thank you.

I still don't know why TheGuardian gets a free pass from the mods though. 

I am starting to get conspiracy theoretical about it.

Like is it management guaging fan satisfaction with JB, or an in-house reporter who wants to develop his content, secret files on Stealth, or what?

Must keep calm.

But suffering fools is difficult enough, abiding trolls is almost impossible, and reading a-holes' crapping on our parade is against the rules of the forum.

If I dare quote a white, empirical, Anglo-Saxon leader in these overly-politically-correct times, Queen Victoria reportedly once said, "We are not amused."

Must learn to be amused. 

Thanks again.

Appreciate your content.

Just block(ignore) him - problem solved

3 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

“Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser.”  I’m glad the boys are going out on their shields (again).  We’ve come by that record honestly due to a weak roster and injury troubles.  They’ve never quit.  

Exactly the kind of team I want Hughes to be a part of.

Almost, just maybe, quite possibly Green should get some credit here. Seems like Green is mostly talked about when it's time to talk negatives.

3 hours ago, BPA said:

Was at the game. 

Canucks were 5-0 in the third.  OTT Pageau hit and face-washed VAN Stecher in the boards.  Whistle blew and Pageau turned to face Stecher as if motioning to fight.  Stecher seemed to look at him for a good 3-4 seconds then skated away.

Such a shame as that would have been an interesting light weight fight. 

I believe Stecher actually engaged him first with a hit, maybe a shot for Sautner. Pageau then went back to retaliate and Stecher didn't want to give him the opportunity to try to spark his team. Stecher is tough as nails and I'm sure would've taken the fight in different circumstances. Stecher has been one of our top dmen lately, so that trade off wouldn't have been beneficial anyway.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Almost, just maybe, quite possibly Green should get some credit here. Seems like Green is mostly talked about when it's time to talk negatives.

Seriously.  How easy would it have been for this group to pack it up when Tanev got hurt for the billionth time?  

Instead they go on a little run here to get within sight of the playoffs again.  

Theyve had bad games over the years and times when they just couldn’t buy a goal... but I don’t think I’ve seen a prolonged stretch with disinterested, gutless play.

13 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Just block(ignore) him - problem solved

He's been on Ignore for a long time.

He starts threads that trap posters into replying.

Posters quote and answer him.

He's all over CDC and it is always crap designed to stir us up.

There seems to be no way to stop it; he's got a free pass.

Just now, ilduce39 said:

Seriously.  How easy would it have been for this group to pack it up when Tanev got hurt for the billionth time?  

Instead they go on a little run here to get within sight of the playoffs again.  

Theyve had bad games over the years and times when they just couldn’t buy a goal... but I don’t think I’ve seen a prolonged stretch with disinterested, gutless play.

When a team is down and feels like losers, then you get a disinterested team. It's Green's job to keep them focused, but the leadership group is also adding that no quit attitude (which includes recent signings like Beagle and Roussel). Also young guys like Pettersson who seem to genuinely hate to lose and does everything to win sparks a team. And can't ignore Bo living up to The Ox nickname (or is it Cap now?) carrying whatever load is asked of him to lead the team.

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

I need to learn this. 

Thank you.

I still don't know why TheGuardian gets a free pass from the mods though. 

I am starting to get conspiracy theoretical about it.

Like is it management guaging fan satisfaction with JB, or an in-house reporter who wants to develop his content, secret files on Stealth, or what?

Must keep calm.

But suffering fools is difficult enough, abiding trolls is almost impossible, and reading a-holes' crapping on our parade is against the rules of the forum.

If I dare quote a white, empirical, Anglo-Saxon leader in these overly-politically-correct times, Queen Victoria reportedly once said, "We are not amused."

Must learn to be amused. 

Thanks again.

Appreciate your content.

Do you actually expect every CDC member to think alike? Or that after a declining miserable 7 years, there will be no one critical of the team or GM?  Or more astonishingly, that it is not warranted? That  this would be normal under the circumstances?  And on a message board meant to be a place to share differing opinions on the team?  And that someone should be banned for that?

