The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1 year ago today...

Generational.EP40

Shots on goal were 22-33, Daniel scored his 22nd goal 33 seconds into the 2nd, assisted by Henrik.

And to cap it off they scored the winner 2:33 into overtime.

For me, nothing has ever topped the emotion and passion in that last home game. No playoff game, no finals game - nothing. Fans on their feet for all of OT and the Sedins gassed on the ice ensuring they ended it on their terms...what an atmosphere that game was!

I remember the quote from Shorty.. "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened".  What a great game, and what a treat to watch them grow as players.

And jesus, why Celine Dion!?

The numerology throughout their paralleled careers was always amazing..but that last home game, was just unbelievable! That final home W, number-symbolism was some kind of hat-tip from the HockeyGods.

It was mentioned that adding the OT period to the 3rd equaled 22:33! What appropriate ways for them to each last touch the puck on Vancouver ice.

I was there, bawling like a baby.  Got on the big screen, kleenex box in hand.  What a game...I will never forget it.  The fact that I saw it with my son...even better.  He's been to playoff games and said this was the best game he'd ever been to.   Hockey history.  So much emotion in the building that night....

1 hour ago, Type R said:

I remember the quote from Shorty.. "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened".  What a great game, and what a treat to watch them grow as players.

And jesus, why Celine Dion!?

Bite your tongue sir, Celine is a national treasure.

2 hours ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Shots on goal were 22-33, Daniel scored his 22nd goal 33 seconds into the 2nd, assisted by Henrik.

For me, nothing has ever topped the emotion and passion in that last home game. No playoff game, no finals game - nothing. Fans on their feet for all of OT and the Sedins gassed on the ice ensuring they ended it on their terms...what an atmosphere that game was!

I wish Louie E would play like he did in that game in every game... 

Fitting way to end great careers. They were two of the greatest Canucks ever.

But I'm not even misty on the memory. Maybe I'm not sentimental or whatever, maybe it's just that their careers were shrouded in heartbreak, and I don't miss them at all.

This new generation of Canucks has me pumped for the future, not missing the past.

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I was there, bawling like a baby.  Got on the big screen, kleenex box in hand.  What a game...I will never forget it.  The fact that I saw it with my son...even better.  He's been to playoff games and said this was the best game he'd ever been to.   Hockey history.  So much emotion in the building that night....

I hear you, I was fortunate enough to attend their final game at Rogers Place in Edmonton. It was a special as it must have appeared on TV. They went to overtime as I recall. When the game was over everyone stood for minutes to salute the boys. The emotions were flowing. It was a truly an outstanding evening, one I will always remember. 

On 4/6/2019 at 6:11 AM, Generational.EP40 said:

On semi related note, I farted 33 times that day (Chicken Tikka Masala at the local Indian restaurant) and had to make 22 trips to the bathroom to pee (type 2 diabetes).

Archived