Give your head a shake brother.

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

Do you actually expect every CDC member to think alike? Or that after a declining miserable 7 years, there will be no one critical of the team or GM?  Or more astonishingly, that it is not warranted? That  this would be normal under the circumstances?  And on a message board meant to be a place to share differing opinions on the team?  And that someone should be banned for that?

Give your head a shake brother.

Ok, I'm all shook up.

Yours is a shallow response.

Look at his posts and threads, they are full of bait.

15 hours ago, Tom Sestito said:

Continuing to note, the Canucks have only given up 2.5 GAA since Gudbranson left 12 games ago. For those people that laughed at every person who said Gudbranson is worse than the guys he could be replaced by from Utica/free agency you are now seeing it before your eyes. If they can move out Sutter, Eriksson this summer, they will be in a good spot going forward. No more new albatross contracts please.

I’m never the one who defends Gudbranson. I always thought he was a decent 3rd pairing guy, but out of those 12 games, only three teams were ranked in the top 10 in goals for. Colorado, Vegas (x2), and Toronto. Only two teams were legitimate playoff teams. It’s not like we were playing against high scoring teams during that stretch. Markstrom also stood on his head during those games and for most parts, we were still badly getting outshot by teams.

Schenn, Sautner, Brisebois, and Biega doesn’t make our defense structure any better by replacing Gudbranson or even Pouliot. Despite the record or what people think of them.

12 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Ok, I'm all shook up.

Yours is a shallow response.

Look at his posts and threads, they are full of bait.

Meh, one person's bait is another person's rib eye steak.

As far as The Guardian, I disagree with him too at times. I went after him for dismissing Stecher's value to the team.

But I generally agree with his take on JB's deficiencies and that we squandered years of properly rebuilding.  I may not word my opinion as harshly, but to say his posts are "bait" because you feel like flaming him back, every time he writes something you find is too negative, (again, this team has not been doing well) is frivolous. If you don't like what he says, then argue with him using your own words,  to his face, so to speak.   I'm sure he'd be happy to respond.

Question: let's say, for the sake of argument, the Canucks squeak into the playoffs. Does Tanev, Sutter, and Roussel stay shut down, or do they potentially come back? Not sure how bad their injuries are, but mostly concerned about chemistry. Thoughts on the matter?

4 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Meh, one person's bait is another person's rib eye steak.

As far as The Guardian, I disagree with him too at times. I went after him for dismissing Stecher's value to the team.

But I generally agree with his take on JB's deficiencies and that we squandered years of properly rebuilding.  I may not word my opinion as harshly, but to say his posts are "bait" because you feel like flaming him back, every time he writes something you find is too negative, (again, this team has not been doing well) is frivolous. If you don't like what he says, then argue with him using your own words,  to his face, so to speak.   I'm sure he'd be happy to respond.

Well, I thought the correct way to deal with it was to report it to the mods.

We weren't supposed to talk about it in the forum.

If I respond to him directly, I feed the troll.

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Sort of like how Apollo couldn’t beat Clubber Lang or Dolph Lundgren? :P

Apollo would have made mince meat of Lang around the time he fought Rocky, he’d take him seriously no doubt as it was Mr T. 

Not sure about Lundgren though, he was like Foreman, an absolute beast.  Maybe a few years before Rocky if he used his inner Ali he could have bested him at one point instead of dying in the ring.   Drago was a beast that only one person in the world could beat, and that was Rocky but only after the best montage in cinematic history (ok I actually prefer the Rocky III montage, but the run on the beach was just a bit too much) you know lifting all those rocks with all the crew in the wagon...that’s how Ali trained for Foreman, and factually the fight with Drago and Rocky wasn’t much different, Ali knew within two rounds that he couldn’t go toe to toe with him, and would have to take a ridiculous beating to have any chance in beating the much stronger fighter and equally capable fighter...the rumble in the jungle might be the most iconic fight ever ... worth a watch if you’ve never seen it.

Watched Creed II yesterday (kid home sick and that’s what she wanted to watch, go figure) , surprisingly good..wish Rocky and Drago went a few rounds though, that would have been more fun that the rest of the movie.  

Apollo Creed died doing what he loved at least. 

28 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I’m never the one who defends Gudbranson. I always thought he was a decent 3rd pairing guy, but out of those 12 games, only three teams were ranked in the top 10 in goals for. Colorado, Vegas (x2), and Toronto. Only two teams were legitimate playoff teams. It’s not like we were playing against high scoring teams during that stretch. Markstrom also stood on his head during those games and for most parts, we were still badly getting outshot by teams.

Schenn, Sautner, Brisebois, and Biega doesn’t make our defense structure any better by replacing Gudbranson or even Pouliot. Despite the record or what people think of them.

So wait, we only played a third of our games against teams in the top third of the league?!?!?!?!

Oh wait, that makes perfect sense and averages out properly.

And yes Biega and Schenn are upgrades on Gudbranson even though they themselves are nothing more than #6-9 D.

10 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Do what you want. But I'm not sure what exactly you would even report. He is just expressing his opinions. Look,  I'm not hear to defend other posters. I just responded to your post where you brought him up as an example of someone who should be silenced in some way.  Someone I share some views with, but it could have been anyone. And no, if you respond to him, you are not feeding a troll, you are feeding a conversation. A "troll" is not someone who takes time to write longer posts, explaining their reasoning for their opinions, which The Guardian does do. A more pertinent question would be how does he have the time to post so much?, but that question is for another day.  I'm out with this topic

18 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

The Gaurdians views might not be popular, but freedom of speech is more important than cutting him off.  Personally I’ve made my peace with him/her a long time ago, same with three or four others on this site that carefully hide their trolls with good insights and hockey facts.  Maybe I’m one of those at times too, everyone has a bad day, and it isn’t hard to find something that’s not factual or pure fabrication and rip on it.

I think the Gaurdian and others, myself included, are suffering from too many years of heartaches following this franchise and the bitter comes out without much of any filters at times as a result.  We all have mood swings depending on what’s happening at the moment too, sometimes I think the CDC is completely bi-polar, hyperpositve after a win or two, doomsday after a losing streak.  One week it’s tear it down to the studs, the next week the rebuild is almost complete.  Just go back and read the titles only of threads and correlate it with how we did (wins and losses) and it’s almost funny.  

As far as the Gaurdian goes, just think of him as the devils advocate, or a very disappointed fan that’s had enough and wants blood. Both are understandable, just don’t get caught up with any fabrications.  

20 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Do what you want. But I'm not sure what exactly you would even report. He is just expressing his opinions. Look,  I'm not hear to defend other posters. I just responded to your post where you brought him up as an example of someone who should be silenced in some way.  Someone I share some views with, but it could have been anyone. And no, if you respond to him, you are not feeding a troll, you are feeding a conversation. A "troll" is not someone who takes time to write longer posts, explaining their reasoning for their opinions, which The Guardian does do. A more pertinent question would be how does he have the time to post so much?, but that question is for another day.  I'm out with this topic

He’s Gaurding us and the Canucks in general...that’s a full-time job.

48 minutes ago, therodigy said:

Question: let's say, for the sake of argument, the Canucks squeak into the playoffs. Does Tanev, Sutter, and Roussel stay shut down, or do they potentially come back? Not sure how bad their injuries are, but mostly concerned about chemistry. Thoughts on the matter?

My thoughts would be don’t let them play at all in the first round even if they are ready to go.  IF we make it by some miracle, don’t rock the boat..with the exception of maybe Rousell.  Use them as injury replacements and don’t touch a thing.   

49 minutes ago, therodigy said:

We would have to win all 8 games remaining and get some help - not going to happen.

If you are playing chess do you not bring the Queen out to attack because you’ve been doing quite well with the other pieces?

Archived